College Football Championships (and some basketball too)

Home Forums All StateFansNation College Football Championships (and some basketball too)

Viewing 11 posts - 26 through 36 (of 36 total)
  • Author
    wufpup76
    Keymaster

A lot of commentators touting Ohio State in the #4 slot based on the Wiscy game and the fact it was a conference title game.

I can’t begin to imagine the level of outrage in Waco and/or Fort Worth if that happens.

Wulfpack
    Participant

It would be Florida State that would be left out, not TCU. TCU jumped FSU in the seedings last week and won impressively, as did Ohio State. I still think you have to go with the Noles for the fourth seed.

Gowolves
    Participant

North Florida beat Purdue yesterday! Well that may not be a good loss?

Wulfpack
    Participant

I understand my take on it is contrary to what is being said by espn and others. Most have Bama, Oregon and FSU as locks. But the committee made the deliberate decision to seed TCU over FSU ladt week. The Frogs went out and took care of business against a very bad 0-9 Iowa State team. FSU squeaked by as they have been doing the past month. This time though it was a good and highly ranked GT team in a conference championship.

It is going to be interesting to see how this shakes out. Will the Big 12 be penalized for not having a true champion? Art Briles and the Big 12 commish are feuding. What kind of weight do you give to all of FSU’s close calls? And what do you do with Ohio State?

Seems to me there are six deserving teams this time around. Baylor and Ohio State get left out IMHO.

Texpack
    Participant

Oregon, Alabama, FSU, tOSU

FSU and tOSU get the last two spots. FSU is an undefeated P5 Conference Champion. tOSU is a 12-1 conference champion being compared to an 11-1 TCU (not a champion) and an 11-1 Baylor. The eye test also leans their way.

wufpup76
    Keymaster

🙁

pakfanistan
    Participant

NJIT beat Michigan. One game is nearly meaningless.

Wufpacker
    Participant

This is why the committee should keep their big yaps shut until…well, today.

Gowolves
    Participant

I’m just sayin’

wufpup76
    Keymaster

Radford wins @ VT … ACC is piling up some bad losses. Bottom 1/4 of the league (or maybe more) look like they’re going to do no one any favors with RPI rankings and such.

Wulfpack
    Participant

Yep. The bottom of the league looks REALLY bad. And it is pretty deep, too.

Viewing 11 posts - 26 through 36 (of 36 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.