#3 NC State Wrestling hosts #10 Virginia Tech –LIVE THREAD

Home Forums StateFans Baseball & Other Sports #3 NC State Wrestling hosts #10 Virginia Tech –LIVE THREAD

Viewing 13 posts - 26 through 38 (of 38 total)
  • Author
    SaccoV
    Participant

Chishko with a quick escape. 3-1 Jack.

SaccoV
    Participant

Not sure, MrPlywood. I think he got into a funk after giving that bad takedown. I will discuss at the break.

SaccoV
    Participant

Jack gives up a stall call, but holds on to win 3-2. Va Tech leads 7-3 after three.

SaccoV
    Participant

13-6 loss for Donahue. Va Tech leads 10-3.

SaccoV
    Participant

Sorry. Baby takes precedence at times here. Gantt with a decision over Braschetta 4-1 pulls the Pack to within 4, 10-6. 5 down, 5 to go.

SaccoV
    Participant

As for the Morris match at 133, I think Jamal was a bit stunned by the first takedown for Gustafson. It was at the edge of the mat AFTER both wrestlers had firmly established two feet out-of-bounds. That usually results in a whistle, and a re-start. In this case, Gustafson kept wrestling, Morris relaxed and gave up a takedown, though Gustafson needed to place both his feet back inside the ring in order for that call to be made. I have coached wrestling before, and I don’t think I’ve seen an instance where a wrestler was allowed to re-establish position back in-bounds after both he and his opponent were fully out-of-bounds. Either way, smart for Gustafson, and Morris needs to be tougher. You can’t give up 8 points in the final period of a match. That major decision may cost State the Regular Season title.

MrPlywood
    Participant

Max is wrestling well. Need some bonus points here.

SaccoV
    Participant

Max with the TECH FALL to give State 11 points, but Va Tech gets the next two matches to lead 16-11 going into 197.

SaccoV
    Participant

Boykin loses 3-2. Va Tech wins the ACC title.

SaccoV
    Participant

Gwiz with a ho-hum 4-2 victory over Ty Walz, but State falls to Va Tech 19-14. All of the key matches went Va Tech’s way. Must re-group, and get ready for Missouri, who will be looking to pounce and give State another home loss on Sunday.

MrPlywood
    Participant

VaT seemed more aggressive across the board, and better on their feet. Very disappointing result with the title on the line.

pakfanistan
    Participant

JEEEEEEZZZZZZZZZ…Why can’t we have nice things?

coyotejoe
    Participant

Dean Smith’s picture should never be displayed on this site again…bad mojo.

Viewing 13 posts - 26 through 38 (of 38 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.