2017 NCAA tourney *OFFICIAL* thread

Home Forums StateFans Basketball 2017 NCAA tourney *OFFICIAL* thread

Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 133 total)
  • Author
    TheAliasTroll
    Participant

I’ve made an executive decision to condense the single day tourney threads to an overall tourney thread.

Wichy State vs Kentucky is must watch basketball. I’m predicting a barn burner.

bill.onthebeach
    Participant

POP!!!

goes twice for brackets and beers….

Guess we’ll watch the Blues battle it out…

#NCSU-North Carolina's #1 FOOTBALL school!
    MrPlywood
    Participant

Is it me or do the Holes get a personal invite to the Sweet 16 every year? With valet parking…

TheAliasTroll
    Participant

Is it me or do the Holes get a personal invite to the Sweet 16 every year? With valet parking…

Nope, you are correct, they seem to have an easy path every year. Duke deserved that #1 seed more than the Holes in my opinion if you look at their respective resumes. It is what it is I guess.

bill.onthebeach
    Participant

Uncle Roy won’t ever learn to call the TO when the other Team erases a 17 point lead…

HOLES looking at their bench, not getting any help…

Couldn’t happen to nicer guys…

POP!!!

Gowolves
    Participant

Nope, you are correct, they seem to have an easy path every year. Duke deserved that #1 seed more than the Holes in my opinion if you look at their respective resumes. It is what it is I guess.

Duke lost three of four games before the tournament. Carolina won the league over several months. No way Duke deserves a number one seed for getting hot for three days. Especially considering they won two of those tournament games when A key Louisville and a key Carolina player got in foul trouble and made life easier for Duke.

Gowolves
    Participant

Boy that was a real late call. UNC refs!

bill.onthebeach
    Participant

ANGST building thicker than fleas on a country hound dog over in Blue Heaven…

they’ve seen this sh$t dozens of time going back to El Deano…

Oh… ya’ll are playing too hard, we’re the Tarholes, ya’ll do know that don’t you???

Uncle Roy gonna have to pull some sh#t out of his a## and save this one for his kids…
    Oh yeah… I forgot… we’re talking about Uncle Roy…

Can the Hogs beat Uncle Roy, the HOLES and the Zebras ???

POP!!!

Gowolves
    Participant

How was that not a charge?

Gowolves
    Participant

Or a travel.

bill.onthebeach
    Participant

Travel…

HOGS show what they learned from all them big games they play down in Football country…

Scoreless the last 3 minutes…

HOLES win on the floor…
    not from the Bench.

I did like that hard full court press from Uncle Roy with a 4pt lead and 10 seconds left…
    although it was pointless.. still it was cute…

choppack1
    Participant

Bummer. Who does the evil empire play next.

Adventuroo
    Participant

Butler (#4 Seed) showcasing Wee Tiny Tyler of EX-NCSU Fame. Boy’s name has been uttered MORE that Gottfried. Someone else posted this…so it is NOT my work. Followed Mr. 538 in the election. He is a “Probability” statistician that writes complex formulas and algorithms that “Predict” the outcome based on “survey”. He had a site that got a LOT of hype (due to its accuracy drying PAST elections….and he was a WhizKid Pollster for the WJC folks and went “public” for the big bucks.

https://projects.fivethirtyeight.com/2017-march-madness-predictions/?addata=espn:frontpage

He was always (in the home stretch) “HRC by Landslide”. Somewhere around 7:30 PM (EDST), his numbers shifted a little. Then around 9:30, he “called it” and the Soon-to-be-loosing party went ballistic and in self denial (HMMMM….I think that I have seen that reaction sometime quite recently). He then walked around Time Square tweeting what was happening and “marveling” at what was happening and what his “infallible” model was predicting. He was also a quoted source on so many programs and cable “news….(real and/or fake) outlets…”

SO, I have NO idea as to his correlation based on past NCAA runs. It WOULD appear that his “services” are not in high demand and he has had to “make a midlife career change” and is doing sports. It IS a pretty good interactive site and you can “observe” the odds and compare them with our own gut feel or vast Statistical Analysis. I would say….”He Ain’t no SAS”.

It will be interesting to see UNC vs. Butler and the WTTL. ORW probably DOES remember him…

bill.onthebeach
    Participant

The gym must be hot over in Greenville…

Coach Rat done took off his suitcoat after just 7 minutes…

choppack1
    Participant

I am sorry. That’s totally absurd that a 2 seed plays in South Carolina vs. South Carolina (the 7 seed)…And to make matters worse, the heels played their earlier. It’s disgusting – and on an IOC / World Cup Soccer corruption level.

choppack1
    Participant

I mean this is absurd….On a criminal level. Some type of investigation should take place. Seriously. Was this incompetence or intentional.

bill.onthebeach
    Participant

IIRC… these are the GSO games that moved out due to HB2….

JeremyH
    Participant

It’s because of the bathroom law, your fault.

JeremyH
    Participant

All that ACC depth…fools gold. Geez Miami and FSU really pooped the bed.

bill.onthebeach
    Participant

ANGST moving up 15-501N …

same game twice in a row…

All about heart… Coach can’t do much except watch…

MrPlywood
    Participant

Devils are dooking the bed. We’ll see how it plays out.

JeremyH
    Participant

Duke is dead. The ACC with all their invites, down to one, the chronic cheaters.

MrPlywood
    Participant

Frank Langella is doing a helluva coaching job for SC.

JeremyH
    Participant

Can we pay Martin 4 mil and be done with it? We didn’t hire a coach yet…did we? Did we? We did?

Hamlet
    Participant

Frank Martin is very impressive. That guy won’t be in SC much longer.

ACC with one team in the Sweet 16. What was that Gott was crying about, the unbelievably difficult, veteran ACC? Thank goodness we pulled the plug on MG.

Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 133 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.