2016-2017 BBall Team: BiteMe!

Home Forums StateFans Basketball 2016-2017 BBall Team: BiteMe!

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    GoldenChain
    Participant

OK so I boldly said that this year’s team had all the pieces and feel of the Wolfpack teams of old. Great PG, SG, big men, bench, etc.

After the VATech game, where we actually got a ranked team on the mat and pummeled ’em, I broke out the ‘ole school’ Kool Aid and put on my 2 sizes too small Phi Pack Attacka tee.

Then what happened THE WORST LOSS IN STATE COLLEGE HISTORY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! AND TO unx TO BOOT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    EVERETT CASE IS ROLLING OVER IN HIS GRAVE!!!!!!!!!!!!!! STORMIN’ NORMAN IS ROLLING OVER IN HIS GRAVE!!!!!!!! JIMMY V IS ROLLING OVER IN HIS GRAVE!!!!!!!!!!

Yes, as I predicted: this team has all the potential to be something special; I just didn’t realize it would be being the BIGGEST LOSERS in NCSU history!

And you better be glad it took me 30 hours to calm down. Good thing I sent my 37th WPC check last month.
    (Bobby I invite comment)

Adventuroo
    Participant

Can’t say that I disagree. Our WPC Check was the 45th as Stormin’ Norman recruited me in Ahoskie (or maybe Murfreesboro) in 1971.

I had planned on purchasing a Reynolds Tile last year, but time ran out to get the wording. So, it was on this year’s list of things to do.

THAT is on HOLD.

I don’t think that Bobby Purcell is in charge of the NCSU AD. That is a function of Chancellor Woodson and carried out by AD Yow.

I have the utmost respect for AD Yow and fully understand that ONE game, be it a loss that broke a record set 96 years ago, makes a season. ORW set was defeated in 2012 by FSU for the worst (I believe) margin his his career. UNC was #3 at the time in Mid January. They finished #4 in the polls with a 29-5 record. SO, one game does NOT define the season. However, we have had our OOC fiasco and our “U” fiasco and now our UNC Humiliation FIASCO.

Depending on how the season plays out, there MIGHT need to be some serious meetings afterwards. We are by NO WAY, performing to the level of the talent that we have. In addition, the lack of “game confidence” which is written or sloughed off to “inexperience” is, to me, NOT an acceptable explanation. We had the momentum from the VT game….and totally lost it or did not fully understand how to come out and play a more talented and seasoned team.

Embarrassing is the understatement of the year….

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.