2015 ACC Tournament Preview

Home Forums All StateFansNation 2015 ACC Tournament Preview

Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)
  • Author
    BJD95
    Keymaster

Firstly, a hearty congratulations to SFN favorite Beejay “King Hippo” Anya on being named the ACC’s Sixth Man of the Year, and First Team all-defense.
    [See the full post at: 2015 ACC Tournament Preview]

redisgood
    Participant

I agree about Cat Barber at least a strong candidate for DPOY, but the ACC and not the press are to blame for this one. For DPOY, the voters were given a drop down menu with just seven names. They had to select from those seven, and there was nowhere for them to write someone else in. It is noteworthy Malcom Brogdon wasn’t on the list of seven either.

BJD95
    Keymaster

WOW, that would have been my first and second choices.

Wufpacker
    Participant

13. Georgia Tech, 14. Virginia Tech

Toughest Obstacle(s): All things basketball-related.

Hee hee. Ain’t it the truth?
    Agree about VT’s pluck though.

I’m hopeful that Buzz can’t get any talent to speak of to come to Blacksburg. But, if he does…

MP
    Participant

Last year was tough on ACCT semifinal Saturday. I’m feeling a run to the Finals. But I can’t help but think of our previous 3-4 runs to the Finals…

JeremyH
    Participant

maybe we can have Justin Gainey, or Engin Atsur come in and give a peptalk about ACC tournaments. Its so difficult to win these things when you have to play more games than the other teams.

wufpup76
    Keymaster

Good preview!

Enjoy the Geneva Convention violation that is this Wednesday mash-up. They should have a tractor pull at halftime.

^Hahahahalollllllers. Better yet, just have Brownell and Hamilton in a good ol’ fashioned mud wrasslin’ contest to determine the winner. A win for everybody … maybe. Or perhaps just a two hour debate on the finer points of clutch-and-hold basketball, and how it really is good for the game.

Hope BC gets by Georgia Tech. I think the Eagles could really make a Wed. match-up w/ the Cheats fun to watch and possibly interesting. The Cheats are the worst match-up in the league for poor Georgia Tech, as evidenced by the 4-billion point beatdowns the Jackets received in each Cheat contest.

Texpack
    Participant

maybe we can have Justin Gainey, or Engin Atsur come in and give a peptalk about ACC tournaments. Its so difficult to win these things when you have to play more games than the other teams.

I would go with Vinny, Whit, or somebody who actually won one of these. But as for the underdog runs, none had me more pumped than the one led by Clint Cotis Harrison.

wufpup76
    Keymaster

The media picks of a Cheats-Duke tourney final are already rolling in. Could happen, but seems more like wishful ‘BLUES!’ thinking to me.

Just gonna hand-wave the Cheats inability to beat anyone in the top 25? How ‘meh’ they were down the stretch – and really how ‘meh’ they are? Conveniently forget that UVa owned the Cheats in the Cheat Dome? I mean really, when does reality set in and ‘you are what your record says you are’ take hold for the Cheats? Ohh that’s right, they’re built on fraud – so they’ll just magically make the finals because reasons.

bill.onthebeach
    Participant

The media picks of a Cheats-Duke tourney final are already rolling in.

^There are at least four other teams who might disagree…

Virginia
    Notre Dame
    Louisville
    NC State

plus there will be at least two “WTF” games involving the rest of the league…

This could be one of the best tournaments in years…
    Nobody, especially the Wolfpack, should take anybody too lightly as there will be NO EASY GAMES.

#NCSU-North Carolina's #1 FOOTBALL school!
    TheCOWDOG

We’ll get Beej’s post a bump here, but most likely as not, I’m probably gonna have some empty PBR’s thrown my way.

I am completely ambivalent about the ACCT for the 1st time in…I don’t know…forever?

Now,it’s not in a 13OT kinda way. It has nothing to do with the “New ACC,” or Swofford,or the future move to NYC.

It’s just that the stories have already played out.

I personally, would like to see State handle biz v. Pitt, but in doing so…it almost forces the Pack to beat Duke to stay off the Mendoza line (9/8.)

I was kinda thinking that winning one would get us to a 7, and playing a flawless scrimmage, win or lose, would keep us out of the 9/8.

I don’t really care if we play Friday. Really.

So…did, I just create a storyline

Alpha Wolf
    Keymaster

The media picks of a Cheats-Duke tourney final are already rolling in. Could happen, but seems more like wishful ‘BLUES!’ thinking to me.

I’d say Notre Dame has the easier path to the Finals, and the oddsmakers agree.

Seed	Team	Odds*
    1	Virginia	+190
    2	Duke	+150
    3	Notre Dame	+650
    4	Louisville	+625
    5	North Carolina	+625
    6	Miami	+3500
    7	NCSU	+3000
    8	Clemson	+20000
    9	Florida State	+30000
    10	Pittsburgh	+15000
    11	Wake Forest	+50000
    12	Boston College	+100000
    13	Georgia Tech	+50000
    14	Virginia Tech	+150000
    MP
    Participant

What is Anderson’s status for UVA?

BJD95
    Keymaster

Haven’t heard anything official, but my strong presumption is that he’s held out until the NCAAT.

WTNY
    Participant

TheCOWDOG — I understand where you are coming from. Maximize NCAAT potential.

However, I want some hardware.

IMO, an ACC Title > anything less than a Final Four

We ain’t making the Final Four this year so let’s win the ACC Tourney!

Rick
    Keymaster

Lacey needs a nickname. I will ponder it.

The Cat-ney and Lacey moniker never did stick, for good reason.

Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.