2014 Football Team Goals

Home Forums StateFans Football 2014 Football Team Goals

Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 26 total)
  • Author
    Trout
    Participant

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0yCtb1Z7HKM&app=desktop”

What I found interesting is that about 2/3 the way through, DD is talking to the team and there is a poster with the 2014 Team Goals. Here they are:

1. No off the field distractions that embarrass our team.
    2. Fall term team gpa of 2.5 or higher.
    3. Top 3 in ACC turnover margin.
    4. Top 3 in ACC in special teams.
    5. Top 3 in ACC for least penalties.
    6. Earn post season opportunity and win.
    7. Go undefeated at home.
    8. Beat UNC.

Discuss

BJD95
    Keymaster

That’s still WAYYYYY too much to expect, but I definitely like setting ambitious goals.

I agree with 1-2 for sure, 3-5 as something we can control within our talent level.

My goals were no less than 4-8(1-7), which looks a near-certainty.

Trout
    Participant

I think we have a shot at all of them except #7

nav
    Participant

Yeah, saying that beating FSU at home will be tough would be a hugh understatement. But think back a couple years ago. No one thought we would beat FSU at home then either. FSU playing us in Raleigh is akin to us play WF at Wake. We rarely win there even when we are supposed to. There must be some voodoo that Chucky brought here when he started.

TheCOWDOG

^
    I’m sorry…whaddaya mean, no one? I believe someone even had the margin of victory correct (albeit,21-19.)

That win took 5yrs off my life with The Haitian Voodoo bitch.

If I do it again, this year, it might not be so costly, though.

MdmseLeCroix.Eu, indeed.

Classof89
    Participant

Good grief, people act like Florida State is the second coming of Lombardi’s Packers. Not saying we are going to win, but stranger things have happened in college football.

TheCOWDOG

I predict that we go undercover v. The Blue Hose.

Not gonna play nuthin’ but vanilla on both sides of the ball.

Fans will go into monkey mode. Doeren will be over his head. PA44 will determine that State is 30X worse than Vegas thinks we think they are.

2 weeks out, I predict…I predict…31-27.

Fastback68
    Participant

—- Yes #7. It’s my son’s b-day. FSU = unchecked aggression. It is time to draw a line in the sand, Dude. I see a late field goal by Sha Dynasty for a 45-44 victory. I haven’t been in C-F since 1989. Go Pack!!

Wufpacker
    Participant

I see a late field goal by Sha Dynasty for a 45-44 victory.

I’m not gonna say we absolutely cannot win. But if there are 89 total points scored, we will not win.

tjfoose1
    Participant

If you’re gonna set goals, make ’em simple, clear, and attainable. I like the goals.

As the season progresses, I’m starting to see a way the Wolfpack can defeat FSU.

I agree with CD about our next game. We keep it close to the vest and beat them with vanilla from within our shell. Almost like coiling back a spring.

Why do I think the Wolfpack has a legit shot at defeating FSU?

Jacoby’s leadership
    Jacoby’s accuracy
    Run game
    Wolfpack players believe

plus…
    CF’s voodoo over FSU, and FSU knowing about it
    Jamies Winston’s head – something aint right in there

The defense still has some ground to cover though. But they still have 2 weeks.

tjfoose1
    Participant
    Wufpacker
    Participant

^ Well, at least he knows where he’s supposed to….
    Ummmm, never mind.

But yeah, totally agreed that not all of the electrical connections in his gray matter are wired up correctly.

Texpack
    Participant

There’s just something about Dana Bible calling four yard crossing routes that baffles the FSU defense.

I like the goals. All are attainable, without being slam dunks. DD is looking taller.

bill.onthebeach
    Participant

We’d better hope for a late kickoff..
    Voodoo works best at night…
    along with a BlackOut…

Idk.. on paper it doesn’t look so good…
    but on the field… I suppose anything is possible.

Let’s start with our Defense holding the Noles under 30.
    Add a few key mistakes by the overconfident Dbs of FSU…
    And an injury here or there…
    Plus a no-nonsense bunch of Zebras who don’t like trashtalking and other PDAs…

Then…. get our Oline some confidence up the middle of the field…
    3-4-5 yds at a time… nothing big required.
    ’cause I believe we’ve GOTT the best stable of race horses we’ve had in a long time behind ’em…

Mix in 20 or so passes to the right guy at the right time.

Match ’em TD for TD for three plus quarters…
    Last team to score wins….

Basketball in pads.
    Works for me.
    Go Pack.

#NCSU-North Carolina's #1 FOOTBALL school!
    tjfoose1
    Participant

Plus a no-nonsense bunch of Zebras who don’t like trashtalking and other PDAs…

Did I miss something? Did the ACC get a new commissioner?

Greywolf
    Participant

Not vanilla, Mr.Dog. Base. (It’s like vanilla, but little or no taste and used to make milkshakes.)

If after 3 games testing and tweaking in our base defense and base offense, I’ll be surprised if it’s THAT close. Two 2014 Team Goals require beating FSU to be accomplished. I’ve had suspicions that we weren’t seeing our best shot in any of our games. Frankly I don’t think we saw it after Mitchell went down in 2013. Oh, we tried to win but without a full quiver. We could have tried some stuff we do routinely now but we didn’t. Hmmm? Why not.

Two weeks from now I expect to see our best shot.

Greywolf
    Participant

Did I miss something? Did the ACC get a new commissioner?

Swifty ain’t going to do anything to help FSU. That might be hurting the boys at Brokeback Hill

tjfoose1
    Participant

In his capacity as ACC commissioner, Swifty looks after Swifty first, his boy second, u*nc third, and somewhere down the line after that, the ACC.

An undefeated FSU in the playoff = buckies for Swifty.

Besides, if this is the year the Rip Van Winkle of college football giants finally awakens, they’ll need a dragon to slay.

Then there’s his bitter, spiteful side. Ask Clemson about that.

Fastback68
    Participant

Winston to miss first half of Clemson game for stupidity.

ncsu1987
    Participant

I also like these goals. I’ve borrowed from our HR department when I set project goals for my project managers, in that we try to make them follow the ubiquitous SMART formula: each goal should be Specific, Measurable, Achievable, Relevant and Time-bound. Each one of these goals satisfies those requirements. At the end of the season, it will be very easy to say whether or not the team met each goal.

Some goals should be things that just get done, without a lot of thought, almost “taken for granted”. Goals #1,#2 fit this category. Sometimes you wonder why you say it out loud, it’s so “obvious”. But it’s important to do so, to focus attention on the goals, and to have them front and center during the season.

It’s also important for future individual and program development to have stretch goals. #5 and #7 fit that, to me. #5 simply because of the preponderance of WTF penalties in strange situations last year. Hard to turn that culture on a dime and move that far, that fast.

IMO, by far, the most difficult goal is #7. But, for reasons enumerated above, it’s well within the realm of possibility. We can beat FSU at home, but it’ll take really good execution of a tailored game plan. It’s hard for such a young team to execute to that level with enough consistency to approach such a goal. But it’s achievable.

I like the way this coach thinks.

bill.onthebeach
    Participant

Jamius will be wearing a different color jersey next season…

We should make his last game in Rawlee… shall we say…. memorable ?

#NCSU-North Carolina's #1 FOOTBALL school!
    Wulfpack
    Participant

Not saying I disagree, but it does contradict what he and his dad have said all along.

tjfoose1
    Participant

What color does the state pen use in FL?

Wulfpack
    Participant

That is funny!

Pittsburgh has some of those old throwback pen unis…

ancsu87
    Participant

I also like these goals. I’ve borrowed from our HR department when I set project goals for my project managers, in that we try to make them follow the ubiquitous SMART formula: each goal should be Specific, Measurable, Achievable, Relevant and Time-bound. Each one of these goals satisfies those requirements. At the end of the season, it will be very easy to say whether or not the team met each goal.

Some goals should be things that just get done, without a lot of thought, almost “taken for granted”. Goals #1,#2 fit this category. Sometimes you wonder why you say it out loud, it’s so “obvious”. But it’s important to do so, to focus attention on the goals, and to have them front and center during the season.

It’s also important for future individual and program development to have stretch goals. #5 and #7 fit that, to me. #5 simply because of the preponderance of WTF penalties in strange situations last year. Hard to turn that culture on a dime and move that far, that fast.

IMO, by far, the most difficult goal is #7. But, for reasons enumerated above, it’s well within the realm of possibility. We can beat FSU at home, but it’ll take really good execution of a tailored game plan. It’s hard for such a young team to execute to that level with enough consistency to approach such a goal. But it’s achievable.

I like the way this coach thinks.

Could not have said it better. The first two goals are like your “core EHS values” for running a chemical plant. I LIKE that he sets the core value first. Of course TOB also did that too. For all his faults I did like how he ran the program and I am glad to see that DD is strong in this area also.

Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 26 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.