Reply To: Geno Auriemma: Men’s College Basketball Is “A Joke”

Home Forums All StateFansNation Geno Auriemma: Men’s College Basketball Is “A Joke” Reply To: Geno Auriemma: Men’s College Basketball Is “A Joke”

GoPack83
Participant

“It’s no longer a game of coaching and skill but rather a game of sheer talent.”

First of all, skill and talent are synonyms so I am not sure why you would rather the game be about one than the other, but to each their own. And secondly, if you would look beyond the seed you would see that each of the final four teams has a hall of fame coach, so yeah I would say that coaching still pays a large roll in men’s basketball.

And to your comment about the women’s final four being all #1 seeds, that is simply because the talent pool is not that deep. Mid-majors consistently produce NBA talent in the men’s league because the talent pool is so deep and that just doesn’t happen in womens college basketball.

I know we can all remember the 103-100 NC State – Maryland ACC Tourney game as an example of the non shot clock era but don’t forget about the 14-12 games during that time as well.