Reply To: State’s Season Ends in Sweet 16

Home Forums All StateFansNation State’s Season Ends in Sweet 16 Reply To: State’s Season Ends in Sweet 16

triadwolf
Participant

Proud of the guys hands down. I thought there were some awful calls to start the second half that went against us/for them; they came at a time we could have extended a lead and maybe taken control (the call against Lacey after he was mugged really irked me; and then the no call with Barber down the lane).

That being said we never seemed to be in sync on offense; with a few exceptions the ball didn’t really go into the post and ball movement was lacking. Despite that we were in there until about the 5 min mark after which I thought our shot selection really was poor for the rest of the game.

Would’ve liked to see Barber at his best, but that’s how it goes. I’m sure L’ville’s defense had something to do with it, but I would’ve like to see us go inside a lot more than we did – even if we kicked it back out. I don’t feel like we really made them work down low on defense.

Oh well, it was a good season and hopefully this motivates everyone to work a little harder this off-season. Our potential for more success next year should help deter any potential defections.