Reply To: Shaka Smart #1 candidate at Wake Forest?

Home Forums StateFans Basketball Shaka Smart #1 candidate at Wake Forest? Reply To: Shaka Smart #1 candidate at Wake Forest?

maverick_ncsu
Participant

I have never said that I want to fire GOTT and look for another coach. But I don’t think it’s crazy that many of us see this as his ceiling either. He did do a pretty good job with the youth that we have this year. But not much defense and lack of fundamentals are not something that is likely to change. He has been a head coach for a good amount of time now that it is reasonable to expect the same out of him based on his previous coaching style/abilities.

With that said, I also don’t think it’s crazy to want one of our own (who looks to be an excellent coach – just listen to him interview) back here coaching us as, what we would hope, a lifetime coach. GOTT is not that guy, but Archie could be. I agree that Yow wouldn’t do it, because GOTT was her guy (or at least 5th or 6th guy on the list) and because it goes against the social norm, but I would be most pleased if we could land Archie. Again, I don’t want to fire GOTT and look for another coach. I would be happy to fire GOTT only if it was because we were hiring Archie.