Reply To: NC State Should Go ALL IN as a Football School

Home Forums StateFans Football NC State Should Go ALL IN as a Football School Reply To: NC State Should Go ALL IN as a Football School

ryebread
Participant

Fowler ran it on the cheap, and to his credit that is something ingrained in NC State’s culture.

Let me rephrase “can’t miss” with respect to Archie. A true can’t miss is someone like Izzo. None of those candidates are walking through the door for NC State. It’s not happening. The only “can’t miss” move that I can really remember in basketball over the last 15 years was when Roy left Kansas to go to UNC. He went from one cheating machine to an even bigger one to help enable him. I guess one could argue Calipari to Kentucky (match made in heaven), but it’s only a matter of time until he has them on probation (well if the NCAA even cares any more). I guess one could argue that Pearl was a “hire me and you can’t miss getting into trouble” but that’s a bad attempt at humor.

Archie for NC State though was as good as it was going to get. I think he’ll do very well at Indiana, and for the first time in my lifetime I will be pulling for them (when they’re not playing NC State of course).

Outside of that though, KK was the best candidate that was left on the list that was also expressing interest. I really liked Holtmann and thought he was a way better coach than Ohio State deserved, but I’m not sure he was ever in play for us.