Pack wins in OT by a score of 30-24.
Joe Giglio of the N&O’s ACCNow did a masterful job of gradually adjusting his entries during the game to be the first with a comprehensive blog entry that can be seen here.
Andre Brown’s 10-yard touchdown run in overtime capped the Wolfpack’s comeback and charged life into a program in need of hope after a poor start to the season.
We echo Noah’s comments from below:
Fantastic win. Great game plan, great adjustments by the staff and great execution by the few players left. They kept us in it and kept us in it and in the end, we made fewer mistakes than they did.
No coaching staff is perfect, but today is a great example of the best of O’Brien and his crew. Manage the game, string it out and be in it at the end. It’s not always spectacular, but I will take it all day long.
* Tom O’Brien is now 2-0 vs ECU and Skip Holtz.
* NC State is now 16-10 all-time against East Carolina and has won 3 of the last 4 meetings between the two programs.
* TOB is a combined 3-0 vs ECU and UNC.
* We hope that Chancellor Oblinger and the Board of Trustees have forced Lee Fowler to exit the comfort of his air conditioned luxury suite and be among the masses of fans so that he will have to experience the kind of language and abusive behavior from pissed off ECU fans that the rest of the Wolfpack faithful is having to handle on the walk back to their cars. Since he is the one who wants to play this game so much he should be forced to experience it like the rest of us.
* Russell Wilson! Russell Wilson! Russell Wilson! Russell Wilson!
* We blogged about how well the offensive line played in the entries just before this one. But, we must take a moment to also personally mention the incredible play of George Bryan.
* Coach O’Brien is putting together quite a record of memories in big games at Carter-Finley against rival programs. Last year’s win over UNC-CH and this year’s against ECU are definitely two of the most exciting games played in Carter-Finley’s history.
More to come!!