the worm turns…

Home Forums StateFans Football the worm turns…

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Greywolf
    Participant

We have had our asses whipped by many a team we should have beaten. This year the worm turns.

During a tense moment in our run to the National Championship in ’83, Coach V walked down to coach Esposito, leaned over and said, “Think a good thought, Sam” and returned to his seat. Viola. one of the “miracles of ’83” occurred. Coach V knew what he was doing so I’m going to “think a good thought’: Rookie mistakes will trend toward minimal and freshman and sophomore athleticism will assert itself. The short term result, good tackling. The long term result, good defense.

That’s my story and I’m sticking to it.

Fastback68
    Participant

Did you ever dig that pony out of that —-pile?? If so, what did you name it?? My horse is named GoForAngelDust, which is what I’ll be doing if we don’t go to a bowl game this year. 1/3 of the way there!!

Greywolf
    Participant

Did you ever dig that pony out of that —-pile?? If so, what did you name it?? My horse is named GoForAngelDust, which is what I’ll be doing if we don’t go to a bowl game this year. 1/3 of the way there!!

I hoped to find a couple of ponies in there. I found one I named “Offense.” Still looking. Hope to find his brother, “Defense.”

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.