The Time to take BC

Home Forums All StateFansNation The Time to take BC

Viewing 25 posts - 251 through 275 (of 308 total)
  • Author
    choppack1
    Participant

Boy, these 330 games have turned into some stinkers.

Wake Forest will be coming into Winston on a roll offensively.

bill.onthebeach
    Participant

Tiggers ice the Noles cake…
    Final 31 – 14

Oh well…

Smoke if you got ’em…

We’ll smoke the Deacs next Saturday and put 50 on the CHEATERS to finish 9-3….

POP!!!

#NCSU-North Carolina's #1 FOOTBALL school!
    choppack1
    Participant

Oh yeah, forgot to mention…this game was important / special for another reason….2nd p5 win for DD where we trailed in the 4th quarter.

McCallum
    Participant

Just win baby applies BUT:

1) delay of game penalty costed State 3

2) losing their QB was key because after that they couldn’t move the ball effectively. Running a trick play on your end of the field resulted in a turnover and then 7 points.

That is a 10 point swing where State would have won 20-7. I expected a tough game with 1) playing up there and 2) they had an off week. Tough hill to climb to begin with but the coaching is leaving MUCH to be desired.

This is two weeks in a row of errors costing State two scores.

McCallum

choppack1
    Participant

McCallum – I think we need to accept the fact that gameday coaching decisions will never be a strength with this group.

They Excel at methodical development of talent (minus fg kickers) and pregame prep.

The 5 game conference wins ties both Amato and TOB for their high water mark and has only been reached three times in the last 20 years.

bill.onthebeach
    Participant

OK.. Chop, I’ll bite…

1. ‘Never’, as we all know, is a long time… Coaches gotta learn how to Coach too…

2. Problem with FG kickers, MAY NOT be with development, but with recruiting…

3. Player Development is ALL about finding and focusing each player on his weaknesses and correcting and building the player’s complete gane…

1 + 2 + 3

4. By the end of THIS season, DD will erase CTC and TOB from that line in the record book with SEVEN conference wins, including hanging 50 on the HOLES….

Guess it’s time to click on Miami v. ND… hoping both fall flat on their faces…
    although it might be worth mentioning that that game is at South Beach…
    Cold will not be factor.

On the other hand, Cold Beer might be…
    POP!!!

TheCOWDOG

Time out. Y’all railed on the 52 yard FG attempt, which with dearth of points, was totally the right thing to do. The Bill the Cat got us a 12 yard touchdown with Jsam.

The 46 and 43 on D jammed up the running game in the 2nd half. In game, ain’t that bad.

6 drops from a receiving core that has been more than dependable. That’s not even counting the contested ones.

McCallum
    Participant

Watching on tv is easy. I get that it is too easy for individuals watching to focus on single instances beyond a system of calls designed to expose a weakness.

At some point Dapper Dave had to realize all they had to do was load the box and stop the run. In a game of attrition you play %’s thus the trick play was damn stupid especially based on field position.

This is the same bunch with two weeks to get ready for ND and they got smashed by counters and traps.

McCallum

Greywolf
    Participant

We WILL take it! Needed their QB to get knocked out of the game. But it counts in the W column.

The QB who was knocked out of the game, a freshman, played a quarter and a half without BC scoring. BC scored almost as soon as his replacement, a senior, entered the game.

Only in your imagination did we need help with the win.

choppack1
    Participant

Bill – the jury is still out on the gameday stuff, but, like I said, the strength is, and I suspect will continue to be talent prep.

OtOH – the gameday Stuff is still a growth opportunity for growth.

bill.onthebeach
    Participant

Chop… I get ya…

DD strikes me as a guy who plays long term and doesn’t deviate much…

That said, if there’s a weakness, accordingly, he’ll find it and try to fix it…most likely in the OFF season….

Now remember… I’m a basketball guy where the Head Coach is both the practice coach and the game coach… I never played a down of organized football so I don’t really know and I’m sure that my ‘perspective’ applies to today’s upper D! football…

As far as that goes, I can remember when good QBs called their own plays in the huddle….

For me… IT would be interesting to know exactly who calls the plays and when on both sides of the ball and how…

Moreover, and perhaps more importantly, that doesn’t really matter..

1. If the ‘problem’ is with the OC and DC, then the ‘good’ HC will trade up…
    2. and IF the ‘problem’ is with the HC, sooner or later, the ‘good’ HC will trade up…

The thing here is the ‘timing’ of the thing….

As the old farm boy from Williamson said on that day in Cooperstown…

“To get here… you just gotta know when to take a little off and when to put a little on…”

DD came to us from Northern Bumfuc# … where better players beat better coaches most every game… West Rawlee ain’t Northern Bumfuc#, so he’s gonna learn, one way or the other… good game Coaching will win 2-3 games a year even when you got talent on the field…

That’s really all I’m saying…

====================

In the meantime, CONVICTS 17 — Catholics – ZIP woth 8 minutes left in the 1st half…

Only by the grace of God Almighty does that make sense… unless you understand and agree that convicts and catholics are not mutually exclusive classes or one chooses retribution theology…

Bro Mac can probably enlighten us on that, since he’s a Church man….
    POP!!!

rthomas44
    Participant

Bama is losing…ND is losing…TCU is losing… What is happening?

Greywolf
    Participant

2) losing their QB was key because after that they couldn’t move the ball effectively.

What do you call “moving the ball effectively”? Did you watch the game?

According to the records BC didn’t score with “their QB” before he got hurt. The long run came with the senior replacement as did the second TD.

McCallum
    Participant

The starter looked better than the backup AND the long run was a play where the linebacker read the play wrong and AGAIN there was no safety run support.

Your point Grey?

McCallum

Greywolf
    Participant

The starter looked better than the backup AND the long run was a play where the linebacker read the play wrong and AGAIN there was no safety run support.

Your point Grey?

A little testy there, aren’t you, Mac? Does it bother you to have your point of view challenged?

Your allegation was “convenient” but not necessarily true. “Looking better” and being more effective may not be the same in any given game. I’m sure that the freshman looked better in practice which is why he is the starter. Just being left-handed and rolling to his left gave a different look for the defense.

In this particular game we were prepared for the ‘style’ and tendencies of the right-handed freshman starter but maybe not so much for the style of the left-handed senior. We’ll never know but possibly “where the linebacker read the play wrong and AGAIN there was no safety run support” was partially due to the different look the lefty gave the offense.

McCallum
    Participant

It never bothers me to be challenged.

The irritant is THREE WEEKS OF MAKING THE SAME MISTAKES.

Turnovers, long runs and special team errors. The linebackers have been misreading for three weeks and the safeties have been consistently out of position to support the run.

Those issues lost State the SC and Clempson games, nearly lost the game today and IT IS ON THE COACHES.

McCallum

McCallum
    Participant

And that ain’t “turning the corner”.

McCallum

choppack1
    Participant

I think Ridley for Alabama was on that Stallings’ coaches team that won the national championship

Greywolf
    Participant

We rant and rave about all the mistakes we made giving up 14 points to a team that has been averaging over 40 ppg their previous 3 games. On their field, on their Seniors Day no less. And they had 2 weeks to prepare for us while we had to play number 4 team in the country. Yeah, IT IS ON THE COACHES.

Wulfpack
    Participant

Heck of a win yesterday. Conference championship no longer attainable, but special season still in the works. Win the next two, boys.

McCallum
    Participant

Yeah, IT IS ON THE COACHES.

You got dat right!

McCallum

TheCOWDOG

Well, it’s always on the coaches.
    That’s why Dexter Wright, at safety, came in for Kidd-Glass after Dillion’s rip for 6. LB’s
    were not out of position on that particular play. In fact, Pratt shot the gap to where he almost made the play for a loss…had Kidd-Glass not attempted outside leverage on a TE, Dillon would have been hemmed at the line of scrimmage.

Don’t feel like doing a clinic here. State misses Josh Jones…Period.

Further, on the bonehead execution of the double pass…It should have been checked out of by Finley. It was doomed from the beginning, even if Jsam’s toss was accurate.
    BC had already committed to a strong side blitz. The kids saw it, and further boogered it up.

…But they ballsed up and got it done.

Wake might be better than anyone not named Miami or Clemson.

choppack1
    Participant

Cow – the good news is that the really buckled down after that run. Of course, the ease with which they scored after the to highlights another opportunity for growth. (Handling bad breaks.)

Still, again, I repeat for emphasis- we came back in the 4th – and that’s been rare for this staff.

Cow – great breakdown if the big play. I saw that the play occurred from the gap Pratt could not cover based on the angle he took. I wasn’t sure who had the responsibility for that side.

Regarding the wild cat that got poached…that was diagnosed (as you pointed out) DOA.

Wake is good. They did have the benefit of playing the cuse without dungey. Still the QB Wolford is the classic running / passing threat who gives us trouble. We need to hit him real hard early, even if it’s a bit late (just don’t target)…. I know easier said than done.

TheAliasTroll
    Participant

The QB who was knocked out of the game, a freshman, played a quarter and a half without BC scoring. BC scored almost as soon as his replacement, a senior, entered the game.

Only in your imagination did we need help with the win.

Yeah BC bench warmer was a regular Joe Montana back there. They were on fire once he came in! Yeah baby!

McCallum
    Participant

THECowdog,

Pratt shot the gap but if you commit to the gap then you have to “get there”. The last several long runs the linebackers haven’t gotten there. Multiple times against ND, the classic misread at Clempson and now a repeat at BC.

Am I seeing a trend TCD? Why such aggression from the linebackers at that point of the field with down and distance as they were? Maybe it is inexperience at the linebacker position but if that is the case, especially in instances where a team is committing to the run, where is the safety help?

In reality I’m bored and I want to argue about something and the aforementioned sticks out like a Bible salesman in Carrboro.

McCallum

Viewing 25 posts - 251 through 275 (of 308 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.