Sweet Sixteen Thread

Home Forums StateFans Basketball Sweet Sixteen Thread

Tagged: 

Viewing 25 posts - 26 through 50 (of 89 total)
  • Author
    BJD95
    Keymaster

Quite testy that my decrepit, old cracker ass has to be up past midnight to watch two competitive games. But huzzah for Josh Davis and the undead Steve Fisher.

Adventuroo
    Participant

Couple of points…

Karl or maybe it is King Karl Hess was the ref or one of the zebs in the Dayton Game. The XM announcers were commenting on the preponderance of fouls being called and specifically mentioned KKH….My wife had just commented that it SOUNDED like a KH game.

THEN, right before the half, Dawkins got a T. From another Zeb. The radio guys were upset as they said that he did not do or say anything to get it. However, the TV guys said he wanted it for motivation.

I wondered if he called Mikey and told Mikey to lean on KKH in the second half and cut him some slack. Stanford made their run…but it was not enough. Archie did a great job of coaching.

NOW, watching the second set of games….the OLDER Miller (Sean….son of the KING of HS Coaches) is or looks like he is in trouble….and we, the WP are part of his issues.

Josh Davis….a name from the past or maybe the grave….is on Steve Fisher’s SDSU team. WE played them in 2011 at Columbus and sent them packing. Tonight, they seem hell bent to send Sean back to the desert….barren, that is.

As I type this, SDSU is up by 6 in the second half (40 – 34). Davis (can’t see his minutes) has 6 points and 11 rebounds….so he is contributing.

He played two seasons (after sitting out as a transfer) at Tulane….then used the Graduate Transfer rule to go to SDSU. Steve Fisher (of MSU fame) is doing well….

wufpup76
    Keymaster

… the undead Steve Fisher.

Ouch … but I did think of this:

“Get it together, Aztecs!!!”

bill.onthebeach
    Participant

I am rooting for Dayton, Baylor, UCLA, and SDSU, but I expect that only Baylor will prevail (though the Archies have a legitimate shot).

I wonder if Hess & Company blowing 49 whistles is the reason our man beej…
    is looking at 1-3 tonight… instead of a shutout…

… and some thought we wouldn’t see Hess again after last week… Ha!

#NCSU-North Carolina's #1 FOOTBALL school!
    bill.onthebeach
    Participant

… Roo… with ten minutes or so left in the second half… Davis has played every minute tonight…

BJD95
    Keymaster

I remember two years ago, Thames was an afterthought as a scorer. My, how things have changed.

Wufpacker
    Participant

Aztecs coming unglued.
    Maybe Fisher needs to eat Sean Miller’s brain during the timeout.

Wufpacker
    Participant

No respect for the #1 seed Cavaliers?
    UVa the only higher seed tonight that is a dog (+2) in Vegas.

BJD95
    Keymaster

Here’s my Friday analysis!

Interesting, unexpected matchups early. Tennessee is just the latest in a series of First Four entrants who dispel the myth that the extra game dooms you to an early exit. Michigan is probably a bridge too far for the Vols, though. UConn is much less hatable sans asshat extraordinaire Jim Calhoun, and they are playing very well. Can Iowa State continue to survive and advance without one of their three big guns? Usually, “rallying around the flag” can get you through one game…and that’s it. So as much as I would like to see TN and ISU dance on, I suspect not.

Caffeinate now, because like a gruesome traffic accident, you won’t be able to resist watching Sparty and Wahoowa bludgeon one another. Plus…you get too see true blood hatred and really good basketball when Calipari and Pitino (in my view, 2 of the 5 best college coaches ever) battle in Indy. Can the Shadow Pack keep running?

As a word of explanation, there’s an insane little alternate universe in my head, where the Sidney Lowe era never happened. Instead, Coach Cal is leading NC State on a quest for its 4th national title (while the blues wail and gnash their teeth). I like this little world quite a bit. I also like Calipari victories as a thumb in the eye of the media and the NCAA powers-that-be, who try to make Calipari the cartoon, pro wrestling villain (a role he laughingly endorses) while ignoring the systemic corruption that has propped up “model” programs and brought us complete monkeyshit like the “Carolina Way.” He’s my basketball anti-hero, and I enjoy watching his victories much like Walter White’s.

I think the Cavs and Cats win tonight, and I will be happy for both.

Here’s your music, reminding you of what you (or at least I, with my cold front induced headache) need to stay up for a full night of hoops action (it’s also a wonderfully depressing song):

TheCOWDOG

^
    Love it, Beej. Somethin’ tells me you’ve been holdin’ out, though. Never quite figured you for a peyote guy.

Needless to say, I need an invite.

Pitino over Cal just because of family. What used to be called “match up” zone, is now Derbytown
    “manzone.”

Straight up 1-2-2 with M to M on the weakside. UK frosh to be stymied.

BJD95
    Keymaster

It’s actually on my bucket list to do the “peyote in the desert” vision quest like Tony Soprano. Huzzah. And of course, sharing is caring!

Wufpacker
    Participant

Raftery and Lundquist will be keeping the undead meme going tonight I see.

RaisedByWolves
    Participant

If someone made a Being-John_Malkovich-esque movie about BJD’s mind, I’d go see it.

Wufpacker
    Participant

If someone made a Being-John_Malkovich-esque movie about BJD’s mind, I’d go see it.

Watch “A Clockwork Orange”. It’s about the same difference. 😀

bill.onthebeach
    Participant

.. hey Beej !

If Tennessee beats Michigan tonight, does that mean our RPI goes UP ??

BJD95
    Keymaster

Yes! Another reason to (futilely) cheer for the Vols.

There would never be milk drinking in my mind movie, unless it’s a nightmare sequence.

Poor Cyclones have hit the wall. Tis ok, they hath already done the Lord’s work.

Wufpacker
    Participant

LMAO. MilkPlus….the peyote is built right in (and it’s good for the teeth and bones).

BJD95
    Keymaster

I really do need to watch that movie sober one day. My ex-wife did write a paper on it whilst at State. Fun trivia tidbit.

The critical film study paper I want to write is my theory on Breaking Bad mimicking the larger themes in “Falling Down.”

Wufpacker
    Participant

Incidentally, sideline reporter Allie filling Kristine’s shoes rather well I’d say.

BJD95
    Keymaster

I still can’t believe Kristine didn’t make the regional cut. Even eye candiness aside, she’s MUCH better at her job than the red-headed lady or the Sager weirdo.

NC State shit rubbed off on her too.

Hee hee, “rubbed off.”

Wufpacker
    Participant

Off? Or “out”?

Don’t answer that, I beg of you.

TheCOWDOG

Oh…Oh…Who rubbed Sager?

Wufpacker
    Participant

I think that’s Mrs. Sager’s penance. Poor chick.

BJD95
    Keymaster

Yeah, given his fashion sense he can’t possibly be on the gay team.

Wufpacker
    Participant

Yeah, given his fashion sense he can’t possibly be on the gay team.

LMFAO.

Viewing 25 posts - 26 through 50 (of 89 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.