Non-Wolven College Football (22 November)

Home Forums StateFans Football Non-Wolven College Football (22 November)

Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 49 total)
  • Author
    BJD95
    Keymaster

Non-Wolven is all you gets today. The slate looks pretty unappealing, but the greatest part of having 4-5 games (at minimum) to choose from means SOMETHING will be watchable. And I will be watching, junkie that I am.

Arkansas would be another interesting bowl foe for us, but they need to beat Johnny Reb today or Mizzou on triptophan (sp?) weekend to get eligible.

wufpup76
    Keymaster

Haha, Bjd beat me to an open post … hope you don’t mind, sir, if I add a few items!

Pack football gets to lie in wait for the visit to the Cheats next weekend, when we’ll all be on the tryptophan hangover (I googled tryptophan – I thought you had spelled it correctly!). Here’s a decent viewers’ guide / tv listings for today’s action: http://www.cbssports.com/collegefootball/eye-on-college-football/24826506/the-saturday-meal-plan-your-week-13-tv-viewers-guide

Shamelessly going off-topic – recap of Friday’s bball action: http://www.cbssports.com/collegebasketball/eye-on-college-basketball/24827239/night-court-jonathan-holmes-pushes-texas-to-2k-classic-title

ACC bball scores from Friday: http://www.cbssports.com/collegebasketball/scoreboard/ACC/20141121

If you check the recap listed above, you’ll see that ‘Clemsoning’ applies to basketball as well. Tigers allowed a 3 from Gardner-Webb to tie late, couldn’t in-bounds the ball out of their last time-out, and promptly called a time-out they didn’t have. Gardner-Webb player sinks the free-throws and down goes Clemson. Ouch. Brownell will likely be feeling plenty of heat this season unless things turn around quickly / in league play.

Also from Friday, Pittsburgh lost @ Hawai’i 74-70 on their way to the Maui Invitational. Hawaii is probably not going to have the greatest season, so this loss could be costly to the Panthers. Fortunately for them, they play in the Maui Invitational this season as opposed to having their first 15 games of the season at home against RPI 300+ teams – as is usually the case for Pitt.

In a match-up of two upcoming Pack opponents, BC lead West Virginia by 11 at the half, but the Mountaineers rallied for a 4-point win, 70-66 in the Puerto Rico tip-off.

Danny Manning and Wake Forest are on a two game slide after losing at home to pretty decent Iona squad, 85-81.

Today’s action includes Davidson @ Cheats at 2pm and Duke taking on favorite son Johnny Dawkins and Stanford around 9:30pm in the Coaches vs. Cancer classic.

Enjoy the football and basketball everyone!

Wufpacker
    Participant

Lotsa duds today as the bulk of the SEC plays its late creampuff slate, and everybody else mostly sucks.
    I’m thinking it’s a good day for yardwork, at least until the 3:30 window.
    But at least when the day is over, we’ll know who sucks more….Michigan or Maryland.

Wulfpack
    Participant

Brownell will likely be feeling plenty of heat this season unless things turn around quickly / in league play.

Not that I disagree that he shouldn’t, but Clemson gave him a a 6 year extension last year. So probably not happening.

Wulfpack
    Participant

Mississippi/Arkansas and Mizzou/Tennessee ought to be good games. And watch out for Okie State/Baylor.

Wufpacker
    Participant

CGD just showed the combined efforts of both the Harvard and Yale a capella singing folkses. I couldn’t help but to make the observation that there were probably a wicked high number of wedgies in those guys’ collective past.

BJD95
    Keymaster

WHY ARE YOU GUYS NOT WATCHING EVERTON?

/the English Premier League soccer Pack

redcanine
    Participant

Denzel the Spy is on FX. He got game, too.

BJD95
    Keymaster

I’m still trying to process Bill Cosby being all rapey.

redcanine
    Participant

Who wants some Jello Pudding???

Wolfanatic
    Participant

Comrade, I have just finished my re-education, and I was wondering if it is acceptable to enjoy a quality potato vodka (bootleg, of course) while watching this Everton, or may one only consume the Party-rationed beet vodka? tia..

BJD95
    Keymaster

Comrade, I have just finished my re-education, and I was wondering if it is acceptable to enjoy a quality potato vodka (bootleg, of course) while watching this Everton, or may one only consume the Party-rationed beet vodka? tia..

Because of great comradeship shown during GLORIOUS re-education, bootleg potato vodka ok.

Wolfanatic
    Participant

^ Wonderful news..I shall bring some to my comrades at the shovel-sharpening barn where they are watching, I’m sure.

BJD95
    Keymaster

tOSU sucks out loud.

bill.onthebeach
    Participant

Bored…

#NCSU-North Carolina's #1 FOOTBALL school!
    Wolfanatic
    Participant

tOSU sucks out loud.

Indeed, a Hoosier victory, while doubtful, would make my day….The first half is not helping OSU’s feeble argument. Herbie is probably crying like a wuss…

BJD95
    Keymaster

Wake and VPI are setting back football at least 70 years. The State/South Cakalaky hurricane game had better offense than this.

If I wasn’t cooking a turkey breast (Thanksgiving practice!) I would take a nap.

pakfanistan
    Participant

Wake and VPI are setting back football at least 70 years.

That’s being kind. I just watched two Wake defenders obliterate each other head on.

Wolfanatic
    Participant

Hoosiers jump on top 20-14 with 90 yard TD run…

BJD95
    Keymaster

Hoosiers jump on top 20-14 with 90 yard TD run…

Let’s do this thing, 34-point underdog!!

pakfanistan
    Participant

Has a football game ever ended in a scoreless tie?

That’s what I’m rooting for here with Wake/VT.

BJD95
    Keymaster

Might go into quadruple OT before somebody wins 3-0.

Big Ten-ish refs gift Buckeyes with go-ahead score, ignoring blatant block in the back on punt return.

pakfanistan
    Participant

Oh, OK, I see the college OT rules indicates it goes on until someone wins.

Now I’m rooting for octuple overtime. I want this thing to be like a cricket match, and go on for three days.

BJD95
    Keymaster

For those not watching this epic shitshow…there is no weather issue. Bright sunshine, not that cold in W-S. No significant wind. Just all-out suckage.

pakfanistan
    Participant

This is enough to make the baby Jesus colicky.

I’m watching at this point out of morbid curiosity.

It’s a slo-mo train wreck.

Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 49 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.