Let the recruiting gates open – Reggie Gallaspy come on down!

Home Forums All StateFansNation Let the recruiting gates open – Reggie Gallaspy come on down!

Viewing 24 posts - 1 through 24 (of 24 total)
  • Author
    StateFans
    Keymaster

I’ve got a feeling about The next 24 to 72 hours. It would not surprise me in the least bit to see Dave Doeren and Company round out #Pack15 with some
    [See the full post at: Let the recruiting gates open – Reggie Gallaspy come on down!]

PapaJohn
    Participant

Don’t know what is in the queue, but would love to see some exceptional defensive talent signed at pretty much all positions. (a lot to ask of one recruiting class, I know) But the one thing we can offer the goods ones is plenty of playing time next year on the defensive side of the ball.

“We think this commitment is going to start a wave of commits that we are all going to love with a couple more coming tonight/tomorrow.”

Hope you are right!

cWOhLFrPAiCKs
    Participant

Watching the hightlights, he kinda reminds me of Marshawn Lynch, in that he has a great stutter step to freeze defenders and is looking for contact downfield. Looks like a great addition to #Pack15

Ransom
    Participant

Never seen him but for that highlight vid above. Reminds me of Emmitt Smith.

Greywolf
    Participant

About his recruitment, “I’m looking for a team that I’m comfortable with that’s family-oriented,” Gallaspy said, “where I can spend three or four years and be comfortable on campus, off campus, in the classroom, outside the classroom.”

Oh, and I thought he would come because he might get to go to a mid-level bowl next year.

Gallaspy just ran for 354 yards and 4 TDs on Friday night and 1600 yards in half a season so far. What does he have to do to be a ***** rated back, be the top producer in the concession stands while he plays? I guess the competition must not be too great, eh?

There are some other great prospects at the game:
    http://www.statefansnation.com/forums/topic/recruiting-look-whos-going-to-be-at-the-fsu-game/

pakfanistan
    Participant

There were also some bball recruits at the game, including Brandon Ingram.

Pack85EE
    Participant

My son has been watching Reggie all season. Maybe he is 4 star based on last year. Coming into the season he was one of the best in Guilford county. Supposely he worked with a trainer (the type that develops atheletes, not the everyday variety) through the summer. He is more explosive and faster this year. He is now arguably the best footballer in Guilford county. Beyond that is someone else’s call.
    This is a great get.
    The paper this morning talked about how it was a local boy from Page HS who made the tackle on Jacoby that caused the fumble in the 2nd half and got FSU their first lead. These are the kids we need to keep in state, and at State.
    Hopefully Doren will win increasingly more battles for the best in state, every year.

wolfmanpackattack
    Participant

Gallaspy reminds me of Marcus Dupree.

phillypacker
    Participant

Incredible leg drive. Stutter step is poison.

justin_barkley
    Participant

Do we have any updated news on the Roseboro situation with Michigan? What about McGirt? I have heard that McGirt wants to become a vet which puts us in a great position to get him, and I have heard that Roseboro doesn’t like where the UM football program is headed at all. Have heard that one and/or the other could commit to us as soon as Tuesday. anybody know anything further?

OwenDorm83
    Participant

Roseboro’s Lincolnton team plays against East Lincoln and Chazz Surratt 16 target this weekend. Hope they are eventually teammates in Raleigh

Ransom
    Participant

Good call on Dupree. Built like him. Lacks the Sooner’s speed. Reminded me of ES due to vision, moves and balance in tight spaces…and not a burner.

phillypacker
    Participant

Brady Hoke’s dangerous level of incompetence in dealing with that QB’s possible concussion should make every Michigan player and recruit worry about their safety.

Greywolf
    Participant
    PackerInRussia
    Participant

^Nice link. But who is this “NCST” that they speak of? 🙂

tjfoose1
    Participant

What does he have to do to be a ***** rated back

He’s “too slow”, just like they said of Emmitt.

packbackr04
    Participant

Gallaspy is the prototypical Wisconsin back which should fit Doeren and Canadas system very well.

Gowolves
    Participant

^ So you are saying he is a poor man’s Ron Dayne?

MISTA WOLF
    Participant

If he is a poor mans Ron Dayne I’ll take it!!!

inhoc…
    Participant

Not that stars matter overall, but where is this guy listed a 4 star? Rivals, scout, 247 and ESPN all have him as a 3 star. Again, doesn’t really matter just curious why he’s reported as a 4 star in the article?

Great pick up. Hopefully more follow suit.

Prof_Turby
    Participant

Roseboro decommitted according to NC Preps today. He was in Raleigh Saturday. He would be a hugh get for us.

PackofMac
    Participant

It almost feels as if it’s been too much time since Sat. I hope this forecasted “wave” didn’t fizzle out like the breakers on wrightsville beach.

justin_barkley
    Participant

Reggie Gallaspy ran for 277 and 6 TDs tonight on 16 carries… can you say efficiency? This guy isn’t listed as a four star right now, but there’s no doubt in my mind that he will get upgraded very soon.

YogiNC
    Participant

That’s over 17 YPC, and 2.66 carries per touchdown. Dayumn! The guy is a beast or they were playing St. Swithuns High. I saw Herschel Walker do that same thing in high school in just over 2.5 quarters. Just sayin’. He could wind up breaking TA’s NC high school record of 7 in a game. TA still owns the national record of 178 in a career, not sure how far away RG is from that.

Smarter than the average bear

Viewing 24 posts - 1 through 24 (of 24 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.