It's Time for Basketball

Home Forums StateFans Basketball It's Time for Basketball

Viewing 8 posts - 26 through 33 (of 33 total)
  • Author
    Since74
    Participant

If he plays like he played his first game here he’ll be fine. Waited all year for that Dez to show up again.

Whiteshoes67
    Participant

Lots of talk about improved defense and commitment to improvement on that end. There may be more pieces in place, but I need to see it to believe it. Don’t have to be spectacular but a top 50 defense could really help Gott and crew over the hump if they can maintain their consistent play on offense.

BJD95
    Keymaster

I have no idea why the NCAA keeps up this stupid pretense of secrecy for these scrimmages.

The same root reason they keep up the pretenses of integrity, fairness, and equality.

I’d be worried about anyone 7+ years old who still believes in that more so than if they still believed in the tooth fairy.

BJD95
    Keymaster

I believe this team can be very good. Defense doesn’t usually slump as much, so we will have a higher baseline. Then, when we get hot shooting-wise, we should be pretty unstoppable.

In any event, I know I like watching Hipster Cat and ALMKH play ball. They will be team leaders now.

Gowolves
    Participant

Beej, I have that same optimism. This team is a lot more mature at every position. I think our transition game will be the best its been since Gott has been here. ALMKH knows that if gets out on breaks he will get feed a healthy dose of dunks and easy buckets. I am really excited to have a group of freshman we don’t have to rely on. Let them grow without the pressure to carry a team with crazy expectations. I think this team will surprise a lot of people. Nobody here but the national blow hards. Let’s hope there are no chemistry issues or “beefs” with other teammates boiling under the surface.

tjfoose1
    Participant

Fwiw: Kevin Ollie on Rodney Purvis

http://www.sbnation.com/college-basketball/2014/10/28/6994593/college-basketball-top-100-players-2014-jahlil-okafor-stanley-johnson

My Ferrari is now out of the garage. Rodney Purvis. Now I can drive my red Ferrari and I can’t wait. He’s a wonderful young man. I don’t know how long we’re going to have him because, you know, our guys, they go to the NBA real, real quick. They develop quickly. He is a great, great young man. He’s going to come out and play the right way, a little bit of point guard, a little of two guard. He’s excited, I’m excited for him. You’re going to see him, you’re going to love him.

redisgood
    Participant

Kevin Ollie is a very smart man. He recognizes his Ferrari is a high maintenance vehicle, so he is doing a little preventative maintenance before the season begins. RP likes his ego stroked, so Ollie figures what the hell, why not if it makes him play better.

StateMan
    Participant

Ryan Harrow made the list. It seems ages ago that he was at State.

Viewing 8 posts - 26 through 33 (of 33 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.