Florida State open game thread

Home Forums All StateFansNation Florida State open game thread

Viewing 24 posts - 376 through 399 (of 399 total)
  • Author
    TheCOWDOG

Anyway, the dropsies didn’t caust us the game. It was the fact that DD and staff are completely over their heads. Silly boys, thinking they belong in real D1 competition.

Fastback68
    Participant

Gallesby commits!!

Rick
    Keymaster

First time foose had ever agreed with me. I must be right.
    I like the idea of ‘is someone goes out with an injury they sit out eight downs’

Rick
    Keymaster

Thinking about it. That would lead to the other team sending in scrubs to ‘get hurt’

Tau837
    Participant

So, Rick, you would have wanted Brissett to sit out 8 downs after he got hurt?

Greywolf
    Participant

Just got in from the game. I agree with Mr. DOG, Doeren definitely in over his head. And Canada? Well he should stick to Mid-majors. 😉

Rick
    Keymaster

Tau,
    Details. Details

mak4dpak
    Participant

We hung with an obviously more talented FSU, and put a scare in them, and had our chances. So I ain’t throwing DD under the bus. Oddsmakers gave us no chance at all, and getting a blowout loss. Guess we proved that wrong. Offense was very good, and defense needs to improve, and leave Buckley on the bench, for defense. Winston burned him everytime he was in the game. Even he knew he was liability.

YogiNC
    Participant

fastback, that’s Reggie Gallaspy!!!
    Hopefully a few more of the big fish will jump in the boat!

Smarter than the average bear

tjfoose1
    Participant

Yep, CD and I agree once again. Since Doeren likes the area so much, maybe he’ll be able to catch on as an assistant at Athens Drive. Once Yow catches on, that is.

tjfoose1
    Participant

Anyway, the dropsies didn’t caust us the game. It was the fact that DD and staff are completely over their heads. Silly boys, thinking they belong in real D1 competition.

Yep, just like in basketball. The team had plenty of opportunities to win. It’s their own damn fault, the bunch of losers. If they had scored a TD on every possession and not allowed FSU to get a single first down, they win easy.

Really hope DD will be able to catch on as an assistant at Athens Drive once Yow wises up.

tjfoose1
    Participant

First time foose had ever agreed with me. I must be right.

Uh oh. I hadn’t read the previous posts before my first. We agreed somewhere on something? But hey, even a blind squirrel is right twice a day. 🙂

PackFamily
    Participant

Greywolf, you can’t be serious.
    Oh wait, you’re not

redcanine
    Participant

Ive put my body through hell the last couple of days, with the Ryder Cup and football and all. We got Gallaspy in the end,so it was worth it. I’m proud!

Shad? The guy was a bull.

Fastback68
    Participant

Yogi, fat fingers or spellcheck because even I know it’s spelled with an a, for — kicker I presume!! Did FSU recruit Samuels because they mauled him twice when the pass was going to him. Apparently, mauling is ok with the refs. Play that way on offense and improve defense and GoForAngelDust sheds summer coat and grows a much darker winter jacket. Go Pack!!

YogiNC
    Participant

I think swoff made the call to the refs during one of those play reviews early in the second quarter telling them that the ACC couldn’t have an FSU debacle in The Carter AGAIN and to put the brakes on what was happening. For sure I saw tons of holding and such every time FSU had the ball after a certain point in the second quarter. I hate to bring up conspiracy theories once again but … it sure seems like we get the short end of the stick with the refs quite often. On a positive note I haven’t seen the ACC’s worst ref not named Hess, Ron Cherry, this year so that is a plus.

Smarter than the average bear

Greywolf
    Participant

the plays we have for our running game are stupid

Yeah, Real stupid. Before we played the number 1 team in the country, we were only rushing for about 250 yards per game with these stupid plays.

wufpup76
    Keymaster

… For sure I saw tons of holding and such every time FSU had the ball after a certain point in the second quarter. …

Coach seems to agree with you: http://www.cbssports.com/collegefootball/writer/jon-solomon/24727292/college-football-rewind-what-we-know-and-dont-know-this-season

Quote of the Week II

“There was some unbelievable holding by their offensive line that apparently is invisible.”

— N.C. State coach Dave Doeren about Florida State’s offensive line in a remark that will presumably draw a fine from the ACC.

I also liked how Coach didn’t shy away from throwing the fake ‘injuries’ term out there during the presser.

Adventuroo
    Participant

If I need to get up a State Sunday Rally event, there still may be time. Some would call it a Sordid Sunday, but their voices are few and getting weaker.

I was there, save 30 seconds of so when my DW & Daughter texted to break tradition and LEAVE W/O singing the Alma Mater as they wanted my GS and me to meet them for a later dinner.

One of the folks in our section seems to have good “Sunday morning coaching instincts” and called a BUNCH of the plays before they materialized and also pointed out the deficiencies in both State and FSU. SO, I was watching as well as listening to his comments.

Bottom line….we came out and “hit them first” as my old HS FB coach used to say. We had FUN….right up until mid second quarter. I had also listened to a bit of the pre-game and the comments were that Winston would be off somewhat until the second half. NOW, he could have been 100% on the first snap…but odds were…he would take a little time to get back his rhythm. as the “off field” stuff was in his head and he had not seen competition in two weeks and only got a half in then…and it was NOT real….just the powder puff variety.

SO, we shocked FSU….and they responded…and we kept coming back. Finally, they woke up. Now, I do NOT really think that Swoff intervened… Generally, there seemed to the STATE fans that FSU got the Ref Advantage (which is usually reserved for the Home Crowd). So, we were maybe half a man short.

I was proud of the Pack. Now, did I moan a little when we made some obvious mistakes? YES. But you have got to compliment the team. Generally, with the talent that they have and the experience, they gave it their all and played several notches BETTER than most of the professional “opinionators” prognostications.

Second, I was pleased with the Bench Calls or our strategy. OK, not all of it worked. Was that because we WERE playing the number ONE team in the nation? They SURE did not look that most of the first half. Was it because THEY did not take us seriously? If so, then RanttheChantNation’s BB should be calling for Jimbo’s head. Who KNOWS, but it was NOT a TOB game…

I also listened to Coach D’s Presser. Every time I hear him there, I am more impressed. He does NOT shy away from making comments about certain matters…and he give credit to what we did right and where we need to improve.

This man WILL win us many more games….and will be sought after for higher paying/status jobs.

It was a great game and a thrilling experience. The CF Crowd was as loud and also as interactive as I can remember…and that goes back a LONG, LONG way.

Kudo’s to the Team, the Coaches/Staff AND to the Fans. We got a much deserved ATTABOY from Coach D on that one…and this is from the man that chewed us out for NOT being in our seats for the 2nd half last year.

GO PACK.

Greywolf
    Participant

and this is from the man that chewed us out for NOT being in our seats for the 2nd half last year.

He most certainly did NOT chew us out for not being in our seats for the 2nd half. He DID tell us the team needed our support and requested we be in our seats at the beginning of the 3rd Qtr. IIRC After he was informed about the heat and sun and older fan’s situation he acknowledged the risk.

Adventuroo, you seem like a good State fan and I don’t think you would intentionally misrepresent what Coach Doeren said. So before you regurgitate crap others have made up, please check your facts. Granted it was reported on SFN that he chewed our asses out, but SFN corrected that and IIRC then reported what he actually said.

Let’s give the man a break, Okay? He coached at Wisconsin, Northern Illinois and other places where the sun and heat are not factors and keep fans out of their seats. Imagine seeing the half-empty seats on the east side when he came out for the second half the first time. That must have been a shock. It’s notable that he was in the shade and couldn’t see behind him the full west side seats also in the shade.

Hell, I hope as fans we DO realize the value of having fans supporting the team at the beginning of the second half when the opps come out firing, trying to grab the momentum. We need to be there for the team in all the games, not just the No. 1 team in the country.

I’m just glad he didn’t know half the missing were in the parking lots getting drunk. -;)

Adventuroo
    Participant

OK,

Grey….I must have struck a nerve with my generality. Here is what he said…

http://www.newsobserver.com/2013/09/02/3158941/nc-state-coach-to-fans-get-in.html

I thought it was a bit inappropriate (MY OPINION) to make the fans comment after his FIRST game at CF. Having said that, I am on the WEST side….for a LOT of reasons. I have also sat for 2 – 4 hours in the front row of the East Side of CF waiting for a concert to start in the late afternoon summer sun. Even when it cools down, the heat sink factor of the concrete STILL radiates heat.

I also, if you follow my rants, have NEVER, EVER said one other disparaging thing about Coach D.

SO, YES, I think that I am a loyal NCSU fan….as will my checkbook and credit cards. In addition, RED is my wardrobe. Even the license plate on my wife’s new RED Caddy is NCSU personalized and I have two S-plates and another Personalized WOLF vanity plate.

I think we agree….as to the in and out policy….why bother. I watched a young lady that was very well endowed stuff 6 mini bottles into her bra (3 on each side) at a neighboring tail gate on Saturday. He BF (hubby? whatever), reached over and pulled up the neckline of her top and looked down and in and said….you got room for more….we will bring MORE next time.

As to Coach D’s comments, it seemed a little bit paradoxical at the Military Appreciation Game, which was right after the opener, that the PA Announcer told the fans to STAY IN THEIR SEATS during halftime. SOME folks DO have to go potty if they consume a lot of liquid (with no or high alcohol content) and they must leave. SO, to specifically encourage staying in the stands at half and then expecting a full seated crowd for the second half kick-off seemed to be a bit opposite. I DID make that comment to the Administration….and it was noted with a polite response….

tjfoose1
    Participant

Adventuroo, where were you sitting?

Greywolf
    Participant

Adventuroo, where were you sitting?

Never mind where he was sitting, it’s where he was tailgating that I want to know. 😉

I watched a young lady that was very well endowed stuff 6 mini bottles into her bra (3 on each side) at a neighboring tail gate on Saturday.

Greywolf
    Participant

As to Coach D’s comments, it seemed a little bit paradoxical at the Military Appreciation Game, which was right after the opener, that the PA Announcer told the fans to STAY IN THEIR SEATS during halftime.

Do I need to point out that the PA is not Doeren? I think he is the worst PA in the world BTW.

Here’s what he said copied from the N&O article you cited:
    (Giglio’s introductory paraphrasing omitted since it wasn’t quoting what Doeren said)
    “The passion that our fan base has, we need them to be in the seats in the third and fourth quarter to be a great team,” Doeren said on Monday at his weekly news conference.
    “You win big games in the third and fourth quarter. It’s great to start fast with a big crowd but it’s better to finish with one. That’s an advantage that we need to gain.”

Kudo’s to the Team, the Coaches/Staff AND to the Fans. We got a much deserved ATTABOY from Coach D on that one…and this is from the man that chewed us out for NOT being in our seats for the 2nd half last year.

What Doeren said is straight talk and direct but to say this is chewing the fans out? I don’t think so.

Here’s the headline for the story, “NC State coach to fans: Stay in your seats for 2nd half” I’m sure I don’t have to tell you that Headlines are written by Headline writers, not the authors of the articles.

Let’s agree to disagree. You say letting fans know they are wanted and needed in their seats is chewing them out. I say it’s straight talk – one mature adult to another. I like his straight talk in all matters.

Viewing 24 posts - 376 through 399 (of 399 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.