#7 NC STATE vs #2 SYRACUSE Preview (ACC Tournament Edition)

Home Forums All StateFansNation #7 NC STATE vs #2 SYRACUSE Preview (ACC Tournament Edition)

Viewing 17 posts - 276 through 292 (of 292 total)
  • Author
    TheAliasTroll
    Participant

best player on the floor VS best team on the floor along with their coach of the year blowing folks out every turn of the season… yeah I’m not as confident as you are.

We have a better chance of taking out Duke than taking out Clemson and then UVA.

hpack
    Participant

If we somehow find our way to the finals, we’ll win!

Wulfpack
    Participant

I don’t have much confidence in taking out Duke. We’ll see tomorrow, it looks.

MrPlywood
    Participant

Upon further review of the Yakety Sax vid, Grant did State a favor by trying to make a statement on the follow dunk. That was very makeable, then they are down 1 with 18 seconds to go. But I’ll take the banked 3 and the botched dunk followed by 5 wild threes. Credit to State for the good defense and not fouling on that sequence, credit to the refs for not “seeing” a foul.

Big ups to the Vandwagon, he played huge today. Only 1 block was credited but he altered more than that.

Texpack
    Participant

Vandy made TWO non-dunk field goals!

JeremyH
    Participant

Lunardi has us as “next 4 out”. I have to think that gives us *some* chance with no additional wins

BJD95
    Keymaster

I’m cool with MG in a tourney setting. This is 3 ACCT semifinals in 3 tries, yes? Our guys’ body language is good. We have turned our maybe 2-3% chance of dancing into maybe 15-20%. That’s pretty good work.

Yes, a win over Duke gets us in. The difference between us and the MAXIMUM 7-10 (I think we are “last 4 out” personally) bubble denizens “in front” is paper thin. Beating Duke sets us apart (4th Top 50 win, 2nd Top 25), nobody else but Providence has even a shot at doing something comparable.

If we lose, we can argue about whether we are a 1 or 2 seed in the NIT.

JeremyH
    Participant

So who gets to guard Parker? : )
    Why is Duke always in our way? Its typically us trying to get in and them jockeying for seeding, with them having more rest. (By them I’m lumping UNC and Duke together : ) Its unfortunate this last one isn’t quite enough yet.

BJD95
    Keymaster

I think we have to put Le Nard on Parker, and play him heavy minutes.

wufpup76
    Keymaster

So who gets to guard Parker?

^I’d honestly stick Des on him and immediately double any of his post-ups.

Limit their transition, limit their easy looks, rebound the ball, make them execute half court offense and hit contested jumpers that are not in flow of the offense. Easier said than done, for sure.

It’d be nice to be able to attack them in transition and get some foul calls, but who am I kidding with that? When’s the last time anyone won a ref battle with Duke? 🙂

BJD95
    Keymaster

We could also just have KH eat him during pregame warmups.

Vandy has had his two best games of 2014 back-to-back. Never would have believed it, just an astounding turn around. Like the switch Hipster Cat flips after halftime of late…

wufpup76
    Keymaster

I think we have to put Le Nard on Parker, and play him heavy minutes.

This, too. My thinking with Des is to limit his perimeter looks and mitigate drives, then contain him in the post.

wufpup76
    Keymaster

^^Barber has been sensational the last four games.

JeremyH
    Participant

^ I seem to only remember the ball handling gaffes that drive me crazy. But yes he is good on D.

JeremyH
    Participant

I feel like we need to find a way to rest Warren in the first half. This is where it can start catching up with him.

Fastback68
    Participant

TJ Warren is like a piece of iron. 40 minutes and keep on going.

BJD95
    Keymaster

Hipster Cat had one sloppy sequence when he was tired. Otherwise, he was fantastic in the second half.

I am 99% sure that the play with 40 seconds left was called during the timeout. It was a good idea, we expected them to be surprised and commit a foul, at bare minimum.

Viewing 17 posts - 276 through 292 (of 292 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.