2014 ACC Baseball Tournament

Home Forums All StateFansNation 2014 ACC Baseball Tournament

Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 135 total)
  • Author
    Wufpacker
    Participant

The ACC Baseball Tournament gets underway on Tuesday at Greensboro’s NewBridge Bank Park, and Wolfpack Baseball (32-22, 13-17 ACC) will be there. Havi
    [See the full post at: 2014 ACC Baseball Tournament]

Pack78
    Participant

^CAT PIC! The Cheats are toast!

elvislives
    Participant

If only the baseball team would have changed their hat design, perhaps there would have been more interest in the game tomorrow. Looking forward to Carlos getting a chance to pitch the Pack into Pool Play against the Holes.

Wufpacker
    Participant

BJD95
    Keymaster

Working from home so I can see the season end all live and shit.

nav
    Participant

^Never change BJD, never change. lol.

Mike
    Participant

Throwing it out there, no pun intended – but does Carlos pitch today on 3 days rest?

Avent has already said no. But he also said that last year in CWS and Carlos basically told him he was pitching.

IF you rest Carlos today, there may be no tomorrow. IF you rest Carlos today and we do advance, when does he pitch again? If he pitches Weds (against FSU), would be 3 days rest for Sunday championship. If he goes Thursday, no chance for Sunday.

Or, would you pitch him today, knowing he could come back Sunday for the championship on normal rest?

Tough decision but I think today is do or die, and the ace needs to be on the hill. No chance planning for tomorrow if there is no tomorrow. Interested in thoughts and opinions.

nav
    Participant

I would pitch Carlos as a reliever in the 8th or 9th to close out the game if its close. Keep his pitch count very low in order to bring him back on Thursday or Friday to start.

Saying that, I’m no baseball expert by far. Very casual fan here.

BJD95
    Keymaster

I would NOT start Rodon today. Without him against FSU, we have very little chance. Without beating FSU, we have also no shot to make the final.

I WOULD then start Rodon on short rest in the final, if we get there. Assuming he feels up to it. Winning a final would be too big an opportunity to pass up. But winning today means nothing if we don’t advance out of our pool.

Mike
    Participant

That is the tough Q BJD – really need to win against FSU on Weds to have any chance. But if you dont make Weds……….

BJD95
    Keymaster

I think the mental math gives us better odds of winning the tourney if we save Rodon for tomorrow. Of course, you’re probably talking about a fraction of 1% in either instance.

Mike
    Participant

Haha, BJD, what is wrong with you? Do I sense some optimism? You are giving us a fraction of 1% but that is still more than normal 🙂

Agreed our chances are slim either way so I am almost preferring to stomp some Heel tail today. I would rather win today and go 0-3 than lose today to those cheaters.

BJD95
    Keymaster

Names of actual Hole starters:

Landon, Skye, Tyler, Parks, and Wood.

You couldn’t script it any douchier.

BJD95
    Keymaster

Mike – ha! I suppose I am saving the bulk of my pessimistic energy for my personal life. Sometimes it’s hard to balance one’s allocation.

Wufpacker
    Participant

Nice start.

Early and often, please.

Wufpacker
    Participant

Dunno if that’s reviewable, but they are supposed to be utilizing replay at the tourney.

BJD95
    Keymaster

Swoffy Cabal alert – no TV replay shown until the league office could confirm that he did stay on the base.

BJD95
    Keymaster

Creepy stache, Carlos. Registered sex offender creepy.

Wufpacker
    Participant

LMAO

Wufpacker
    Participant

Hopefully Eric Peterson can keep doing that for a few more innings.

tjfoose1
    Participant

I liked the 1st inning better.

BJD95
    Keymaster

The hot chick in the TJ Graham lasik surgery commercial is my eye doctor!

Wufpacker
    Participant

Well shit.

tjfoose1
    Participant

No HD?

BJD95
    Keymaster

My feed (TWC 318) is HD.

Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 135 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.