Technician blasts fans over ref bashing

Home Forums StateFans Basketball Technician blasts fans over ref bashing

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    the_phisherman
    Participant

The same Technician that couldn’t bother to produce the Daily Tar Hell takes the fans to task for the ref bashing

http://www.technicianonline.com/sports/article_718055e4-a035-11e3-9306-001a4bcf6878.html

bill.onthebeach
    Participant

From Winston Hall… we GOTT this…

GRADE: A+ / C-

That’s likely not what State fans want to hear, but that’s reality. It’s about time this fan base has a done of reality anyway– they’ve been out of touch with it for far too long .

There’s a misspelled word in the last sentence…
    “done” we believe should be “dose”…

We Are NCSTATE.

:>}

#NCSU-North Carolina's #1 FOOTBALL school!
    tjfoose1
    Participant

Sad. I’m not talking about their position, but the quality of the writing and how they go about making their argument. Linear, shallow thinking, thimble deep analysis. To respond would be like debating a 4th grader.

Though I did not see it myself, I’m not saying it did not happen. So I do agree with their statement:

And for State fans to be throwing debris on the court at the end of the game is simply unacceptable.

I would note, however, one should avoid starting a sentence with “And” in formal writing, and should never begin a paragraph with it. The article is a published editorial in a tri-weekly publication, no?

bill.onthebeach
    Participant

^Agreed…

Proper writing skills may well be a lost craft.
    Is anybody surprised that there wasn’t a “WTF” or “SMH” or something like this “did u get dat?’ included….

Nevertheless… sometimes it pays for the ‘adults’ to listen to the ‘kids’… they might just learn something.

As far as ‘persuasive writing’ goes… maybe we can get Ric to work directly with these guys…. He does seem to have a passion for that.

#NCSU-North Carolina's #1 FOOTBALL school!
    Rick
    Keymaster

As far as ‘persuasive writing’ goes… maybe we can get Ric to work directly with these guys…. He does seem to have a passion for that.

I have never been one to give in when I feel I am in the right, especially if I can back what I say with something other than my opinion. My writing style was steel hardened in thecrucible that was the Herb wars. I even coined the term ” The Weave and Heave™” as an omage to the worst offense ever installed at the collegiate level.

redcanine
    Participant

How could the editors have allowed such a trollsome article in the University journal?

It takes two: one to come up with the idea, and someone else to approve it. Just like a terrible television advertisement or Hollywood flop, someone with decision making responsibilities signed off on it.

“Michael Jackson could’ve done the moonwalk down that lane and scored with no trouble.” Okay, this is corny AND wrong.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.