So this site is offically done, huh?

Home Forums All StateFansNation So this site is offically done, huh?

This topic contains 18 replies, has 12 voices, and was last updated by  StateRed44 1 day, 15 hours ago.

Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)
  • Author

Tau837
    Participant

No post before or after first football game. Site done. Right?

Very disappointing if so.

TheAliasTroll
    Participant

Tau, fyi nearly all the regulars have moved to a different site.

44rules
    Participant

Yep, many are at the new site: https://www.packfansnation.com/

Even some old-timers who dropped this site a while back have shown up.

Communism is not love. Communism is a hammer which we use to crush the enemy. Mao Zedong

McCallum
    Participant

Like a door nail.

Maybe the head fag can give out lectures on hate speech and liability.

Stick it.

Peace out

McCallum

Tau837
    Participant

I know, I have been there. I was just hoping that this site might not actually be dead. It was my favorite State site for years.

pakfanistan
    Participant

I know, I have been there. I was just hoping that this site might not actually be dead. It was my favorite State site for years.

It’s all the same people minus the blog posts and politics.

Think of it as just a different URL and forum skin.

PackofMac
    Participant

Too many went against the grain here, the glorified group text moved to another site so not to be intruded on…wait, it’s a public site too….DAMNIT!!!!!!!!!!!!

Fastback68
    Participant

Same people, different results. Ummmkay. Wait till the younger target demographic gets hit with “I’m going to rip your head off and ——- down your throat”. A real classic. I’d rather talk to myself than read that garbage. The bathroom thread was stellar as well. Sure is busy for a dead site. If you want to know what killed SFN, roll the body over and pick out your own bullet hole or stab wound.

JimValvano
    Participant

Too many went against the grain here, the glorified group text moved to another site so not to be intruded on…wait, it’s a public site too….DAMNIT!!!!!!!!!!!!

I couldn’t agree more. I’ve been coming to SFN since Sendek left town. So, I witnessed the search and all the plane tracking that ensued.

I haven’t posted in a lonnng time though and it’s largely been because I’m not in the secret society with all the old codgers on here that speak in some type of ancient code. They all “know” each other, and that’s cool, but they make us guys on the fringes feel unwelcome.

People apparently don’t like political undertones but I think, together, we can Make SFN Great Again.

TheAliasTroll
    Participant

Appreciate the feedback, fellas, even if I have to get it over here. I’m actually part of what’s been described over there as the “under-40-‘me generation’-know-nothing-IT/Engineers” group so I get it. In fact, I actually think that comment may have been aimed directly at me and not literally everyone under 40 (at least I hope so) because there is a tiny faction who are upset I’ve began moderating politics out of the forum.

There’s also been one disgruntled user (see above) who is furious that we moderate posts to remove epithets at PFN. *shrugs*

I’m learning as I go over there, but I’m going to continue doing what I believe is right for the greater good of the new site, and a few folks toes are inevitably going to get stepped on in the process.

JimValvano, sorry you felt unwelcome.. I’ve been going out of my way at the new site to try and welcome everyone that joins. New and young blood posters are definitely wanted and welcome!

If you do happen to stop by just leave your politics at the door.

McCallum
    Participant

The more you try to control it, the more people will hit the road. It is damn funny, akin to how State College is so tone deaf in dealing with the fan base.

So some epithets are to be banned, others not do much…..my oh my how you’ve already created that which you dislike. So I knifed skinny jean wearing homos and you took a stand, shrug.

I’m not furious. This is a silly message board after all and I’ve a number of things to do from clipping my toe nails to scribbling on bathroom walls across the southeast.

Good luck with the lifeless banter of statistics, what ifs and bad parking.

Adios,

McCallum

TheAliasTroll
    Participant

People who are offended (how ironic) that we don’t allow racial and homophobic epithets I would encourage to hit the road.

McCallum
    Participant

If you do happen to stop by just leave your politics at the door.

Like the 2nd Who farewell tour but I couldn’t stopping laughing!!!

Well said pot and hey….you can’t offend me. You can fail to be humorous and you’ve done that.

Adios 2,

McCallum

TheAliasTroll
    Participant

This thread is a perfect example of how lack of moderation leads small fraction of the user base to derail threads into a steaming pile of sh!t.

I’ve said my piece.. I’ll yield back to the disgruntled fellow and let him have the last word and any final personal attack(s)!

You all have a great Sunday.

🙂

ryebread
    Participant

This thread is an example of why the site is dead. It’s dead because we have:
    – A blog based side with no blog content
    – Outdated forums that aren’t actively moderated.
    – The site has gone down a couple of times and taken quite a bit of time to come back up. It’s not really “owned” now.

At PFN, there blogs, but at least have an active forum and a supported site. That’s a good thing.

BBQ Sauce
    Participant

I’ve been through WolfChat where we bi**hed about Mike O’Cain and Les Robinson on a daily basis to Rancho De Nada (aka AccBoards.com) where politics was discussed so much, they had to create a separate board for that subject.
    One thing about that board though was that it wasn’t moderated for very much except for flaming and profanity, otherwise, people said what they wanted.

StateRed44
    Participant

If it’s a safe space, no thanks.

Becton901
    Participant

JV,
    I have been reading this site for years, and have posted a few times, only to be ignored by
    the ‘in-crowd’. So, I just continued reading only.

If there are others that are in the same boat, maybe we could generate enough
    posts and interest to keep it going for a while.

Anybody have time to start a thread about the next game?

Also, a few weeks ago, I noticed a thread on the UNx site asking for new pictures of Kenan.
    Somebody posted a pic taken during the Wilmington massacre of 1898, in which the namesake of
    Kenan stadium was included. It is suspected that his group murdered a bunch of black citizens. The post was
    only up for a short time before they deleted it. It was very amusing to read the responses
    while it was still there. I think it is just a bit hypocritical of them to remove Silent Sam but ignore
    who Kenan Stadium is named for.

StateRed44
    Participant

At one point this site had the best information of anywhere. It is perplexing and I don’t know why everyone left other than yeah, it eventually had that group text feel.

As far as political banter goes, it’s no secret that the alumni fan base probably leans right or at the very least libertarian. I’ve noticed most of these sites have content produced by or are run by the wannabe journalist/writer types and even in the sports world you guessed it, they are left of center. There is naturally going to be conflict there.

In this era we don’t appear to even understand the other side and unfortunately decency has gone out the window from the tippy top down. It’s a blood sport because money and power are at stake. When I think about it it’s kind of astonishing that the façade of decency was held on to for as long as it was in this country. Well, it appears to have dissolved now.

Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.