It’s a busy day for Wolfpack basketball. The women’s team, led by first year coach Kellie Harper, will take on Duke in the ACC Championship from the Greensboro Coliseum at 1 p.m. The game will be broadcast on Fox Sports Net.
The men’s team wraps up its season this afternoon against Boston College at 2 p.m. in the RBC Center. The game is on Raycom. Although Miami’s loss to FSU Saturday putting the Pack firmly into 11th place regardless of what happens today, NC State still has a chance to beat BC and head into the ACC tournament on a positive note.
This is the spot to post your thoughts about both games as they happen. I’ll be at the RBC Center to cover the men’s game so I’ll have Twitter updates and info beginning around 2 p.m. For coverage of the women’s game check out FSN and follow Technician Sports on Twitter. Those guys did a great job with game updates yesterday during the women’s win over Boston College.
Here’s some quick hitters on Wolfpack women’s basketball from GoPack.
• NC State is 5-2 against Duke in the ACC Tournament; Won last meeting 70-65 (3/3/07)
• This is NC State’s 14th appearance in the ACC Tournament finals (4-9 record in title games)
• NC State won titles in 1980, 1985, 1987 and 1991; Lost to Duke in finals in 2001 and 2007
• The Wolfpack is now 39-28 all-time in ACC Tournament; 11-10 record in Greensboro
• No. 6 seed has never won the ACC Tournament; Pack is just second six-seed to make it to title game
• No first-year head coach has ever won the ACC Tournament
• NC State is allowing only 56.7 points per game in the ACC Tournament
• NC State ACC Tournament record set this week: nine 3-pointers against Virginia; 94.4% FTs vs. BC
• Bonae Holston and Nikitta Gartrell are each averaging 15.7 ppg in ACC Tournament
• NC State has won 20 games three of the last four seasons and 22 times overall
• The Wolfpack is 18-5 this year when allowing less than 70 points
• The Wolfpack have knocked off two ranked opponents this week (No. 22 Georgia Tech, No. 24 Virginia)
• RPI rankings according to collegerpi.com – NC State 36, Duke 5 (Thru games of 3/5)
• The Wolfpack’s strength of schedule is ranked 23rd in the country according to collegerpi.com