* N.C. State running back Andre Brown has been cleared to play at Wake Forest, the Wolfpack announced on Friday afternoon.
* S6 spoke with Old Gold Blog in this entry that will help prep you for the game.
* Speaking of the game – Wake Forest has scored NINE non-offensive touchdowns in ten games this season. I don’t know if NC State has scored nine non-offensive touchdowns in our last 40 games.
* Last year’s State-Wake game was decided by three field goals of 50 yards or more by Wake’s Sam Swank on a day that John Deraney struggled for the Wolfpack. The final score fittingly was 25-23 during the Wolfpack’s 2-year run of failing to score 24 points. It is always a little interesting to got back and review the game entries from past games; This link will take you to last year’s entry.
* Interestingly, State has scored more than 24 points in three of our last four wins. There is an awful lot of magic in that number.
* I would like to thank 850TheBuzz for dealing with an issue that I have watched develop this week as typical Carolina fans have continued to prove that they simply cannot grasp the game and rules of football. Of course, this ‘distinction’ puts Tarheel fans in the same boat as good old Steve Martin and Doc Walker who also didn’t know the rule while broadcasting the game on Saturday. So sad.
The inbox has been flooded with “Hakeem Nicks had a touchdown” emails. Folks, I understand that the ground can’t cause a fumble. It’s all well and good, but the Nicks non-touchdown was not a fumble, it’s an incomplete pass. It’s in the rules.
SITUATION: Receiver A85 is airborne in the end zone and possesses a pass but while airborne is hit by a defender, which causes A85 to fall to the ground. Immediately upon hitting the ground, the ball comes loose.
RULING: Incomplete pass. An airborne receiver contacted before completing all the requirements of a catch must still maintain control of the ball after hitting the ground.
* Please allow us to say something that you rarely will hear from us, GO DUKE!