Prior to last night’s game, Jeff blogged an entry presenting the possibility that the Pack might be in a special situation to knock off the Tarheels. Just because the Wolfpack failed to capitalize on this opportunity doesn’t mean that the table wasn’t completely set for NC State win.
Let’s look at all of the things that went in NC State’s favor last night:
- No Rashad McCants
- NC State completely controlled the tempo
- NC State shot a blistering 44% from behind the arc
- Julius Hodge (entering the game below 20% from 3) goes 4 for 5 from deep, missing only a desperation heave
- Much better offensive rebounding then expected
- Sean May outscored Jordan Collins by one point
- Home court
- Sense of urgency
Given all of that, the best we could do was a ten point loss to add to our previous beating in Chapel Hill. That is almost too depressing for words.