Your “something something Thomas Jefferson something something” UVa Open Thread

Home Forums All StateFansNation Your “something something Thomas Jefferson something something” UVa Open Thread

Viewing 25 posts - 51 through 75 (of 175 total)
  • Author
    bill.onthebeach
    Participant

One would think that it would be too hot in the PNC for a suitcoat and a vest…

we won’t miss the light blue shirts on the bench either….

#NCSU-North Carolina's #1 FOOTBALL school!
    TheAliasTroll
    Participant

Stepped away for a few minutes and come back to see we’re getting pounded. Again. I don’t foresee us coming back from double digit deficit against this UVA team.

Pounded on our home court.. since we’re playing with “house money” or “lame ducking it”, whichever you prefer, we should let the scout team get some burns for a while.

Wufpacker
    Participant

“Underneath the weather”

Well, that’s one way to say it, Doris.

BJD95
    Keymaster

Wahoowa has been consistently scoring 41 per GAME. Against us, they may hit it by halftime…

bill.onthebeach
    Participant

Some GUY for the Hoos having a career day shooting in the PNC….

What else is new?

Heelh8r
    Participant

Charlottesville surely must suffer from lack of quality men’s hair stylists.

Extra points for variety and imagination though

tractor57
    Participant

For today I’m done.

bill.onthebeach
    Participant

Halftime….

Smoke if you GOTT ’em…

Too early to start POP!!!_ing, don’t ya’ll think?

Wolfanatic
    Participant

Oh Allison, I’m looking at you…

Wufpacker
    Participant

Well, we were down 3-4 earlier when I went to mix a drink.
    Came back and we were down double digits.

I’ve not paid a lot of attention since then. But I am about to get another drink.

TheAliasTroll
    Participant

My thinking is it was always to much the DSJ show – very talented but the problem is its all me” Hope Gott gets a portion of his NBA earnings.

Well, that’s how he’s always played and been very successful doing so against HS competition. It’s a very different game when you step up to college. It’s something that absolutely should have been corrected by the coaching staff back in November/December. But, alas, we’re still seeing DSJ trying to do too much and I don’t even think it’s an issue identified by our current staff.

Wolfanatic
    Participant

State doesn’t do “One and Done” too well…

gso packbacker
    Participant

Watching from Seattle today. The upside of watching this from here is that I don’t have to feel like I have wasted any of my quality afternoon time.

BJD95
    Keymaster

Halftime….

Smoke if you GOTT ’em…

Nay. I just had my first neck pill. Something’s gotta get me through this 2nd half, eh??

TheAliasTroll
    Participant

Halftime….

Smoke if you GOTT ’em…

Hell to the naw, it’s the weekend, son.

BJD95
    Keymaster

My thinking is it was always to much the DSJ show – very talented but the problem is its all me” Hope Gott gets a portion of his NBA earnings.

Well, that’s how he’s always played and been very successful doing so against HS competition. It’s a very different game when you step up to college. It’s something that absolutely should have been corrected by the coaching staff back in November/December. But, alas, we’re still seeing DSJ trying to do too much and I don’t even think it’s an issue identified by our current staff.

If he had been successfully integrated into the team, it could have been really special. Oh, to have some actual coaching.

Wufpacker
    Participant

But, alas, we’re still seeing DSJ trying to do too much and I don’t even think it’s an issue identified by our current staff.

I don’t think recognition is necessarily an issue…this was the plan I think. I won’t second guess it per se, but it didn’t work out too well.

BJD95
    Keymaster

To the extent we ever had anything ever remotely resembling a “plan” Wuf is likely correct.

TheAliasTroll
    Participant

If he had been successfully integrated into the team, it could have been really special. Oh, to have some actual coaching.

100% agree. If anything, taking the leash entirely off of the kid seems it has actually been the game plan all along. It worked out okay with TJ Warren who I’m guessing had a higher BB IQ than DSJ at this stage.

EDIT:

I don’t think recognition is necessarily an issue…this was the plan I think.

We’re on the same page!

BJD95
    Keymaster

So now this Nazi-looking SOB is gonna rip us apart the second half, huh??

BJD95
    Keymaster

100% agree. If anything, taking the leash entirely off of the kid seems it has actually been the game plan all along. It worked out okay with TJ Warren who I’m guessing had a higher BB IQ than DSJ at this stage.

Agreed. Buckets was one of the smartest basketballers we had in a long, long time. It’s a lot of responsibility to give to a freshman.

TheAliasTroll
    Participant

The problem is that “the DSJ show” clearly is not working and we needed to adjust a LONG time ago.

BJD95
    Keymaster

Also, Buckets had EARNED that right. His teammates were happy for him to take over and go “beast mode.” It couldn’t be seen as something that was just given away.

Heelh8r
    Participant

It’s easy to say now, but I always did feel uneasy when GOTT declared him the best player in the country before he ever played a game

BJD95
    Keymaster

HippoSWAT!!

Viewing 25 posts - 51 through 75 (of 175 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.