Your “Show of Hands…Who’s Still Here?” U*NC Game Thread

Home Forums All StateFansNation Your “Show of Hands…Who’s Still Here?” U*NC Game Thread

Viewing 25 posts - 251 through 275 (of 302 total)
  • Author
    WolfWiz11
    Participant

Look at the regression on this squad…Only a couple players have improved offensively over the year and all have regressed defensively.

This is an absolute train wreck of epic proportions.

This is a microcosm of Gott’s tenure at State. Abu is exactly the same player who came in three years ago.

BJD95
    Keymaster

do it tonight, let beejay player-coach

Best idea I’ve heard!! The whole team loves him, and you know the crowd would LOVE IT. The legend of KH can only grow!!

BJD95
    Keymaster

Look at the regression on this squad…Only a couple players have improved offensively over the year and all have regressed defensively.

This is a microcosm of Gott’s tenure at State. Abu is exactly the same player who came in three years ago.

Now, that’s not fair. He’s a much better free throw shooter.

JeremyH
    Participant

I think Dan Bonner wants the job.

Wulfpack
    Participant

We’ve won 3 conference games. Our arch rival beat us by 51 and now by 24 on our home court.

That’s an average of 37.5, and not sitting too well with DY right about now.

JeremyH
    Participant

London Perrentes is a baller

WolfWiz11
    Participant

Dude, we were really picked to finish 6th in the ACC this year? Gawd, this is worse than 2012. If Yow doesn’t act tomorrow, she truly is clueless.

JeremyH
    Participant

I don’t really see UVA or Duke making the elite eight, ND maybe.

TheAliasTroll
    Participant

Yeah.. I’m gonna go ahead and advise DSJ to sit out rest of the season.

pakfanistan
    Participant

Dude, we were really picked to finish 6th in the ACC this year? Gawd, this is worse than 2012. If Yow doesn’t act tomorrow, she truly is clueless.

DUDE I WONDER IF SHES EVEN NOTICED WERE NOTE WINNING GAMES

WolfWiz11
    Participant

Now, that’s not fair. He’s a much better free throw shooter.

My apologies, sir. I stand corrected. On that note, Beejay did have a pretty sick pass. Maybe DSJ should shut it down now and let Anya run point.

JeremyH
    Participant

Does anyone know the answer to this– is Jason Kidd black?

StateRed44
    Participant

Does anyone know the answer to this– is Jason Kidd black?

it depends on how he feels at this point

66pack
    Participant

The one who brought us Gott will get us someone just before she retires.

Adventuroo
    Participant

Luke DeCock suggests that “Gottfried deserves action and NOT left dangling…”.

http://www.newsobserver.com/sports/spt-columns-blogs/luke-decock/article133028424.html

I really did NOT think that Gottfried would be “Relieved of Command”, but it appears he does not have any “COMMAND” left.

I guess we will see….but I suspect that fans might be booing him on Saturday, but you NEVER know.

If anyone has any REAL info or insight….it would be interesting.

Mikey did NOT look happy (or very spry) tonight even with the win at UVA. He looks like he is in pain.

mak4dpak
    Participant

And the Mark Gottfried farewell tour continues. RIP?Mark Gottfried!

MrPlywood
    Participant

If he’s gone, this is silly. I’m on the Coach Anya train.

etab4u
    Participant

Damn! There was a game tonight? Missed it Oh well, how did Bethune-Cookman do?

McCallum
    Participant

A few points of order:

1) nobody took my bet. I was handing out $50 and nobody took a bite. Some yo-yo put all sorts of stipulations on it but my bets are straight up or down.

2) Mitches Tavern took Budweiser off tap over 15 years ago, went craft beer/ flavored beer bullish.it & I believe it has been serving vegan dishes for a long time. It doesn’t get less mannish than the aforementioned items, might as we put one in the mouth until the swelling goes down.

3) State did lose by less than HALF of what they did in chapel hill so lover boy has improved.

All I needed this year was the 10 minutes I watched at Illinois.

And a last point, lover boy should have been fired last month in chapel hill.

McCallum

PackofMac
    Participant

I snorted REAL beer, Bud Light out of my nose when Reese Davis from ESPN mentioned that exact thing McCallum……”The good news for NC State is they did lose by less that half of what they did in chapel hill, the bad news is they lost by 51 there”. Crafty my friend, very crafty.

Rick
    Keymaster

DUDE I WONDER IF SHES EVEN NOTICED WERE NOTE WINNING GAMES

Why are you being an ass to him? He did nothing to you

packbackr04
    Participant

any word on a firing or resignation today?

Khan
    Participant

This team is just not very good at basketball.

Adventuroo
    Participant

Khan,

This team is just not very good at basketball.

The results would lead one to that conclusion, however, some of the OTHER ACC coaches, OTR, have said that NCSU, with its talent, should have easily been in the top 5 (ACC) and have no issues getting into the tournament.

I would suggest the following rephrase….

This team is just not very good at basketball due to the lack of coaching.

Last night’s game, as well as the entire season, has repeatedly shown that the team has talent, however, there has been NO effort, from the coaching staff, at playing defense. We are as bad on D as we were in the first of the season.

Bobby Lutz may not have been the Defensive Guru that sometimes he is made out to be, but we obviously don’t even have any semblance of having a defense now…and Lutz’s departure was a Coach G decision and his replacement(s) were not hired for their DEFENSIVE acumen.

That is my take…and I really feel like the coaches have let down the team as well as the fans and it is time for a change.

JeremyH
    Participant

fully expecting to see the headline this morning.. is there really anything left to do?

Viewing 25 posts - 251 through 275 (of 302 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.