Your “Closing Ranks” Notre Dame Open Thread

Home Forums All StateFansNation Your “Closing Ranks” Notre Dame Open Thread

Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 113 total)
  • Author
    Wufpacker
    Participant

OK folks.  It was leaked.  It was confirmed. Change is coming, but not until after the season. Oh, and you can go ahead and plan on hearing this sort
    [See the full post at: Your “Closing Ranks” Notre Dame Open Thread]

tractor57
    Participant

I’ll not criticize the timing of the announcement until I have some history on it. Maybe it was the thing to do or maybe not. I think we all knew Gott would not be back for the next season. I’m willing to let this play out. Let the talking heads explode with rancor.

eas
    Participant

I think we beat ND today because that’s just what we do. I hope no boo birds are there for Gott. It’s a done deal and we are going to move on. Show him respect for what he has done and give him a hand. I’m glad he’s not moving forward with us but I am appreciative of his efforts.

Adventuroo
    Participant

This pretty well sums up where we are headed. I feel much better (and that took a lot) after reading this.

Debbie Yow will not let us down. We tend to forget all the GW noise during our last search and the fact that Shaka’s wife was the wildcard and killed the deal. BTW, he is now 9 (out of 10 in the Big12) this year….and was supposed to be Number 2, according to ONE pre-season press poll….only behind Kansas. SO, all in all, I think we were, for the first 4 years, better off with Gottfried.

Here is an interview that really defines the lady and her approach.

https://ncstate.rivals.com/news/q-a-debbie-yow-exclusively-breaks-down-coaching-search

In some cases, she is a “Trump” personality with more polish and savvy….

If we keep it closer than 10 points today, that will be a real victory for the team….and also maybe to Gottfried. Just a whole lot TOO LATE…

If we win 2 of the last 5, it will really surprise me….but if he pulls a Jimmy V and motivates them and they do well….wonder if we could salvage an NIT and WOULD WE TAKE IT?

Chew on that one for a while…Let the ND game begin. Mike Brey is a K underling….so maybe we can use the magic that we used on Capel to frustrate and befuddle them….they escaped recently and will probably come out like the GS Warriors and set NEW records for the PNC…lets HOPE NOT…

Anybody that bets on this game probably would bet on an instant replay….

bill.onthebeach
    Participant

The only way, I think, we’ll hear the boo-birds today is if the kids play selfish and lackadaisical …

Regardless of all our faults, real and imagined, that’s just NOT who State Fans are.

Now, Coach has borne the brunt of this season’s sh#tstorm…
    BUT these kids still GOTT something to prove to themselves…

SO maybe, just maybe….

GO PACK!!!

#NCSU-North Carolina's #1 FOOTBALL school!
    Fastback68
    Participant

Brey’s son is the new football coach at AK high school which was a ghost town yesterday when graffiti listed a school shooting for 2/17. We live in a strange world. Gott playing the role of honorable John Fox and I appreciate it. Wish the Pack had indoor hurricane winds for this one. Another football time slot.

bill.onthebeach
    Participant

How does a 6’5″ center (B. Colson – ND) average 10.5 rebounds a game ???

ANYA, Abu and Y7 want to know….

stay tuned guys, your lesson is getting ready to start…

bill.onthebeach
    Participant

Eanes, Hull and Simpson is stripes in the PNC this afternoon….

Fastback68
    Participant

Anya laughing at gotts pre game speech.

BJD95
    Keymaster

ESPN showed MG’s pre-game talk. It was very, very weird.

We look exactly the same as we have been.

Wufpacker
    Participant

No energy.
    Not surprising.

tractor57
    Participant

I hope DSJ leaves – I’m not in the habit of calling out players but he needs to go.

Wufpacker
    Participant

OK, I was really hoping that Gott firing (and the weirdness of it in general) wouldn’t be the storyline today.
    Should have known better.

McCallum
    Participant

I think we beat ND today because that’s just what we do.

You moved up from Elmers to stronger stuff.

McCallum

bill.onthebeach
    Participant

ain’t gonna happen, but…. I hope Mr. Smith sticks around and learns how to play basketball and point guard…

BJD95
    Keymaster

DSJ isn’t the problem. DSJ having no rules applied to him is probably about 40-50% of the problem, or at least the most obvious manifestation of the problem.

BJD95
    Keymaster

Hicks showing why he ain’t played much.

BJD95
    Keymaster

Two nice plays in a row by Tall Atsur.

BJD95
    Keymaster

Make it three!

/enjoys talking to self

Fastback68
    Participant

The obligatory half court pass/to.

tractor57
    Participant

DSJ needs to go for both him and for the team.

BJD95
    Keymaster

Doris Burke rightly points out Irish look tired/off to excuse their only being up 6.

Fastback68
    Participant

Set for life with guaranteed money if indeed drafted high in 1st round.

Adventuroo
    Participant

Today’s storyline, per the ESPN Fraternity (even the female’s) is POOR OLE GOTT….he was DONE WRONG….

Notice that Gottfried is wearing his light blue shirt. Half or more of the “suits” on our bench have light blue shirts.

No offense to my old “index”, it is telling that none of our coaches really “got it”. Lutz was the only one…and where is he now?

Texpack
    Participant

Yank that effing b**** off the air!

Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 113 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.