Your “Bounceback Road Win…Hopefully” BC Game Thread

Home Forums All StateFansNation Your “Bounceback Road Win…Hopefully” BC Game Thread

Viewing 25 posts - 176 through 200 (of 231 total)
  • Author
    MISTA WOLF
    Participant

I wish Kevin Keatts would come on over from UNCW and coach our boys.

bill.onthebeach
    Participant

WS67 — ah… the proverbial question, especially for the ‘I-WantItMyWay’ generation…

Do you try to make the kids fit your system or try to the make a new system that fits your kids???

Either way you go… you know you’ve GOTT to do that before the first game, not midseason, and you’ve GOTT to live or die with your decisions…

That ain’t my circus, Judge, and them ain’t my monkeys… Ask Dr. Spock…

#NCSU-North Carolina's #1 FOOTBALL school!
    bill.onthebeach
    Participant

Some folks say “we have talent”…

Would / could some of ya’ll, that have more time these days than I do, please go back and provide a definitive summary with some references and citations — some evidence — of how WE ALL, including yours truly, arrived at exactly the same conclusions with respect to the truth and veracity of this statement.

Honestly, I’m really thinking we’ve been bullsh$$ted….
    not that there’s anything new ’bout ‘dat….

pakfanistan
    Participant

fine

Wulfpack
    Participant

We are not who we (at least some of us) thought we were. This is a bad basketball team.

WolfWiz11
    Participant

Gottfried said we got better tonight and that the kids played hard. Bahahahahahahaha!!!

What? Fire him NOW! Where else can someone make apologist statements like that?!

wolfmanmat
    Participant

Yep. We always looks tired and it’s not just BJ. He did have his hands on his hips 1 minute 30 seconds into the 2nd half which is unacceptable but smith looked gassed the whole game too. Someone get a conditioning coach and a new head coach and we would be ok.

McCallum
    Participant

I watched Hoosiers tonight. And read a good book. And worked on making a baby. Try it.

I told you, bravo!!!

Excellent three step process, just keep your breathing up in the 3rd.

McCallum

*I said they’d lose to BC weeks ago.

Rick
    Keymaster

This is worse than even I thought it would be. Gott doesn’t seem to care any more. That heart problem changed his priorities. Maybe he’s chasing more strange, who knows but this is a dumster fire and we have no hope for relief any time soon. Yow has screwed us.
    I am guessing you will see an exodus of Biblical proportions at the end of this year. Both players and assistants.

WolfWiz11
    Participant

This is worse than even I thought it would be. Gott doesn’t seem to care any more. That heart problem changed his priorities. Maybe he’s chasing more strange, who knows but this is a dumster fire and we have no hope for relief any time soon. Yow has screwed us.
    I am guessing you will see an exodus of Biblical proportions at the end of this year. Both players and assistants.

I don’t think it’s about him not caring. I think he does care. But he’s lost without a paddle as an ACC coach right now. There’s no denying we have Top 6 ACC talent. We just constantly get out-coached. He needs to change his offense. And we need someone who can teach our guys defense. And to someone’s earlier point about the NBA hopefuls and how that affects their teammates–why is it that Cal, K, Ol Roy, Pitino, Boeheim, hell, Bray, are able to reign in their “superstars” and make them play within the team? Besides, our WHOLE team constantly looks lost, whether it’s on defense or offense. Go watch an ND game. Those boys all know what they are supposed to be doing, at all times. And they’ve only been in this league for like, what, 4 years?? Of course, Bray is a better coach than Gott. But WHY is he a better coach? How can Gott get THERE? How can WE improve our chances of winning some worthwhile hardware?

WTNY
    Participant

Changing coaches stinks.

On average it’s 3 years before you are competitive. But with who we will lose – DSJ, Henderson, Abu, Anya, Y7, plus at least two transfers, what’s the difference.

It is time.

Rick
    Keymaster

Apparently Gott went off when told fans would not see this game as improvement. He thinks this team has improved and said “they are young”. Sigh.
    Gott is done in Raleigh, its just a matter of how long we wait and in what shape the team is in when he leaves. Yow sucks.

bill.onthebeach
    Participant

OK… coaches…

Look at your kids and answer a few questions…
    Write your answers down as you go….

1. Who you GOTT that when you tell them to go get us a basket, you can count on him to get that basket more times than not?

2. Who you GOTT that when you tell them to go get us a rebound, you can count on him to get that rebound more times than not?

2. Who you GOTT that when you tell them to go get us a stop, you can count on them to get that stop more times than not? And you can count on somebody else to stop the ballhandler’s first option?

Look at your answers…

Now do you see your problem?

A little parsing going on with respect to “Team Improvement”….

On the one hand… I guess we can say that the BC game, regardless of the outcome, was an “improvement” over the DumpInTheHole fiasco last Saturday.

On the other hand, when we look back nine weeks to first games of this season, if there’s “Improvement”, it’s hardly visible to the untrained eye.

——————–

Perhaps, the one “bright spot” that gives some hope last night was…

Markel Johnson played 26 minutes at Point Guard– only Smith and Henderson played more.

I like this kid’s all around game on both ends and his attitude and leadership!

The other side of the coin here, as I pointed out last night, is we’re halfway thru the season and still have not locked into the right combinations of starters and bench guys.

VaWolf82
    Keymaster

Some folks say “we have talent”…

but… I don’t know…
    I guess it depends on how you define “talent”….

Ain’t that the truth!

BassPacker
    Participant

“Stop going, stop caring, stop giving”

Bravo McCallum !!

Rick
    Keymaster

botb,
    I am not sure hose are fair questions. I don’t think the players are put in a good position to accomplish those tasks.

StateRed44
    Participant

I’m not sure playing Markell over Dorn is going to win us games, if both are playing at their peak. I guess he’s trying to juggle lineups. Dorn’s case seems emblematic of how a guy comes in looking good and now looks lost. Its gotta be coaching. Yurtseven is lost, Kapita is lost. Even Smith is not playing correctly. Abu? He should never leave a 5 ft radius of the basket. Go on down the line. Only BJ does what he is supposed to consistently and he can’t run down the court 2x in a row.

bill.onthebeach
    Participant

Chicken or Egg?

7 out of 9 kids getting significant minutes are essentially 1st year players…
    with these, they need to grow and prove themselves…

it’s clear now… they didn’t bring much in this department from high school that works with at the college level night after night…
    the occasional flashes of brilliance are more than offset by the lack of fundamentals…

Fundamentals are not built in days or weeks, even by the “best coaches”…

with the other 2, they are way past that stage… only BJ, with his physical limitations, has shown the desire, determination and will and then only on occasion…

Chicken or Egg
    Chicken AND Egg.

bill.onthebeach
    Participant

Rick… come on now…

not in a “good position” sounds to me a little bit like “I can’t do this because …”…

It’s a live basketball game… Coach tells you to get the Rebound…
    It don’t matter what the situation or position you’re in, man to man, zone, double team, your opposite is 5” taller than you, you have 4 fouls…

Do you want that rebound or not?
    Do you find a way to get that rebound or not?

Same with baskets, steals, stops….

Rick
    Keymaster

botb,
    It is chicken or egg but there have been many different players and many different assistants under Gott and they all have had the same problems so I look at the one constant.
    If the coach places importance on rebounding, then the players are going to rebound (see State, Michigan).
    We don’t have a system that will allow the players to succeed.
    Just my humble opinion.

Khan
    Participant

“We’re getting better” is the NC State version of fake news. We are not.

Gottfried is incapable. It’s just that simple.

bill.onthebeach
    Participant

Rick, et al….

I prefer… “This Dog don’t hunt.”
    the Dog being the Chicken AND the Egg…

BUT I’m going hold off on that for one more game…

IF we go down THREE games in a row… this season is over, baring a true miracle.

Tau837
    Participant

We are not who we (at least some of us) thought we were. This is a bad basketball team.

Sadly, I agree. The only silver lining about how this season is going right now is that it is going to make the decision about Gott pretty easy if it continues.

Tau837
    Participant

with who we will lose – DSJ, Henderson, Abu, Anya, Y7, plus at least two transfers

I see zero reason so far to believe that Yurt will be going pro after season. Even knowing the NBA drafts on potential, he is showing nothing so far that would have him in the first round, much less the lottery.

TheAliasTroll
    Participant

Looking more and more like Lutz may have the “glue guy” holding things together as best he could from his position.

We dumped him and many of the intricacies required for being a team appear to have vanished.

We have all the pieces to be a top 10 squad and we look awful, uncoached, and have NOT shown any signs of improvement throughout the season.

This was the roster to show what Gott can really do, and unfortunately we’re seeing it.

Viewing 25 posts - 176 through 200 (of 231 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.