Wolfpack Wins!

Home Forums All StateFansNation Wolfpack Wins!

Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)
  • Author
    state1988
    Participant

I just want to give a shoutout to our men’s basketball team and to ask those of you naysayers, negative fans, and anyone else who wants to be anything but supportive for our team. Yes, they have had some struggles like last night, and, yes, there might be some more growing pains, but there’s also a lot of promise, as shown tonight, and they are still adjusting to the loss of Terry Henderson, as well as the loss of Lacey and our graduates. However, I find it sad that 4 games in, it’s already “going to be a long season”. Try being true fans and being optimistic at every game, and, wow, the boys respond and win. GO,PACK!!

Sincerely,
    a very proud alum and lifetime State fan and supporter

Wufpacker
    Participant

Before you ask….it was I who edited your title.
    Take the hint.

Heelh8r
    Participant

Thanks 1988! All that other stuff wearing me out. I’m here to pull for my boys and have fun doing it. Sometimes it feels lonely.

state1988
    Participant

And maybe you all aren’t true fans but a group of grumpy people who pretend to be true fans. Stinks that you would sensor my original title. I was only telling the truth. I might get frustrated at times myself about any of our teams and their play, but I NEVER degrade, deflate, or post the negative material I often see on here. I don’t live with my head in the sand, either, but choose to be completely supportive. You should try it, Wufpacker!

state1988
    Participant

You and me, both, Heelh8r! Nice that someone else feels the same as I. Go, Pack!!

Wufpacker
    Participant

Yep…that’s what I thought.

Did you…or did you not, in your title, instruct posters with whom you disagree to…and I quote…Suck It!!

And is that, or is it not, negative?

I’m far from grumpy. I’m laughing at you right now in fact.

Wufpacker
    Participant

Frankly, I’m probably way more positive about our team right now than you are. But since I edited your bullshit title you’ll never believe that so…..Not my problem.

Rick
    Keymaster

Yep…that’s what I thought.

Did you…or did you not, in your title, instruct posters with whom you disagree to…and I quote…Suck It!!

And is that, or is it not, negative?

I’m far from grumpy. I’m laughing at you right now in fact.

Frankly I am sick and tired of the ‘calling out’ in general. Next loss someone will post the opposite and so on and so on.

state1988
    Participant

The “Suck It, Naysayers” in my original title was directed at those on this website who continuously post negative comments when it comes to our teams, especially men’s ball and football. It drives me insane, and I was particularly thrilled for our team tonight when they won, proving the title by one of your directors, “Long Season Ahead” wrong. So, if posting something negative supposedly in my title was against all of the negativity on here, then so be it! I am SO over the jerks and here is NO way you’re more positive than me unless you’re one of the FEW who cheers on our football team the ENTIRE game like I do, who cheers on the basketball team in the same way, and who proudly speaks of our university EVERY chance I get. How ’bout it, Wufpacker?!?

Rick
    Keymaster

Great now the ‘I’m a better fan the you’ competition.

MISTA WOLF
    Participant

*slow clap*

Wufpacker
    Participant

The “Suck It, Naysayers” in my original title was directed at those on this website who continuously post negative comments when it comes to our teams, especially men’s ball and football. It drives me insane, and I was particularly thrilled for our team tonight when they won, proving the title by one of your directors, “Long Season Ahead” wrong. So, if posting something negative supposedly in my title was against all of the negativity on here, then so be it! I am SO over the jerks and here is NO way you’re more positive than me unless you’re one of the FEW who cheers on our football team the ENTIRE game like I do, who cheers on the basketball team in the same way, and who proudly speaks of our university EVERY chance I get. How ’bout it, Wufpacker?!?

Feel better? Am I to bow and curtsey at your superior feet now? I figured you were the type who couldn’t take the hint. I tried to give you latitude to speak your mind without inciting the thread you started into becoming a dick measuring contest of fandom. But you couldn’t take the hint, could you?

So instead, your thread is now on the verge of getting closed and you’re on the verge of getting blocked.

And yet you still want to make it about me?

We value differing opinions here. Sometimes those differences get heated, yes. I don’t agree with everyone here. But I try my best to respect them. Just as I respected you by taking the time to edit your title rather than trashing your whole fucking thread you suddenly felt the need to start, even though you’ve never commented here before.

In the words of Colonel Nathan Jessup….I’d rather you just said thank you, and went on your way. Either way, I don’t give a damn what you think you are entitled to.

So….how ’bout what, exactly?

Wufpacker
    Participant

Agreed Rick….I don’t know why everyone seems to feel the need to use every win and/or loss as an example of why they’re right and everyone else is wrong.

Which is why I didn’t even come here during the game tonight. Wish I hadn’t come after it either.

Eureka!!!

I’m just glad that I now know that part of being the best fan on the planet is the willingness to tell other fans to “suck it!!!” I’ll know that for next time I guess.

pakfanistan
    Participant

Dammit just be happy about a nice win and stop making every game a referendum.

Wufpacker
    Participant

Dammit just be happy about a nice win and stop making every game a referendum.

Preaching to choir here, paki. But suck it, anyway!!! 😉

Rick
    Keymaster

Agreed Rick….I don’t know why everyone seems to feel the need to use every win and/or loss as an example of why they’re right and everyone else is wrong.

Which is why I didn’t even come here during the game tonight. Wish I hadn’t come after it either.

I hear you. I am tired of it too and am going to start cleaning it up on both sides.

state1988
    Participant

Clearly you don’t seem to value others’ opinions, Wufpacker, or you wouldn’t threaten to shut my post down and/or block me, and I started the thread to begin with to rebute the constant pessimism posted by you so-called positive fans on here and “keymasters”, as shown by your last response. Your responses are condescending and makes one rethink wanting to post or respond if all they’re going to do is get trashed. I respect others’ opinions, too, I do, but not ones so demeaning. I’ll take the high road on that one and leave the negativity, once again, to those in power here. Curtsy if you want, but I have bigger balls than that.

Wufpacker
    Participant

You brought it on yourself. Don’t blame me for your inability to take the hint…which was state your case but be civil about it. Your only intent here was to rub someone’s nose in being wrong (your opinion that they’re wrong to be more precise). That doesn’t make a good fan….that makes a small, small person.

Tell your thread goodnight, because it’s getting put to bed now. You just couldn’t help yourself.

Oh, and if you notice, there has been a thread put up lauding the Pack’s win vs #22 LSU. So….yeah. Funny that, no?

Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)
  • The topic ‘Wolfpack Wins!’ is closed to new replies.