Wolfpack Players In The NFL Draft.

Home Forums StateFans Football Wolfpack Players In The NFL Draft.

Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)
  • Author
    redisgood
    Participant

Great to see both Joe Thuney and Jacoby Brissett taken in the 3rd round of the NFL draft. Sadly it wasn’t the Panthers, but both went to the Patriots, an organization that knows a thing or two about judging talent. Congratulations to both!

Wulfpack
    Participant

Congrats to both.

Yes, the Pats know what they are doing when it comes to evaluating talent.

It is completely wrong to suggest the Panthers don’t know what they are doing as well. Let me explain:

2011 – Cam Newton (MVP)
    2012 – Luke Kuechly (3x All Pro, Defensive POY)
    2012 – Josh Norman (All Pro)
    2013 – Star Lotulelei (All Rookie Team)
    2013 – KK Short (All Pro)
    2014 – Kelvin Benjamin
    2014 – Trai Turner (All Pro)
    2105 – Shaq Thompson

Show me a team that has drafted better than that.

I believe that Shaq Thompson is well on his way to being an All Pro. Star could easily be as well. Benjamin returns from injury this year and will have a giant season in my opinion. First round pick Vernon Butler Gettleman is convinced has All Pro talent. We now have three All Pro level defensive tackles – hog mollies as Dave likes to call them. An MVP QB that can do it all. And a linebacking core that is the best in the league. Good luck NFC South (which we’ve won now three years running).

Fastback68
    Participant

^Now find a late round RB sleeper and Money Ball some OL/secondary guys and Cats should make another run.

choppack1
    Participant

Yea. The panthers have drafted as well as anyone the last few years – like you said, few have drafted better.

redisgood
    Participant

Congrats to both.

Yes, the Pats know what they are doing when it comes to evaluating talent.

It is completely wrong to suggest the Panthers don’t know what they are doing as well.

Show me a team that has drafted better than that.

I guess my combining two separate thoughts (sad the Panthers didn’t draft them, and NE is a good judge of talent) was misconstrued that the Panthers aren’t good talent judges. I hadn’t even thought that, but I can see how it was interpreted that way. I fully agree the Panthers have been great in that area, I was just hoping to see Thuney and Brissett more often, since I watch every Panthers game, and maybe a few Pats games each year.

It will be interesting if Brady’s suspension sticks, which it probably will, and something happens to Garoppolo.

Wulfpack
    Participant

No worries man I gotcha. Panthers desperately need corners and we got two of ’em, hopefully one can pan out.

MISTA WOLF
    Participant

I’m happy with the Dolphins draft for the first time in years. Hopefully we can get a couple LB’s this evening, especially Scooby Wright out of Arizona. With that being said, I wish Thuney and Brissett the best of luck, except for two weekends a year.

Texpack
    Participant

The last guard/QB combo from State to play together in the NFL did pretty well. I just hate that Thuney and Brisett ended up in NE though.

Prowling Woofie
    Participant

Justin Burris, #118 to the Jets !

TheCOWDOG

Yeah, good for Burris, tough nut…good kid.

MIA: The only guy to bolt early….

pakfanistan
    Participant

MIA: The only guy to bolt early….

It’s got to say something about that guy that I don’t know who you’re talking about.

TheCOWDOG

The one that ” never” got thrown to.

Since74
    Participant

^^ Grinnage

TheCOWDOG

FA Grinnage, inks with Packers.
    Giants expected to sign Rose.

PackerInRussia
    Participant

So, who do the Pats have as backup QB? Could Jacoby see action during Brady’s suspension?

Wolfanatic
    Participant

Quinton Schooley signed with the Steelers….

Wulfpack
    Participant

So, who do the Pats have as backup QB? Could Jacoby see action during Brady’s suspension?

Doubtful. Backup Jimmy Garoppolo will be the guy.

Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.