Wolfpack Men's Roundball Starts Tonite!

Home Forums StateFans Basketball Wolfpack Men's Roundball Starts Tonite!

Viewing 17 posts - 101 through 117 (of 117 total)
  • Author
    bill.onthebeach
    Participant

And that’s the Ballgame and the pre-season…

Smoke if you got ’em…

New Look Wolfpack 4-0

Speaking of the ‘Pre-Season Schedule’…
    The ghosts on the south smoking porch over at Reynolds are reminding me of back when Stormin’ Norman decided to play North Carolina in the pre-season…

that is… UNC-W, UNC-A, UNC-G and UNC-P as a joke on Dean…

Next game against the older Miller Brother gets a new game thread, I promise…
    Good night Gents!

POP!!!

#NCSU-North Carolina's #1 FOOTBALL school!
    McCallum
    Participant

just remember Bro Mc The Elder is lurking…

Waiting patiently.

McCallum

Texpack
    Participant

Thought the game was tonight. I’ll have to watch the replay

tractor57
    Participant

Not because of the game but I flaked out mid first half. I will be watching the replay. As I posted earlier I expected some rough games (and by extension some rough stretches). The good thing is the half time adjustments and the fact the team didn’t go into a funk.

rthomas44
    Participant

Down by 8@ halftime…win by 20. Not a bad game. A good learning lesson and a reason for optimism.

McCallum
    Participant

It is Presbyterian for goodness sakes.

Only positive out of this is that the coach didn’t call for the ouster of any Presbyterian fans ah la Roy Boy.

https://sports.yahoo.com/ncaa/basketball/blog/the_dagger/post/Roy-Williams-kicks-out-heckling-fan-at-the-Dean-?urn=ncaab,208335

McCallum

rthomas44
    Participant

As in life… lemonade from lemons. I don’t think we will lose by 51 to the Cheats.

VaWolf82
    Keymaster

From what I’m seeing we’ll be bottom 25% of the ACC this year.

I didn’t need to see anything to reach that conclusion…Too many losses from a bad team combined with no superstars coming in.

TheAliasTroll
    Participant

I didn’t need to see anything to reach that conclusion…Too many losses from a bad team combined with no superstars coming in.

True and we’ll find out a lot more about this team in a few days. But the writing is on the proverbial wall for this season.

In ACC play we’ll be getting rolled if we aren’t making 3 balls at a regular clip. We only shot 7% (1 for 13) from 3 against the mighty Blue Hose. 16% (3 of 18) the game before against power house Bryant.

KK has said it himself, in his offense he likes to take a lot of three pointers. Does this team have even one single reliable 3 point shooter?

‘Live and die by the 3’ ain’t a saying for nothing.

Rick
    Keymaster

Herb lived and died by the threes.
    I was not a big fan of that but it looks like we are back there. If you have the shooters it can be a viable plan but there can be wild variances with it.

tractor57
    Participant

Gott lived and died by the one and done. In both cases the rewards can be great or really bad. I think I like where KK is going but the next couple years might be a struggle.

TheAliasTroll
    Participant

Herb lived and died by the threes.
    I was not a big fan of that but it looks like we are back there. If you have the shooters it can be a viable plan but there can be wild variances with it.

I’m not a fan of it either due to that variance you mention.

When you have a need to win several consecutive games to bring home hardware and you combine that with variance… well.. it certainly creates long shot odds.

Whiteshoes67
    Participant

Read Kk’s postgame presser. Said he attributed the poor shooting to fatigue, but was pleased with how his club responded after 4 games in 7 days.

They dont have any Scott Woods out there but Hunt and the Baylor transfer are capable from 3. The recently eligible kid is supposedly a shooter as well. Johnson just has to keep teams honest, doesn’t need to burn it up at 40%. Batts isn’t a shooter at this point. PC sagged on Dorn. Keatts said in presser that he doesn’t want him falling in love with 3 ball.

When Abu returns, I suspect we will see some lineups where Dorn plays 4 at times.

What you saw last night was a coach
    who wasn’t rattled. When the man pressure and traps didn’t work, he went to a 2-2-1 press in the second half and a quicker lineup with Batts in place of Hunt, and they turned PC over 15 times. and PC won’t finish in the bottom half of the Southern either.

He’s going to surprise some teams this year. I’m not
    expecting anything more than a lower third ACC finish, but I wouldn’t be surprised if we get to .500 in conference.

bill.onthebeach
    Participant

^This +100…

WTF! COULD IT BE we have legitimate in game coaching for the first time since ’91 INSTEAD OF the occasional PullAHorseShoeOuttaYourA## ???

If we see THIS with the kids listening and responding every game, we won’t be talking about the W-L…

I really think we’re could get our 20 wins… and a chance to dance depending on what the rest of the crowd does…

Bookmark that… you heard it here first!

Right now, I’m more focused on the Baptists tomorrow night….

POP!!!

#NCSU-North Carolina's #1 FOOTBALL school!
    rthomas44
    Participant

Amen Bill! Look at the job Keatts did at UNCW after Buzz Peterson. Buzz was the absolute worst and Keatts won the conference in 2 years. All of you doubters and troll lovers will be shocked, shocked.

TheAliasTroll
    Participant

Amen Bill! Look at the job Keatts did at UNCW after Buzz Peterson. Buzz was the absolute worst and Keatts won the conference in 2 years. All of you doubters and troll lovers will be shocked, shocked.

1) The ACC is a giant leap above the Colonial Athletic Association.
    2) Every coach in the ACC is a much better coach than Buzz Peterson. Every last one of them.

ryebread
    Participant

TAT: Do you not like KK? Did I miss something there?

I kind of think that Rome wasn’t built in a day. I think we’re going to take some lumps. I don’t think we have the shooting to really make noise this year, but we might have the shooting we need on the roster next year. We’re recruited a full roster for next year before the games are really going this year, so anything we do from here on out is really playing with house money.

Right now I’m glad we’re 4-0. Yeah, we look ragged in some areas, but I think we’re ahead this year of where we were last year this time. Last year we went to an early tournament (Puerto Rico?) and got rolled by Creighton. Arizona is a much better team, and we may end up with the same result, but I think we’re better going into that game than we were last year.

Viewing 17 posts - 101 through 117 (of 117 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.