Wolfpack Baseball @ (25)Notre Dame this weekend

Home Forums StateFans Baseball & Other Sports Wolfpack Baseball @ (25)Notre Dame this weekend

Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 30 total)
  • Author
    Wufpacker
    Participant

Pack9 gets shut out on the road in South Bend by 25th ranked ND Friday evening, drops game one of the weekend series by a final of 2-0.

http://www.gopack.com/sports/m-basebl/recaps/041715aaa.html

Ryne Willard led the way with a 3-for-4 performance. Logan Ratledge submitted the other multi-hit effort for the Pack (20-15, 8-10 ACC), his 19th of the season, going 2-for-3 with a walk. Preston Palmeiro and Bubby Riley supplied one single each. Notre Dame (25-11, 10-9) mustered just three hits, but collected six walks to escape with the win.

Game Two tomorrow at 2pm.
    Game Three Sunday at 1pm, ESPN3.

BJD95
    Keymaster

I see how this crap goes now. I shall pay attention to Game 3 of each series and ignore the rest.

Wufpacker
    Participant

^ LOL, a trend we need to break.

Wufpacker
    Participant

Softball topped the Heels in game one of their series btw, 6-2 final.
    Big win for the ladies.

http://www.gopack.com/sports/w-softbl/recaps/041715aaa.html

Inside the Box Score
    – Hawkins, Hutchison, Ross and Van Dyken each had one hit in the contest to lead the Wolfpack at the plate.
    – Causey was 2-for-3 at the plate for UNC, while seven other players in the batting order had one hit apiece.

In the Pitcher’s Circle
    – Weiman threw a complete game to earn her 21st victory of the season and 98th of her career at NC State. She scattered nine hits, struck out eight batters and allowed just two earned runs.
    – For the Tar Heels, freshman Kaylee Carlson went the distance giving up six earned runs on four hits while walking four batters.

On Deck
    NC State will return to action on Saturday when its hosts UNC-Chapel Hill in a doubleheader at Dail Stadium. First pitch of game one is slated for 1 p.m. with the second game to follow. The Wolfpack’s four seniors will be honored prior to the start of game one. Both contests will be broadcast live on ESPN3/Watch ESPN.

Wufpacker
    Participant

Threat of weather issues Sunday, thus Pack9 vs Irish playing a double dip today beginning at 2pm.

BOTH games allegedly streaming FOC at WatchND.tv.

BJD95
    Keymaster

I might have to allegedly stream the back end of that, then. Cards’ Carlos Martinez start is taking streaming priority over the Pack’s cursed Game 2 right now.

Wufpacker
    Participant

First game of the day is indeed streaming…we’ll see about the nightcap.

Scoreless pitcher’s duel in the 7th, but Pack with runners on the corners with 2 away.

Check that…2RBI double for ph Deatherage…Pack leads 2-0.

Wufpacker
    Participant

Wheels fall off for Pack pitching in the home half of the 9th. ND knots it at 2…extra frames required.

tjfoose1
    Participant

And another extra inning game for the Wolfpack. This one now going to the 14th at 2-2.

tjfoose1
    Participant

Is it me, or does ND’s announcer sound like Bob Uecker?

tjfoose1
    Participant

1st and 2nd w no one out for the ‘Pack in the top of the 14th… With Avent continually being a little whiney biotch. I think that’s about his 4th warning. And really, no valid reason for him to be arguing.. STFU Avent.

tjfoose1
    Participant

Wild pitch puts Wolfack at 2nd and 3rd w/ no one out. And Avent does NOT come out of the dugout to complain about something.

tjfoose1
    Participant

K followed by an intentional walk. Bases loaded, 1 out.

SaccoV
    Participant

Foose, I agree that he tends to argue at the wrong times, but that first pitch ‘strike’ was terrible. Outside and low and it was easily both from my perspective. Knizner with the sac fly, Pack up 3-2. 2 out.

tjfoose1
    Participant

Sack fly, followed by 2 consecutive walks, and a pop up.

Wolfpack 4-2 going to bottom up 14th.

SaccoV
    Participant

Top of the 14th ends but not until the Pack adds another on a 4-pitch walk with the bases loaded. Pack leads 4-2 heading to close it out.

tjfoose1
    Participant

Wolfpack wins 4-2

SaccoV
    Participant

Bubba Riley makes a nice catch and a barrel roll for the first out, and O’Donnell strikes out the last hitter to seal the win! I’ll be up for Game #3 in just 45 minutes.

Wufpacker
    Participant

Figures. After we couldn’t push Rat in from 3rd with no outs in the 12th I got fed up and went outside to play w/ my niece. Glad to come back in to unexpected good news.

Now, make it two bartender.

Pack78
    Participant

The Irish brew got us thru-go Pack!

tjfoose1
    Participant

Wolfpack up 2-0 after top of 1st.

SaccoV
    Participant

Williamson lost control in the 2nd. A walk, a 2-run homer, 2 more walks, 2-run single, another walk. Wolzack in.

Wufpacker
    Participant

Not sure what’s worse…that last half inning or the fact that my niece is now in dress up mode.

And apparently I’m the dressee.

TheCOWDOG

Avent.

Crickets from here.

Can’t defend them all and ride one…year after year.

Most unseemly.

Wufpacker
    Participant

Honestly, I’ve had very little gripe with skip this year. He still goes off half-cocked now and again, sometimes at odd moments, but I’ve decided to look at it as endearing, lol. Mostly he’s done OK b/w the lines.

Softball dropped both ends of their doubleheader with the lady heels today.

*sigh*

Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 30 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.