Why blogs continue to do so well?

Home Forums All StateFansNation Why blogs continue to do so well?

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    StateFans
    Keymaster

…because the ‘media’ can’t afford to hire that many people with true talent and any experience.

Not that it is that much of a big deal…but, this little exchange is just one in a series of hundreds of examples that I’ve seen from Lauren Brownlow getting corrected by local media/etc for a big miss. (I’ll never forget Dereck Whittenburg correcting her on one of the NC State podcasts last year).

Five to ten years ago it was frustrating that the average media member only had a knowledge base and memory/experience that only went back 15 to 20 years. In NO TIME it seems that the average media member has an experience base of no more than 5 to 10 years.

Twitter Pic

Wufpacker
    Participant

In Amato’s heyday, was Brownlow even born yet?

Admittedly, I try to avoid her and her ilk. But on the occasions I’ve had the ‘pleasure’, it seems she is coasting for the B-/C+ in her 6th grade Journalism class.

StateFans
    Keymaster

How can you avoid her on Twitter?

She has 94 THOUSAND tweets and counting! (And, she has had MULTIPLE other accounts through the years). Ben Swaim has 133 THOUSAND tweets. I quit following this guy named Michael Felder years ago because I didn’t care what he was watching on TV. He now has 391 THOUSAND TWEETS!!

It genuine blows me away how much some of these people ‘tweet’. From bed. From breakfast. From walking down the street. From church. From work (if you believe they actually have a job that is something different from Tweeting). From the toilet. From the stoplight. From the hospital. From Starbucks. From the funeral home.

It’s a sickness.

Wufpacker
    Participant

Hence why I very rarely log into twitter.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.