Who'd have thunk it? Bob Kennel knows someone famous

Home Forums StateFans Non Sports Talk Who'd have thunk it? Bob Kennel knows someone famous

Tagged: 

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    StateFans
    Keymaster

Long time readers and ‘internet lurkers’ will be *SHOCKED* to learn that Bob Kennel has a personal relationship with famous and important people!!!

Link to N&O Letters to the Editor —

Responding to Assad Meymandi’s April 15 letter “McCrory’s savant,” which had a seemingly outlandish suggestion about Gov. Pat McCrory enlisting Gene Nichol for counsel: I do not think he did this tongue-in-cheek. It is an intriguing idea as something to break an impasse of ideas important to all of North Carolina.

Knowing all three men somewhat, I believe the idea has strong merit with both parties gaining from insight and possible actions. Former Gov. Jim Hunt did something similar over 10 years ago in appointing Phil Kirk as State Board of Education chairman while he was still director of NCCBI, thereby putting the education and business interests of the state in one thought process.

The juxtaposition of ideas might not make Art Pope happy, just as it didn’t with Phil Kirk, but we need a shake-up in thinking to avoid another disastrous political year like the last. Meymandi’s wisdom is worth being heard.

Who could have imagined Sir Kennel writing any piece that did not let the reader know just how connected he is!

But, contrary to normal form, Kennel got four or five sentences out with only two references to himself in the first person!

LRM
    Keymaster

I once “met” him at Sammy’s when he forced his way into the conversation I was having with my buddies at a separate table. He’d always seemed like a caricature in his posts and that day did nothing to change my impression of him.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.