Where Were You 15 Years Ago Tonight?

Home Forums StateFans Basketball Where Were You 15 Years Ago Tonight?

Tagged: 

Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)
  • Author
    WV Wolf
    Keymaster

Most of the time this would be a hard question: Where were you 15 years ago tonight? But for myself and 19,000+ other State fans, that’s an easy quest[See the full post at: Where Were You 15 Years Ago Tonight?]

WallyB
    Participant

I.

Was.

There.

StateFans
    Keymaster

I was there!

Clarksa
    Participant

I was there…for both opening nights. The Hurricanes hired the same crew that produced the Superbowl halftime show and Big Voodoo Daddy played…it was lame. It think we walked out some high profile Pack supporters and had a little speech where they tried to pass off the new electronic noise meter to replace the one in Reynolds. Low key approach.

WTNY
    Participant

Never have liked the place.

tbinsd
    Participant

I flew in from CA to see that game. Had dinner at Two Guys and then drove over to the arena. Not as fun as walking to Reynolds. The next day we drove to Greenville and watched State get embarrassed by EZU in football. A great Wolfpack weekend, though. I still have my ticket.

WallyB
    Participant

We drove back and forth from Charlotte to watch the game Friday night. The next morning my sister-in-law went into premature labor and delivered my nephew in Rocky Mount, NC. I wish we had spent the night in Raleigh after the game and saved lots of driving back and forth across the state!

Also, his grandparents on the other side were huge ECU fans and had to skip the game to be at the hospital. Must have been bittersweet to have to miss the “game of the century” in Greenville to be there for a grandbaby’s birth!

StateFans
    Keymaster

I had a little hope that we could establish a bit of a home court advantage after that game. Probably 80%ish of what we had a Reynolds. I was way off.

I’m guessing the PNC is ‘50%’ of what Reynolds was for it? I know that is somewhat unquantifiable. Giving it a stab, nonetheless.

PackerInRussia
    Participant

Freshman year. My first ever NC State basketball game. Second row. Needless to say, I was there (although I have no memory of getting a poster to commemorate it).

Fastback68
    Participant

Are the axe stroke scars still visible???

Clarksa
    Participant

If we could ever put together a team or better yet a program like the ones that roamed the hallways at Reynolds, we could have that advantage.

pakfanistan
    Participant

If we could ever put together a team or better yet a program like the ones that roamed the hallways at Reynolds, we could have that advantage.

Concur, whole heartedly.

NelsonHall97
    Participant

I was there. Still have the ticket stubs too. Had two tickets for seats that actually didn’t exist (Sec 314, Row A, Seats 1 & 2). They had to pull up two folding chairs for us and we sat in the walkway up against the glass…crazy.

john of sparta
    Participant

personally, i was buying dot-com stock.
    that and the Pack wiped me out for 12 years.

ruffles31
    Keymaster

I was in Section 337 that night too!

blpack
    Participant

Was told my wife wasn’t going to give birth that week, it was 6 days later, so I was in Raleigh for the UGa game. Thought we could build a great program again. Still do. Win and we get a home court advantage. Different than Reynolds, but still good.

BJD95
    Keymaster

I was on my couch in Northern Virginia (part of 18 hellish months I would like to forgets), watching. It looked really cool.

I was there for the NIT game in Reynolds a year or two later, the one against Marist or someone of that ilk.

Master
    Participant

I was there – lower bowl, east sideline, behind the State bench, top of the 3-point line. I took my father, son and a friend. The intro video made my father and I both well up with tears as we watched with pride the history of our great program play out on the old video board.

Slow start, but a great finish. I thought our program was on the cusp of greatness once again. I moved from Raleigh to Charleston, SC the following year and eventually gave up my lifetime right seats. I still have ticket stub and possibly the program.

StateFans
    Keymaster

It’s one of those little twists in basketball lore that Jim Harrick was the opposing coach for that game in light of his connection to our current staff. Hell, I bet Jeff Dunlap was probably on that staff at Georgia at the time. I haven’t taken the time to check that out, however.

Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.