What I want for Kwanza

Home Forums All StateFansNation What I want for Kwanza

Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)
  • Author
    McCallum
    Participant

Kwanza is coming up and I have a gift idea.

Part of Kwanza concerns hand made gifts so when you are out looking in the hand made gifts section, look for the very thoughtful yet authentic Nigerian wicker chair made in China.

McCallum

TheCOWDOG

Found one on Amazon with a complementary, African Indigo Mudcloth seat cushion.

PackerInRussia
    Participant

I thought you were going to say your two front teeth.

BJD95
    Keymaster

I’m thinking the Festivus Airing of Grievances is gonna take so long this season that there will be no time to work in Kwanzaa. But I shall still raise my fist in solidarity.

pakfanistan
    Participant

I’m thinking the Festivus Airing of Grievances is gonna take so long this season that there will be no time to work in Kwanzaa. But I shall still raise my fist in solidarity.

PUNTING INSIDE YOUR OPPONENT’S 40 YARD LINE!

bill.onthebeach
    Participant

Summer League Defense

#NCSU-North Carolina's #1 FOOTBALL school!
    Pack78
    Participant

Another vote for Airing of Grievances:

Sickening tarhole smoochfests on ESPN.

bill.onthebeach
    Participant

Dickie Dumbass === THE perfect caricature of sports broadcasters….

#NCSU-North Carolina's #1 FOOTBALL school!
    Adventuroo
    Participant

My list, like some folks private parts, is long and distinguished.

1>> History courses that teach that Kwanza is not a traditional celebration that dates back to the roots of Africa….but a holiday promoted in the 60’s by certain politically motivated individuals to provide a “rallying cry” for the Black Power movement….which has morphed into the Black (but not white or police) Lives Matter. Tyler Hansbrough, through his extensive command of Swahili, which came from the course he took at the recommendation of one of ORW’s advisers would translate it as follows. Fruits of the First Harvest or First Fruits. There probably is NO truth that Kwanza was an Afro American ethnic term for deflowering a virgin (sacrifice and sometimes selective by race) and that is is actually based in the Islamic scriptures of 40 such virgins in paradise….but only if you are a martyr.

2> A Do Over for our Football program wherein we hire consultants such as Monte Kiffin, Jon Gruden, Bill Cowher, Tony Dungy, etc. They can critique our staff and then provide a “vision” of what we need to do and focus on. Visioning is the current or trendy name for the old fashioned “Outside Consultants”….the ones that you pay to tell you the time after borrowing your watch. BUT, a makeover MIGHT be in order.

3> A defensive guru for Coach Gottfried. He seems to be more focused….but our poor and FUGLY showing today indicates that we will not control many of our ACC foes….and it will be a LONG season. As one fan at today’s game asked….What happened to our defense? My DW and another person in the group quipped….”Bobby Lutz owned it and packed it in his briefcase and took it when he left….”.

4> Jessie Waters to do a Water’s World special in Durham, Raleigh and Chapel Hill and ASK the celebrants in their ethnic garb (which has no historical or design roots going back to the mother country)….”Can you tell me the roots of Kwanza and how it was practiced in the late 1800’s compared to today. HINT, it was NOT celebrated in the early, middle or late 1800’s, but I’ll bet that someone has rewritten history to provide a “Thanksgiving & Pilgrims & Native American” type of image.

5> Finally, a respite from the Kool Aid comments that sometimes pops up here…..the ones like…”I will NOT read or acknowledge any source or article that provides evidence that my CNN & MSNBC & WP and NYT opinions or “facts” are wrong. That is for those that refuse to read BOTH sides and debate and discuss issues based on facts rather than the MSM’s writings. THAT would make me VERY happy….

Texpack
    Participant

Kwanza is coming up and I have a gift idea.

Part of Kwanza concerns hand made gifts so when you are out looking in the hand made gifts section, look for the very thoughtful yet authentic Nigerian wicker chair made in China.

McCallum

I was going to say me too until I realized you didn’t say Nigerian kicker.

Rick
    Keymaster

Heck any kicker that can actually kick I don’t where he is from.
    Maybe we can find an illegal before the wall is built.

tractor57
    Participant

For football – a better kicking game – either with the current kickers or with new ones.

For men’s basketball – some semblance of defense. I understand the college game has orbited away from lock down defense like Duke used to play but you have to play some.

For me personally to get rid of this bronchitis. Hopefully that happens before Kwanza.

As to the origin of Kwanza I really don’t care like I don’t care about the origin of Cinco de Mayo.

McCallum
    Participant

I said hand made gifts not hoping State will stop being a bunch of jerkoffs.

McCallum

TheCOWDOG

…Uh, yeah. That mud cloth cushion is hand made. Pretty, too.

Adventuroo
    Participant

Since TP is scarce in certain countries……why do you think they call it a “MUD” Cloth Cushion?

wirogers
    Participant

I would like to find someone who can give me a homemade gift of finishing drywall, I will do most anything else, I HATE that. So if Kwanza can give me anything it would be a Mudding crew at the farmhouse.

McCallum
    Participant

No fruit cakes

McCallum

wirogers
    Participant

Nope, I do not think and UNC graduates would know how to finish drywall!!!

Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.