Well…That Went By Fast.

Home Forums All StateFansNation Well…That Went By Fast.

Viewing 13 posts - 26 through 38 (of 38 total)
  • Author
    TheCOWDOG

See…I don’t think frame/size has damn thing to do with Hines. He rolled an ankle and got dinged on the dome.

What has that to do with structure?
    That wasn’t meant as a rhetorical snap back.
    Others have brought it up, too.

The kid is a fire hydrant in trousers. Not a bowling ball, but he has no problems with hits that I can see. Anyone here ever returned kicks?

I did plenty in HS, one at State and not as the deep guy. Sheer pandemonium!

McCallum
    Participant

5-9, 197 is not your typical 20 carry per game runner.

And returning kicks on top of that.

Methinks Coach Dave had better get some better talent in here or Hines will be picking up trash after the games in addition to his other duties.

The wideouts can’t stretch the field and no other running back shows burst. It appears they are possession type ball catchers. Lose Hines and you lose the distance play.

McCallum

choppack1
    Participant

Cow – nyheim is a great return man and became a great running back in short order.

But this is the NFL we are talking about here and in the words of Bill Parcell the most important ability is availability. Nyheim was ultimately unavailable for our 2 most important games.

It may not have been his call – but you can be darn sure the scouts noticed. He may need to come back next year just to get his due.

Me, I think he is awesome. He’s obviously pretty sharp – he has played multiple positions. He’s obviously tough – he gave it a go vs Clemson. He didn’t nalinger after Wake. But, he played 2 cold weather games this year and got hurt in both. Number crunchers will notice that stuff.

choppack1
    Participant

And I aint going to argue with you about the courage of returning kicks.

TheCOWDOG

Y’all missed my point, completely.

Pack1997
    Participant

It would be interesting to see the numbers on how many backs actually make it through a full 12 game season without getting banged up and how many carries a game they averaged. My assumption without looking at the numbers is any most back who touches the ball as many times as Hines did get banged up a bit with something lingering. With that being said, if he does end up leaving early so be it, the kid has made all of us proud and would do well in the NFL.

Fastback68
    Participant

Obviously, the NFL loves speed. Hines is a multi-position player. I think he will get graded pretty high. Hines is going to risk injury to himself and his earnings potential just to show he can remain injury free? What does he really have to prove from an on the field performance standpoint? Another 1,000 yards? Can’t wait to read about his NFL feedback.

tractor57
    Participant

Lifespan for a ball carrier in the NFL averages 5 years. I don’t think Hines will be much different. Quality guy, strong will, talent but in the end it will come down to injuries. Is his frame the cause? Not likely.

Texpack
    Participant

My son from tOSU, who watched a lot of CFB, commented to me this season that Hines would play on Sundays. He tends to poo poo all things NC State Football, so that at least made me consider the possibility that Hines can play in the NFL. The scouts will question his frame size but when they put together the 52 man, a guy that can return like he does and play RB or the slot is going to get a lot of consideration. He is a very good inside runner. The stereotype of a sprinter turned football player is a guy who is much better in space. I do think one more year of physical maturity will help his draft stock a lot.

McCallum
    Participant

I got the point THECOWDOG but chose to ignore it.

McCallum

ryebread
    Participant

freshman: Hines is pretty ripped. I think he’s a great balance of speed and power where he’s at right now.

My guess is you see him in the JSam position next year. Gallaspy or the freshman better be ready to carry the rock.

eas
    Participant

According to ESPN, DD is in Discussions with UT for the HC job. Looks like he was 3rd in line and now he is the new talk of the Town for UT.

mak4dpak
    Participant

Just trounced ASU in the Sun Bowl, basketball going on, and wrestling team excelling, yet still we have the UNC blog, and a poll on who should be the next men’s basketball coach. One moderator. Such a drastic change from last year. Still at a loss, as I had come to expect weekly updates on State fans nation, and it just ain’t happening. Sure miss the way it used to be on here.

Viewing 13 posts - 26 through 38 (of 38 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.