Weekly Check-in: ACC/College Basketball

Home Forums All StateFansNation Weekly Check-in: ACC/College Basketball

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    wufpup76
    Keymaster

If it pleases the proletariat, I’ll aim to post something like this each Monday (or close to it πŸ™‚ ). I didn’t post anything this Monday since there w
    [See the full post at: Weekly Check-in: ACC/College Basketball]

tractor57
    Participant

Thanks for the analysis. Posts like this are why I visit the site these days.
    I am reminded of the tired Al Davis thing “just win. baby!” – not the entire answer but things get much more positive if you win your games.

I am enjoying watching this year’s Pack as they move forward. Certainly a work in progress.

bill.onthebeach
    Participant

wufpup… you might have found a second career as a … “internet sports journalist” !
    but you probably shouldn’t give up your day job… ’cause the pay here sucks…

Now since this is place to talk roundball about other schools…

It’s worth noting… that over in Chapel Hill… there having almost the identical conversation as here…

Coach can’t coach anymore…
    don’t have the right players…
    dont’ have the players they have – doing the things they need to do…
    Coach can’t recruit if players have to go to class..
    the good old days of glory…
    Coach says dumbsh&t to the press…
    some Zebras hate us…
    Coach Rat is a big cheater…
    did I mention, Coach is dumbass?

Really quite amusing from a distance…

And I have a couple of honest questions…

1. WTF is Leonard Hamilton doing, or not doing as the case may be ??

2. Does “Anybody – Anywhere”, other than the WaHoos who settled for an eleven point victory in College Park a couple weeks ago, miss the Twerps and their pleasant personalities ??

3. Any chance GOTT & Company can pick up anyone of Coach Rat’s annual crop of rejects ?
    I heard they re-installing revolving doors over at Cameron.

#NCSU-North Carolina's #1 FOOTBALL school!
    BJD95
    Keymaster

I don’t have to post a new thread, because it makes sense here.

PLEASE understand and apply the concept of nuance. We can praise and critique certain elements of certain games, seasons, and systems. That’s what makes this place good.

But every single game, play, or even week shouldn’t be a complete, absolute referendum on the program. It’s a long season, and basketball is a tournament sport. Watch how things build, or don’t build. Be glad that our flaws and weak points are being exposed instead of hidden. We are at least getting an honest product from MG and company, warts and all.

wufpup76
    Keymaster

Edit: Oops, looks like the Commandant and I posted at the exact same moment. My response here is related to bill’s comment above πŸ™‚

Haha, it’s a labor of love, I guess.

Chapel Hill … a lot of folks there seem to have a complete disdain for reality. I don’t know if the glory days are coming back any time soon.

As for FSU – that’d be an interesting study. They’ve hit a lull after winning the ACC a couple of years back.

And, I certainly don’t miss Maryland. At all.

PackerInRussia
    Participant

– The Cheats are still The Cheats. That’s all.

Meaning they get about a 5-loss cushion in the nonconference portion of the season before feeling required to drop them out of the Top 25 (unless they’re able to strategically space the losses)?

Wolfanatic
    Participant

As for FSU, losing leading scorer and best defender Aaron Thomas, certainly didn’t help Leonard Hamilton’s plight. Thomas had already missed two games (for dizzyness) prior to being ruled ineligible for the remainder of the season by FSU last week.

Rick
    Keymaster

Great article.
    I agree we can dig ourselves out of this hole but we will have to play better in order to do so.

wufpup76
    Keymaster

Great article.
    I agree we can dig ourselves out of this hole but we will have to play better in order to do so.

Thanks πŸ™‚

The work starts tonight!

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.