Weekend Open Thread

Home Forums All StateFansNation Weekend Open Thread

Viewing 20 posts - 26 through 45 (of 45 total)
  • Author
    wufpup76
    Keymaster

I’ll have a ND game thread up soon … In the meantime, Hokies playing inspired ball and leading UVa early in the 2nd half

redisgood
    Participant

The X Games, women’s basketball, bowling, and curling. Is it football season yet?

Wolfanatic
    Participant

Hokies by 8..11:45 to go.. Hoos scored a three on their 1st 2nd half possesion, and have not scored since..

Wulfpack
    Participant

Did anyone else hear that Mike is going for number 1000 today?

wufpup76
    Keymaster

Did anyone else hear that Mike is going for number 1000 today?

Strange, you’d figure we’d have heard about this at some point this season. That’s a big accomplishment.

Perhaps the Hokies should officially adopt pink as a school color – they went on a 16-0 in the 2nd half to go up 10 on Virginia … Currently a 7 point lead w/ 8:00 to go in Blacksburg. I couldn’t find it locally, so I’m watching it on Espn3.

wufpup76
    Keymaster

14-0 run by UVa to regain control of the game … tough break for the Hokies.

Down 5 w/ 2:00 to play the Hokies may be emotionally spent.

Wulfpack
    Participant

It isn’t always pretty, but all the Cavs do is win, and then win some more. Look at the record, folks. Bennett has got them rolling.

wufpup76
    Keymaster

Hokies half an inch from tying the game at the buzzer …

GT continues their stunning stretch of losing close games … they lose by two at home to BC. It’ll be interesting to see what happens w/ the GT coaching situation.

44rules
    Participant

I’ll look at his record. Won’t watch them play unless it’s against us, and even that’s debatable.

Communism is not love. Communism is a hammer which we use to crush the enemy. Mao Zedong

Wulfpack
    Participant

It’ll be interesting to see what happens w/ the GT coaching situation.

They should have canned Gregory last year. Another year in the dumps. That is a very solid job but they keep hiring duds. Gregory came over from Dayton. Word is there is young coach making waves over there….

Wulfpack
    Participant

Duke now down 8 at St. John’s.

wufpup76
    Keymaster

^Aren’t they still paying Hewitt though?

Gregory seems like a nice guy, but this is likely his last season for GT. They’ll be paying Hewitt and Gregory and not have a coach. That’s like a Lee Fowler triple-play.

redcanine
    Participant

Don’t fool around with La Costra Nostra Lavin.

wufpup76
    Keymaster

Duke slapping the floor on D while in a zone … an interesting sight.

I hope they win for multiple reasons. ‘K1000’ will be done and it will help State’s numbers.

wufpup76
    Keymaster

That was a pretty funny tribute from Boeheim

Wulfpack
    Participant

Looks like Duke will survive. Congrats to K. It is quite the accomplishment. Sustained excellence.

wufpup76
    Keymaster

^Yeah, an amazing accomplishment for K … good for him.

BJD95
    Keymaster

Bennett is good at maxing out results from the talent he has, and they will deserve the #1 or #2 seed they will get.

I bet the odds will still be pretty long on their making the Final Four, and nobody will bet on them to do so. They will make the second weekend, and no more. They are a low variance, low ceiling team.

Deacon Blues
    Participant

Did u guys see we just signed a 4* CB out of SC.

Logged on to get the scoop!

Deacon Blues
    Participant

Never mind. He is a JR, not a SR. No major impact soon.

Viewing 20 posts - 26 through 45 (of 45 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.