Weekend Open Thread

Home Forums All StateFansNation Weekend Open Thread

Viewing 25 posts - 51 through 75 (of 75 total)
  • Author
    wufpup76
    Keymaster

^You beat me to it … Looks like the ladies are going to beat #10 Duke on Hoops-4-Hope / Play for Kay day … Awesome.

RaisedByWolves
    Participant

Victory was ours! 72-59.

Texpack
    Participant

Nice victory for the Wolfpack Women

10-10 from the line to close it out. 76% as a TEAM for the season. This is why missed FTs drive me crazy.

BJD95
    Keymaster

Bubble watch – Oregon on the verge of picking up a very unhelpful signature win (Utah) on FS1. Damn it.

If you stay up late, you can watch HWSNBN make his late charge to maybe make the NIT. Though he refuses to define himself that way.

BJD95
    Keymaster

Oregon started to choke, but then they stopped. Tough times on the bubble. We gon’ have to win.

wufpup76
    Keymaster

^Yeah, big wins for bubble teams this weekend. Utah not dead, but not looking good at the moment.

On my trip to very tasty and healthy Taco Bell just a minute ago, heard on the radio that Louisville has dismissed Chris Jones from the team. Damn. Their stock is plummeting.

wufpup76
    Keymaster

I’ve been very high on Utah all season – very efficient on both ends of the floor. Far too reliant on the 3-ball on offense though.

Wulfpack
    Participant

Louisville has dismissed Chris Jones from the team. Damn. Their stock is plummeting.

Something hasn’t been right there for several weeks. Kind of stinks because it will devalue our win. They are falling fast.

Texpack
    Participant

^Yeah, big wins for bubble teams this weekend. Utah not dead, but not looking good at the moment.

On my trip to very tasty and healthy Taco Bell just a minute ago, heard on the radio that Louisville has dismissed Chris Jones from the team. Damn. Their stock is plummeting.

Just saw that. Very curious to get dismissed after your first game back from suspension. This will at least give the committee the opportunity to up value our win if they do go in the dumper from here out.

wufpup76
    Keymaster

Link

“He’s finished,” coach Rick Pitino said, per the Courier-Journal. “There won’t be any comment.”

^I can’t tell if Pitino’s just pissed, or if he’s trying to keep Jones’ transgressions out of the press for the sake of Jones’ potential future opportunities in basketball.

He’s a good little player, just wonder what happened. Oh well. Hard to see Louisville getting out of the first weekend of tournament play now, but sometimes this type of thing can galvanize a team … guess we’ll see.

Wulfpack
    Participant

He is definitely PO’d.

Alpha Wolf
    Keymaster

Rick Pitino essentially washed his hands of Jones…

Anyone watch the race today?

Fastback68
    Participant

UVA 22-21 at the half. Target audience, people who played ball before they cut the hole in the peach basket.

bill.onthebeach
    Participant

^ and a few Wolfpackers who understand how to play great defense on the hardwood…
    plus a few NOLES fans…

NOLES hanging tough against depleted Hoos…

If Hamilton can get a quick foul on Fuentes, his kids GOTT a legitimate chance at the upset…

The Noles freshman – Raymon-Mayes is the real deal..

———–
    In other news…

Doris is now saying on E$pin that Patino is saying that Jones’ dismissal was a “University” matter, not a “basketball” matter…

Patino probably is more po’d that this was not “his” decision… than he is at Jones…

#NCSU-North Carolina's #1 FOOTBALL school!
    Fastback68
    Participant

Hope those kids are ok, they got racked pretty hard on the noggins.

wufpup76
    Keymaster

Brogdon and Perrantes bang heads in a violent collision … Perrantes’ jersey was covered in blood from either a nasty cut or a broken nose, and Brogdon leaves the game clearly wobbling.

I hope neither have a concussion. Really unfortunate, and might not see either one back this game, which is a three point game.

Anderson, Brogdon, Perrantes. Damn.

UVa suffering some injuries like State used to when HWSNBN was the coach.

redcanine
    Participant

Y’all still talking basketball? F that. It’s red carpet night (and no, I’m not referring to Lohan’s firecrotch)!

bill.onthebeach
    Participant

NCSS apparently has wandered up HWY 29 to Charlottesville this afternoon…

… that was brutal….

redcanine
    Participant

Hand on the Bible: I miss Joan Rivers.

bill.onthebeach
    Participant

Roger Ayers and crew beginning to show signs of their instructions from Grandover…

Hand on the Bible… i miss Karl Hess.

Fastback68
    Participant

Perrantes back on bench but appears to be done playing for tonight.

MP
    Participant

Anyone watch the race today?

Oh yes, Good race. Hate that it finished under caution.

Wufpacker
    Participant

He’ll have a shiner when the sun comes up.

‘Hoos are a tough bunch.

Wulfpack
    Participant

Cavs just keep winning their way. My goodness are they solid.

Texpack
    Participant

UW vs Wazzu is mediocre basketball but they have a really weak peanut gallery located right behind the announcers. Every lame heckle and all 74 BS chants have been picked up clear as day. That has been entertaining.

Viewing 25 posts - 51 through 75 (of 75 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.