Weekend Open Thread

Home Forums All StateFansNation Weekend Open Thread

Viewing 25 posts - 26 through 50 (of 75 total)
  • Author
    wufpup76
    Keymaster

Good job, Louisville. Way to gut one out.

That was painful though.

BJD95
    Keymaster

OK…definitely not taking Ville in any of my pool entries. But they held on for us. Whew.

Wufpacker
    Participant

Cards are on the ropes right now, but they held on. Maybe they break the funk soon. But agreed, not betting on that.

ACC is the Big East, southern style, as per Pitino.
    Damning by faint praise, indeed.

BJD95
    Keymaster

^ and ^^ As Metallica once said, Sad But True.

wufpup76
    Keymaster

Vitale doing the Duke game … He probably can’t wait to lose his sh*t during this game after missing Wed. night

MrPlywood
    Participant

Is it just me, or does it seem like once State beats a ranked opponent they (the opponent) starts to struggle therefore reducing the impact of the win? State beats Duke, Duke then loses to Miami. State beats L’ville, l’ville loses to Cuse and squeaks by Miami. I’m sure that it’s happened in the past as well.

Hang on, let me adjust my tinfoil hat…

Texpack
    Participant

Vitale doing the Duke game … He probably can’t wait to lose his sh*t during this game after missing Wed. night

Based on 13 references to it so far, he was under K’s desk 90 minutes before the game.

TheCOWDOG

I’d rather be under Doris Burke’s desk, while she exhorts not to rush the shot.

She’s the bestest darn color person out there.

(Gowolves, she’s been my go to for many years)

Gowolves
    Participant

I have heard her for years but never knew her name until the last couple years. She just knows the game so well and articulates it in a way that makes you want to watch what she sees. I am just impressed

wufpup76
    Keymaster

Is it just me, or does it seem like once State beats a ranked opponent they (the opponent) starts to struggle therefore reducing the impact of the win? State beats Duke, Duke then loses to Miami. State beats L’ville, l’ville loses to Cuse and squeaks by Miami. I’m sure that it’s happened in the past as well.

Hang on, let me adjust my tinfoil hat…

Law of NCStateShit – if the Pack withstands NCStateShit, it transfers to the losing team for another game or two.

It’s going to affect somebody.

wufpup76
    Keymaster

I have heard her for years but never knew her name until the last couple years. She just knows the game so well and articulates it in a way that makes you want to watch what she sees. I am just impressed

Both Doris and Kara Lawson do a good job on commentary, imo. To be sure, not everyone is a great fit for in-game commentary.

BJD95
    Keymaster

Somebody should convert this into theoretical physics and teach it as an online college course.

Gowolves
    Participant

I really thought Clemson would give a better game especially since Okafor is out and after the emotional win against UN*

Gowolves
    Participant

LOL 🙂

bill.onthebeach
    Participant

Why not… Let’s start with this…

Our observations of the object in motion indicate…
    1. NCSS is subject to the Heisenburg principle.
    2. When defining NCSS, one must consider the effects of acute sensitivity.
    3. And then there’s the known unknowns.

From the standpoint of singularity….
    NCSS is NCSS.

#NCSU-North Carolina's #1 FOOTBALL school!
    TheCOWDOG

Hey. Anyone on campus post ’90 somethin’ started that NCSS, and I hold y’all personally responsible.

Gowolves
    Participant

I would just use the transitive property.

wufpup76
    Keymaster

Immortalized

The interwebz are eternal.

Wufpacker
    Participant

I always just figured that after losing to us, they figured they might as well give up on life in general.

At least for a while.

Heelh8r
    Participant

Dickie luvs Mike

BJD95
    Keymaster

I know everyone set their alarms for the Everton/Leicester match, right? RIGHT?

MP
    Participant

Hey. Anyone on campus post ’90 somethin’ started that NCSS, and I hold y’all personally responsible.

I showed up in August 1990 and have always felt personally responsible for bringing NCSS to campus. Not sure where I picked it up but I’m pretty sure it was in the bathroom at Waffle House in Burlington.

redcanine
    Participant
    wufpup76
    Keymaster

Hahaha

“Here’s the ironic thing: Coach Larranaga walked over to the officials, all the way over to the other side. I’ve never seen that,” Pitino said. “I wanted to know what (Larranaga said). The official says, ‘Well, he wanted to let me know that the big guy (Jekiri) has a concussion on that play.’ I said, ‘What motive do you need to know that? He’s back in the game.’

“So I called (Louisville football coach) Bobby Petrino — this is no joke — I said, ‘Get a hold of that Miami doctor because, in 15 minutes, a kid went from a concussion to playing and totally healthy.’ We’re sending a plane down to hire that doctor for football. We will never have a concussion ever again. He was back 3-4 minutes later. He walked all the way over there to tell him he had a concussion, then he was back in the game.”

RaisedByWolves
    Participant

Lady Pack leading #10 Duke 50-44 with 5:44 left. ESPN2.

Viewing 25 posts - 26 through 50 (of 75 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.