Weekend Open Thread

Home Forums All StateFansNation Weekend Open Thread

Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 75 total)
  • Author
    wufpup76
    Keymaster

Howdy gang – El Comondante95 had to ask out of posting the VT game thread, so I’ll have one of those up in a bit …

In the meantime, please feel free to share your thoughts on the various happenings this weekend. Busy day in college basketball – here is the ACC schedule.

I’m not sure what channel Pitt @ Syracuse is on, but we should keep an eye on it. Key game for Pitt w/r/t the bubble. It’d be nice to overtake Syracuse in the ACC standings, but I have to go for ‘Cuse here since Pitt is sharing some bubble space w/ us. Georgia Tech @ Cheats tipping now – good to see Mike Gminski calling the game as he moves past the untimely passing of his fiance.

Quite a few bubble teams in action today – feel free to pass along scores as you see them.

Perhaps El Comondante will grace us w/ a futbol/soccer update, and Mr. Wufpacker grace us w/ a Pack 9 update if they have the time and inclination 🙂

Enjoy the weekend everyone, and hopefully I’ll see you here and on the game thread.

BJD95
    Keymaster

Everton (the Premier League el futbol Pack) doesn’t play until 9am manana, earning the extra day off due to their Thursday Europa League thrashing of Jerry Sandusky’s favourite side, Switzerland’s Young Boys, 4-1.

Swans beat Manure 2-1, which is amusing. Sorry, Alpha. They will still likely finish 3rd, because Arseholes by law must always finish 4th.

Wufpacker
    Participant

I don’t mean to be indelicate, but I’m beginning to believe that Dean Smith is the new Generalissimo Francisco Franco.

BJD95
    Keymaster

I hope they are giving free Irish coffee to any diehard souls who actually attend today’s el beisbol action. That is some dedication going on.

Gowolves
    Participant

Haters going to hate on Man U. The standard. 🙂

Gowolves
    Participant

MC is killing Newcastle

BJD95
    Keymaster

^ Hey, tis better to be the Duke of the Prem than the U*NC (Liverpool aka the Shite).

BJD95
    Keymaster

Good, maybe Everton can at least save a little face and finish ahead of the Barcodes.

Winning Europa will put us in the Champions League, so that will be neat too.

Wufpacker
    Participant

Let me know when the hooligans riot.
    I love that part.

Gowolves
    Participant

Need to call this match now. It’s getting ugly

VaWolf82
    Keymaster

Key game for Pitt w/r/t the bubble. It’d be nice to overtake Syracuse in the ACC standings, but I have to go for ‘Cuse here since Pitt is sharing some bubble space w/ us.

I’m pulling for Pitt so that it will give State another Top50 win. Plus it is hard for me to pull for SYR and Boehim (for no really good reason),

Wolfanatic
    Participant

In a more capitalist and domestically-related sports story that I’m certain most of you are following, former Wolfpacker Carl Pettersson is having a bit of a rough go at it in the Northern Trust Open at Riviera CC at Pacific Palisades today. Starting this morning on the back nine, Carl birdied the first hole but bogeyed 3 of the next five for a backside 2 over 38 making him 3 over for the tournament. After making the turn, Carl birdied number one but gave it right back with a bogey on number two. He remains 2 over for the day and 3 over for the tournament with seven holes remaining. It’s been somewhat of a struggle for Carl this season having missed the cut 4 times in 9 events. His World Golf Ranking is 192 and he is 116th in the FedEx Cup standings.

wufpup76
    Keymaster

I’m pulling for Pitt so that it will give State another Top50 win. Plus it is hard for me to pull for SYR and Boehim (for no really good reason),

^Pitt hangs on @ Syracuse

Gowolves
    Participant

The more I hear Doris Burke I like her (Miami v. Louisville game). She just knows here stuff and doesn’t talk or yammer too much. She is underrated only because she is a woman.

Gowolves
    Participant

Dave Lamount and Jim Calhoun are doing the pack game. I haven’t heard Calhoun do any games. Anybody have a opnion on him as a color commentator?

BJD95
    Keymaster

Dave Lamount and Jim Calhoun are doing the pack game. I haven’t heard Calhoun do any games. Anybody have a opnion on him as a color commentator?

KILL. ME. NOW.

Gowolves
    Participant

Well that tells me everything I need to know!

BJD95
    Keymaster

I am biased. Thought Calhoun was the biggest asshole in creation even before he proved it during his two NCAAT matchups against HWSNBN. He can eat shit and die already. Listening to him talk about himself instead of Kevin Ollie while being interviewed during last year’s Final Four run was bad enough.

I hate him so much I cheered for Duke in the NCAAT final when they played Calhoun. Would have cheered for the Holes under the same circumstances. Thank God he’s retired and that no longer applies.

Please stop devaluing our win, Louisville. You bastards.

The Big 12 games are good, if not artistically beautiful.

redcanine
    Participant

In your face! -Harrell

wufpup76
    Keymaster

KILL. ME. NOW.

^Haha – he’s been ok when in the studio, and ok for the couple of games where I’ve briefly heard him on commentary

BJD95
    Keymaster

I am also biased from how they bounced the Holes last year…but I really like how Iowa State plays. Especially McKay.

wufpup76
    Keymaster

Louisville is really … not great. C’mon Cardinals, we need you to beat Miami. So, do it for that reason alone.

Then you can return to your HWSNBN-style late season collapse.

BJD95
    Keymaster

Yeah, I’m starting to think maybe that game said more about them than it did about us. 🙁

Wufpacker
    Participant

Damn thee, Cardinals.
    Why you wanna play a brutha like this?

Wufpacker
    Participant

Pack Baseball in Myrtle Beach, falls to the Great Danes of U.Albany earlier, btw. Mostly due to lack of control from pitching from what I gather.
    Nightcap vs FIU is scoreless in the 1st, but FIU led off with a walk, so…..yeah.
    At Coastal Carolina tomorrow.

Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 75 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.