Weekend Open Thread

Home Forums All StateFansNation Weekend Open Thread

Viewing 21 posts - 51 through 71 (of 71 total)
  • Author
    BJD95
    Keymaster

Looks like Wahoowa might be spitting the bit here.

Wulfpack
    Participant

Big time shots by Duke

BJD95
    Keymaster

Yep, I continue to be confident predicting UVA goes no further than weekend #2 of the NCAAT.

Wulfpack
    Participant

It would be interesting to see what Bennett could do at another school whose ‘culture’ an recruiting limitations was polar opposite of Mr. Jefferson’s school…

He was fine at Washington State.

BJD95
    Keymaster

Hey, we ain’t the only ones who can choke. UVA is shell shocked.

Wulfpack
    Participant

Killer shots.

wufpup76
    Keymaster

Not sure if he’ll leave UVa anytime soon, but Bennett did take a pretty moribund Wash St. program to the top of the Pac-12 in a few years.

That said, hats off to Duke – excellent execution and shot making down the stretch. Wow.

Wulfpack
    Participant

I think he knows what he has at UVA and is very happy, but the Big Ten is going to come calling.

bill.onthebeach
    Participant

Bennett just GOTT politely “schooled” by Coach Rat…

#NCSU-North Carolina's #1 FOOTBALL school!
    BJD95
    Keymaster

But credit Duke. They f-ing stepped up and took it away. This is what I mean by them being the ultimate “high variance” team. When they get it going, they are better than anybody not named “Kentucky.”

Wulfpack
    Participant

More of Duke hitting killer shots than a choke. Duke is near impossible to beat when they hit those. Great game. Two good teams.

bill.onthebeach
    Participant

He was fine at Washington State.

I was thinking something more “urban” and “diverse” in nature… not pastoral like Charlottesville which is stuck somewhere in the middle of the 1980’s…

BJD95
    Keymaster

And UVA simply isn’t good enough to keep up with a top team playing at their best. Which is why if/when they catch such a team in the second weekend of the NCAAT, they’ll go home.

The Hoos are quite good and damned consistent, but they have a defined ceiling that makes winning a 6-round tournament quite difficult.

Wulfpack
    Participant

There is a type of kid Bennett wants, and a type he doesn’t. You gotta be all in to get PT for him. Don’t let his nice guy persona fool you. Very demanding.

BJD95
    Keymaster

It was some of both, UVA opened the door by getting tight. Duke only needed a crack of light playing like that, though.

bill.onthebeach
    Participant

There is a type of kid Bennett wants, and a type he doesn’t.

Jay Williams on E$pin radio this morning… said he went to the ‘Hoos practice yesterday…

He said ‘practice’ was as emotionally intense, complete with trash talking, and as physical as the live games… Williams also said directly to your point… When recruiting, Bennett’s only question to his recruits was something to the effect of … ‘Are you a fighter and will you fight for somebody else?’

If the kids GOTT that… I’m sure Coach thinks… I can teach you the rest…
    … and if not… the kid will be happier playing elsewhere…

To which, I might add… What you see is what you GOTT…

All TEAMs are most always a mirror image of the Coach…

—————

Speaking of fighting for something… where’s YKWYA ?
    I’ve been waiting here two hours or more for him to say something stupid.

wufpup76
    Keymaster

APB
    BOLO

Gowolves
    Participant

Beej95, in all fairness it’s tough for anyone to win six straight. Gotta have a little luck. With Bennett’s defense his team should be in EVERY game. Duke is the only team to shoot over 50% against them for the game.

wufpup76
    Keymaster

Fay Observer – now we know why Turner struggled shooting yesterday:

N.C. State, which uses a Wilson ball, practiced late this week with Nike basketballs because those will be available Saturday at Georgia Tech.

Also, this is funny :

wufpup76
    Keymaster

Miami blows a big lead @ FSU and loses by 1. They drop right back down to the rest of the pack (no pun intended).

We must be contagious after teams play us.

bill.onthebeach
    Participant

Go Noles !

Viewing 21 posts - 51 through 71 (of 71 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.