Weekend Baseball: Irish Classic

Home Forums All StateFansNation Weekend Baseball: Irish Classic

Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)
  • Author
    Wufpacker
    Participant

Since dropping their opening day game to Canisius, 6th ranked Wolfpack Baseball has gone on a 7 game win streak to push their record to 7-1 on the yea
    [See the full post at: Weekend Baseball: Irish Classic]

BJD95
    Keymaster

Since we aren’t playing ND, I will just assume that “Irish Classic” means there will be a bunch of drinking and fighting.

Wufpacker
    Participant

Heh, since Wednesday I’m not sure the drinking has stopped. Fighting sounds like a good addition though.

44rules
    Participant

Thanks for these. Until the last few years I never paid much attention to Pack baseball. Y’all make it easy to keep up.

Communism is not love. Communism is a hammer which we use to crush the enemy. Mao Zedong

VaWolf82
    Keymaster

Since we aren’t playing ND, I will just assume that “Irish Classic” means there will be a bunch of drinking and fighting.

I knew that there was a reason we kept you around.

redcanine
    Participant

State up 0-3 on Michigan in the Shepherd’s Pie Invitational.

Brett Austin batting LEADOFF- and going 2 for 2 so far!
    2nd- Jake Fincher
    3rd- Trey Turner
    cleanup- Bubby Riley

BJD95
    Keymaster

I knew that there was a reason we kept you around.

LMAO, I need to contribute somehow!

TheCOWDOG

If I told you that watching fastpitch softball in Spartanburg required Irish, would ya get it?

Thanks for the tips.

TheCOWDOG

^ Because it’s freaking COLD!

Last minute run…’Stick.

Wufpacker
    Participant

Pack9 down 2-0 to UCLA after 6 complete (UCLA home team today in Cary).

redcanine
    Participant

UCLA is the home team in Cary, NC, host of the Notre Dame Irish Invitational. Sounds about right to me. About as right as a football bat.

Wufpacker
    Participant

LOL…good points all red.

Wufpacker
    Participant

Pack9 falls to UCLA in Cary, 2-0. Rodon takes his 2nd loss of the season.

tjfoose1
    Participant

Met some of the UCLA guys at the airport. Dont think I’ve ever met more unassuming, down to earth college students in my life, let alone Div 1 and defending national champion athletes.

Wufpacker
    Participant

^ Very cool to hear that.

Pack bounces back today to down Youngstown State 16-1.

NC A&T visits Wednesday afternoon, then the Fighting Irish roll into town next weekend to get the conference slate underway.

tjfoose1
    Participant

I asked em what the score was and the replied, “our game?”, with big quizzical look. They seemed surprised anyone cared enough to ask. I guess when you play college baseball in LA, you fall pretty far down this list.

When they told me they beat Michigan, I said “nice job”. Then they gave the score to the Wolf pack game and my response was “screw you guys” :).

Chatted a bit and left em with “congrats on last year”.

Wufpacker
    Participant

When they told me they beat Michigan, I said “nice job”. Then they gave the score to the Wolf pack game and my response was “screw you guys” :).

LMAO….nicely played, sir.

Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.