Watching the Carousel Develop

Home Forums StateFans Basketball Watching the Carousel Develop

Viewing 25 posts - 301 through 325 (of 1,114 total)
  • Author
    TheAliasTroll
    Participant

another “interesting” quote from Keeter from article above

“I feel like he would be successful (at N.C. State) or if he stays here or at some of the other places he’s been rumored to go,” Keeter said. “I hope he’s in Raleigh, personally, but I’m not sure my opinion carries much weight.”

BJD95
    Keymaster

Bide our time, build our Karma stores. Arch is playing it right.

Adventuroo
    Participant

Sounds like Archie cleaned up the ORW quip…”Right now, I don’t give a $H_t about North Carolina”. You GOT to wonder about the mental state of some of the press. If they can’t write their stories from Twitter, they FREEZE and let the world know for sure that they are a fool….but opening their mouths…

Archie was VERY lucky to be the Winning Coach in Davidson last night. His guys did not do a good job of convincing Davidson that they had the next John Wooden leading them.

I certainly DO hope that we are a serious contender for young Mr. Miller and that he gives us a good look. BUT, if he says no, AFTERWARDS, then that is the way it is. If you want to BASH some folks for the decline of our Dynasty (courtesy or Messers Case, Sloan and Valvano), do some historical searches of the UNC BOG in 1990 and also the spineless actions of Dr. Monteith and his ACE HIRE….Todd Turner. Todd’s dad was a reputable business man in Raleigh….bought tires from him. His UNC grad son was an idiot. Throw in Claude Sitton and you have an equal amount of shame to spread around. The score is Valvano 1 and Sitton 0 since Claude died on Jimmy V’s Birthday. Don’t tell me that God is NOT vengeful….I am awaiting the punishment of Dr. Monteith. We will eventually find out that he plaguarized his Doctoral Thesis.

BJD95
    Keymaster

Claude Sitton, Todd Turner, and Larry Montieth are the original (and truest) Axis of Evil. May they all rot in Hades.

/even though V hisself would not like me saying things like that

//he will ALWAYS be a much better person than me, I accept that

Wulfpack
    Participant

Here’s a good piece on how active the carousel is going to be this year. A lot of jobs that will be open very soon. Watch the dominoes fall.

http://www.si.com/college-basketball/2017/02/23/nc-state-indiana-coaching-carousel

TheAliasTroll
    Participant

Here’s a good piece on how active the carousel is going to be this year. A lot of jobs that will be open very soon. Watch the dominoes fall.

http://www.si.com/college-basketball/2017/02/23/nc-state-indiana-coaching-carousel

thanks for sharing.. i love the way the writer puts out such precise scientific percentages of each job coming open.. lmao

he’s got clemson at 35%.. but my model shows 37% lol

BJD95
    Keymaster

Very thorough read, for sure. Loved the Tarhole Jeff Lebo streak – 19 years of coaching with no dancing. How does he keep getting jobs? HE’S. A. HOLE!!!

McCallum
    Participant

Claude Sitton, a real piece of work there for sure.

He had a lap dog that graduated from UGA. Mickey was hs first name, can’t recall the last.

McCallum

BJD95
    Keymaster

Mickey McCarthy. Smug piece of shit. Think he’s dead too. I shall open my wine and drink to that.

JeremyH
    Participant

The press is really going to ask Arch about the Pack in every interview here on out? Geez that’s annoying. I wouldn’t say anything either, would reinforce the behavior.

McCallum
    Participant

Yes!!

I called him a son of bitch to his face in 88.

Bastard was a Mc, asshole.

McCallum

JeremyH
    Participant

thanks for sharing.. i love the way the writer puts out such precise scientific percentages of each job coming open.. lmao

he’s got clemson at 35%.. but my model shows 37% lol

My ensemble model with smoothing has it at 40%..

Hope they keep their paws off Wade.

TheAliasTroll
    Participant

Yes!!

I called him a son of bitch to his face in 88.

Bastard was a Mc, asshole.

McCallum

hahaha I have no doubts you did. Classic McCallum.

McCallum
    Participant

McCarthy picked against State in every game during football season year in and year out.

He had an ax to grind against Sheridan that was hard to grasp. I recall a quote, “I’ll find the dirt on Sheridan one day”.

For people that did not behold the tremendous anti-State bias at the N&O, they simply can not believe a paper would write such things and push such an agenda.

State had just thumped unc 48-3 and I saw him in the causeway, “how’d you like that you son of a bitch?”.

McCallum

TheAliasTroll
    Participant

i’d have paid a good chunk of change to witness that

Wulfpack
    Participant

Most interesting part of that SI carousel
    article was Bennett’s possible interest in the Indiana job if Crean is fired.

I’ve long said that Tony belongs in the Big 10. He’s be a great fit at a place like Indiana or Wisconsin. You wonder if the Cavs flame out in the tourney yet again (which is highly probable) if he doesn’t wonder whether he can be as good as he thinks he can be in Charlottesville.

Of course, with our luck he’s there for the next 20 years.

Adventuroo
    Participant

McCallum,

Despite my original thoughts….you DO have a lot of redeeming traits….

LMAOROF…:) 🙂 🙂

Gowolves
    Participant

The same Mickey McCarthy from the N&O?

McCallum
    Participant

Ain’t but one.

Sitton was the real snake. The epitome of progressive white southern Democrat who, at his core, was an elitist and relied on the avant garde to provide him a moral high ground.

McCallum

BJD95
    Keymaster

He was a true hypocrite, no doubt.

Adventuroo
    Participant

Sitton was the role model for today’s Limo Liberal. If you followed the story line…and the $$…

The turning of Dix into Central Park south, Jimmy Goodmon of WRAL fame has been a major drum beater. His son and others with connections are buying up property around the area for up scale housing and other related development.

Guess WHO is being displaced? Hint, they are followers of a certain William Barber. One would think that the right Rev would be upset at his flock being dislocated and also not, if they own property, getting fair value.

But, since the Right Rev has his own freebie TV station, few disadvantaged are a small price to pay for the “good” of the movement…As well as the prosperity of the Rev.

Read the articles extolling the wonderful development…And do some connecting of the players.

That is what Claude Sitton and his kind are really like.

EOR

wolfpack92owen
    Participant

FWIW- my guy in the WPC says we are going all in with archie and thinks we can get him

just passing along some anecdotal knowledge

He has told me this 2 weeks in a row now, says archie is open to talk

I think if archie is listening then you simply cannot let him get up from the proverbial table and walk away. The kid is a superstar in the making. IMO there is no risk with him. Pay him what he wants and forget about bball for 20 years

pakfanistan
    Participant

It’s going to be a long month+

wolfpack92owen
    Participant

It’s going to be a long month+

in a weird crappy way we should be pulling against arch to lose. The more he wins the more difficult its going to be.

although I think its understood universally that morgan wants back in this state. We have to use that to our advantage

ryebread
    Participant

I don’t think you play on heart strings, a spouse or anything like that. If Arch wants to be here, he will come as long as we show him we’re serious about him being here (good offer, not some Fowler nonsense). If we don’t or just doesn’t want this job, he will not. If not, I hope he lets Yow know early so we can quickly move on.

Viewing 25 posts - 301 through 325 (of 1,114 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.