Watching the Carousel Develop

Home Forums StateFans Basketball Watching the Carousel Develop

Viewing 25 posts - 276 through 300 (of 1,114 total)
  • Author
    TheAliasTroll
    Participant

If Archie is as competent as we all think he is and he wants to come, it’s going to look like he’s not coming until it’s publicly announced that he will.

freshmanin83
    Participant

NCSU has hired Parker Executive Search firm for 90k same firm they used to hire Doeren.

Adventuroo
    Participant

Thanks, BJD95,

Have been “Chipped and Tuned” and ticker is beating faster than it did when I went out on first date with wife some 52 years ago.

Was done by UNC doctor and I have utmost confidence in him, even if he is as hard headed as I am and oftentimes wanted to know where I did my Cardio residency.

I am also going to suggest to Dr. Woodson that he invoke the Play Dooh emergency plan for the WPN immediately after a coaching announcement….Maybe kick it up an order of magnitude of it is not Archie.

The amount of grief counseling needed after November 8 will pale in comparison to what will be needed if Archie is not on stage in WP Logo attire.

TheAliasTroll
    Participant

I am also going to suggest to Dr. Woodson that he invoke the Play Dooh emergency plan for the WPN immediately after a coaching announcement

tell him to go ahead and pick up some coloring books whole sale too

Hamlet
    Participant

Gents I hate to break the bad news to you but Archie isn’t leaving Dayton for NC State. The expectations are too ridiculous when a coach like Gottfried does a good job given your program standing (in your own state and national perception) yet gets fired mid season.

I hope you guys come out with a good coach but reality is that you will likely have to look a little ways down your wish list just like you had to the last time around.

Wow. Thank you so very much for your vast knowledge, expertise, and insight.

archdalepack
    Participant

Thanks bdaz, forgot about our lack of an AFAM degree! No way a coach can overcome that recruiting disadvantage!

MrPlywood
    Participant

bdaz = Azzhat

BTW, did anyone else see Sean Miller at the UVA game today? He was there.

TheAliasTroll
    Participant

bdaz = Azzhat

the similarities are uncanny

TheAliasTroll
    Participant

We don’t ban posters often (rarely), but can we get Azzhat outta here?

tvp1
    Participant

Clemson loses yet another heartbreaker. Have to think this might be the end for Brownell.

It is going to SUCK when Wade pick his alma mater over us and ends up being a stud.

Wulfpack
    Participant

I fully expect Wade to end up at Clemson. Whether he’s good there or not is anyone’s guess.

GoldenChain
    Participant

Bilas/Gnmiski/Kilgo will be saying the Clemson job is better than the State job

choppack1
    Participant

The expectations are too ridiculous when a coach like Gottfried does a good job given your program standing (in your own state and national perception) yet gets fired mid season.

I am interested in finding out exactly what our expectations are. How bout you fill us in on what we evidently expect?

44rules
    Participant

So the guy telling us Archie won’t come is telling us Arizona is worried about Sean Miller leaving the desert for Raleigh? Seems like plain old trolling.

Communism is not love. Communism is a hammer which we use to crush the enemy. Mao Zedong

BJD95
    Keymaster

^ yeah, I flagged as “spam” tried to delete entire acct but program keeps crashing when I try to do that.

GoldenChain
    Participant

Come on BJD, we aren’t close minded like the bathroom Luddites.

bdaz, that you for posting, we welcome your thoughtful and insightful ideas.
    Please share more!

MrPlywood
    Participant

There he is… bottom row, second from the left…

bill.onthebeach
    Participant

Attn: Mods….

Is it time to invoke the “hometown, major, school and graduation year” rule for new pledges/posters ???

I am NOT suggesting that we would be “profiling” or excluding folks… just suggesting that we have “transparency”.

POP!!!

#NCSU-North Carolina's #1 FOOTBALL school!
    BJD95
    Keymaster

Hopefully, our Glorious Salute to Proletariat and such will keep us immune from Russified invasion, da??

/potato and beet vodka for all non-troll Comrades!!

TheAliasTroll
    Participant

we need extreme vetting

BJD95
    Keymaster

the last thing we need are Jihadis and (spits on ground) Trotskyites all up in here, spoiling good wolven solidarity…

TheAliasTroll
    Participant

Just doing a quick twitter search for chatter about Archie Miller.. nothing eye opening but a lot of fans of other schools are tossing his name around wishing him to come.. These include Tennessee, Georgetown, OSU, & St. Johns fans. He’s highly coveted by many, that’s for sure.

TheAliasTroll
    Participant

http://www.newsobserver.com/sports/college/acc/nc-state/article134934314.html

Miller answering “indirect” questions about NC State opening yesterday after they beat Davidson.. typical coach speak, but more importantly he did NOT close the door on us on the record.

TheAliasTroll
    Participant

another link from Dayton Daily News, basically the same story

http://www.daytondailynews.com/events/sports/archie-miller-fields-state-questions-after-win-davidson/qSdE4kqaOCRbh37CTNtqMM/

“As a player, to stay focused, I was always taught to be a day-to-day guy,” Miller told the News and Observer. “As a coach I’ve tried to do it the same way. We have a special group of guys that have been here from the beginning, so for me to spend any time on anything other than them would be unfair.”

TheAliasTroll
    Participant

some more good sh!t to fan the flames.. former Archie team mate and friend, Brian Keeter, commenting on the situation..

http://www.newsobserver.com/sports/spt-columns-blogs/luke-decock/article134931969.html

And as Keeter watches, he understands why N.C. State fans want Miller so badly – and also just how good the 38-year-old Miller has it at Dayton.

“He’s in a great situation where he is. They love basketball. He’s done really well there,” Keeter said. “I feel like he would consider it. I just do not know. With them coming down the stretch of another successful season, he hasn’t had a lot of time to devote to thinking about it.”

Viewing 25 posts - 276 through 300 (of 1,114 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.