WakeGate: Louisville Steals WF Playbook

Home Forums StateFans Football WakeGate: Louisville Steals WF Playbook

Tagged: , ,

Viewing 9 posts - 26 through 34 (of 34 total)
  • Author
    Pack78
    Participant

Several folks on TOS warned of the ‘Ville’s unsuitability for admittance to the ACC (unx notwithstanding!)…with Pitino and Petrino as revenue sport coaches, we see what kind of corrupt programs they run. Anyone else see that several folks (including two FB players) were shot at ‘parties’ celebrating Jackson’s Heisman Trophy award? The AD’s statement regarding this latest mess is an exercise in deflection-truly an embarrassment. I hope to not come across as tarhole-like with these statements…no jumping on a high-horse here-but Louisville looks like a terrible addition to the conference.

BassPacker
    Participant

This could get ugly quick for alot of people, including Petrino and perhaps lead to reconsidering the Heismen winner if the Wake game is overturned and declared a forefeit for Louisville. Lets hope it don’t turn out to be an ACC investigation done with the UNC scandal standards…

“In a statement Wednesday, the ACC said “protecting competitive integrity is fundamental” and that the conference would “perform its due diligence.”
    An investigation will start with Galloway, but it’s going to end up asking what Bobby Petrino knew and when he knew it. He denied knowing anything in November, so if Petrino was indeed involved or was aware his staff was taking advantage of illicit information, this is going to be a lot worse for his professional life than any two-wheeled peccadilloes or broken promises in his past.”

maverick_ncsu
    Participant

Pack78, I had this same concern when we added Louisville. I didn’t have a ton of knowledge of them, but their academics and their choices in head coaches of the two main sports (and thereby, the administration that hired and keeps them) were enough for me to not want them in, regardless of how well their teams perform. – NOTE: I know Charlie Strong was there when the vote to add them was taken, but they had previously employed Petrino, and then that same administration hired him back, so the point still holds.

BJD95
    Keymaster

How many points did the Holes score against them this year? Like 62?? They didn’t come close to doing that to anyone else (on the 1-A level), IIRC.

tractor57
    Participant

I think Petrino is bottom of the barrel when it comes to morals but lest not forget where this started ….

Pack1997
    Participant

PackMac, 25,000 plus average attendance. For the size of the school, stadium, area, and team they had I would say thats pretty good attendance numbers.

bill.onthebeach
    Participant

The Plot Thickens…

e$pin reporting this afternoon…

Virginia Tech: Wake Forest intel obtained via radio man in 2014

#NCSU-North Carolina's #1 FOOTBALL school!
    PackofMac
    Participant

Pack97 that place hasn’t seen 25,000 people in it since the Deacs were good those three years under Grobe. No need telling me or informing me of facts found on google, I’ve been there first hand for the past 39 years being my dad is an alumni. Only started attending games in Raleigh since high school, college and beyond.

Besides, if 25k were there any of the non mentioned years 20,000 of them were in visiting team colors.

wolfmanmat
    Participant

Wake may sell that many tickets but never a big crowd there. The season tickets are 75 dollars for the whole year in some sections so a bunch of people buy them for 1-2 games. They are selling beer in stadium now too to help draw a crowd.

Viewing 9 posts - 26 through 34 (of 34 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.