Wake Forest Comes to Play…Rack ‘Em

Home Forums All StateFansNation Wake Forest Comes to Play…Rack ‘Em

Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 44 total)
  • Author
    TheCOWDOG

Eight. Keep that number on file. It doesn’t refer to Yogi, Cal, or anyone on the gridiron as Wake Forest comes to C-F on Saturday. I’ll not say anymor
    [See the full post at: Wake Forest Comes to Play…Rack ‘Em]

pakfanistan
    Participant

Great post.

We’re going to have our opportunities. Here’s to hoping we carpe foozball.

Can someone answer what’s going on with our secondary?

TheAliasTroll
    Participant

Spill the beans! What’s with the “eight”?

Fastback68
    Participant

State does or does not cover??

TheAliasTroll
    Participant

State does or does not cover??

I’m seeing us as eleven point favorites. Way more than I would have thought, which I suspect bodes well for us.

Wufpacker
    Participant

Very nicely done ‘Dog. We’uns is definitely in need of some unity and encouragement. Hopefully after Saturday, we’ll have gotten a bit of both.

The Magic 8 Ball is clueless on this one this Saturday however, so we’ll just have to find out together.

TheAliasTroll
    Participant

We’uns is definitely in need of some unity and encouragement. Hopefully after Saturday, we’ll have gotten a bit of both.

My guess is Sunday’s outcome, whichever way it falls, will give us one or the other, but not both.

Fastback68
    Participant

I just assumed the original -9 spread went down to -8 and guessed CD was going to give the inside track on which way to go. -11?

Fastback68
    Participant

Oh yeah, if this turns into the game thread, we have been sorely lacking lady pics this entire season. However, the flying dogs pic settled the account somewhat.

TheAliasTroll
    Participant

I just assumed the original -9 spread went down to -8 and guessed CD was going to give the inside track on which way to go. -11?

yeah looks like we opened at -9 (-9.5 at some places) with almost 65% placing bets on Wake Forest and the line jumped all the way to -11 (even past the significant -10 line). Classic reverse line movement by a LOT. Doesn’t make sense playing against a 4-0 squad.. i’m wondering if the sharps are placing a lot of emphasis on us having 2 weeks to prepare. If not then someone with a lot of cash knows something rest of us don’t!

BJD95
    Keymaster

I have a hard time getting my head wrapped around this one. It could go so many different ways.

Like cowdog so excellently said, it’s all in the team’s hands, starting in 72 hours.

tjfoose1
    Participant

I’ll be mildly surprised by a Wolfpack victory.

Not through any analysis, as I’ve been somewhat disengaged this year. Has more to do with that ‘melancholy and stuff’ stuff that CD referenced than anything else.

C’mon DD, show us something.

freshmanin83
    Participant

So the 8 ball thing. CD said put it in your wallet so something to save for later. Wallet has to do with money. 8-ball, 8-b and money so 8 billion. It must be the amount of money the ncaa is going to pay unc for bothering them with the cost of an investigation. It all goes away as soon as ncaa pays. This will be seen as letting the ncaa off lightly and they should be glad that worse things are not imposed on them.

choppack1
    Participant

Wow. Foose jumps off the ship…

This game has become huge. What should have been at worst a “trap game” – now represents a few things (potentially):
    1. DD’s first victory over a P5 school with a winning record (at end of season.)
    2. A chance to build some momentum for the domers.
    3. A chance to make a splash nationally by beating an undefeated team with 2 victories over P5 schools.

Simply put, a victory Saturday will represent DDs 2nd most impressive victory in 4 years at the helm.

The good news for us is that wake is missing their best qb and best rb.

A loss here and suddenly a firing this year is on the proverbial table.

IMHO, I think we win and I think we win impressively. We are – by a mile – the most athletic team Wake has faced. Unless we catch the turnover bug – BIG caveat, but DD’s teams are usually solid in this area – we should get the W here.

Like cow says, we need to play with a chip on our shoulder.

ryebread
    Participant

Since 1987, we’ve lost to Wake one time at home. I don’t think we’ll do it this time, particularly not coming off a bye.

My 8 is behind the 8 ball. That’s what we are if we don’t or can’t beat Wake at home.

Wufpacker
    Participant

Oh yeah, if this turns into the game thread, we have been sorely lacking lady pics this entire season.

Ask and you shall recieve….

Wufpacker
    Participant

This game has become huge.

Totally with you chop. Even though I didn’t quote your entire summary, I think you pretty much nailed every point.

tjfoose1
    Participant

Nah, haven’t jumped. Just not a heavily invested passenger.

tjfoose1
    Participant

Damn.. you all are killing the reverse mojo with all this talk of winning expectations, good feelings, and girlie picks. Since when does the Wolfpack do well in such settings?

But regardless… Wuf’, nice work, sir. Bravo

Wufpacker
    Participant

Nah, haven’t jumped. Just not a heavily invested passenger.

Steerage? Not bad ’til you hit the iceberg. 😉

Wufpacker
    Participant

Damn.. you all are killing the reverse mojo with all this talk of winning expectations, good feelings, and girlie picks. Since when does the Wolfpack do well in such settings?

But regardless… Wuf’, nice work, sir. Bravo

LOL. If there’s anything I know, it’s how to pick girls who would be smart to never have anything to do with me. Somehow I keep tricking them tho. 😉

tjfoose1
    Participant

Steerage? Not bad ’til you hit the iceberg. ?

Exactly the metaphor I had in mind. Exactly.

pakfanistan
    Participant

asdf

Wufpacker
    Participant

Exactly the metaphor I had in mind. Exactly.

Yeah, I kinda figured as much. Great minds, etc., etc.

McCallum
    Participant

Lucky Sperm Club: 27
    Dapper Daves: 22

McCallum

Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 44 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.