Va Tech AD Offers Support for Beamer

Home Forums StateFans Football Va Tech AD Offers Support for Beamer

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Wulfpack
    Participant

Interesting.

“The Military Bowl win was a good, positive step for our program and should provide strong momentum for recruiting and as we look forward to spring ball,” Babcock said. “Coach Beamer and I both realize that this season was not up to the overall standards we expect, however, or that our fan base expects. I support the plan that Coach Beamer has in place moving forward. After 22 seasons without a losing record, as the active NCAA FBS wins leader, and winning 15 out of 16 against our in-state rival, he has earned the opportunity to elevate our program back to where we all want it to be: competing for ACC Championships.”

http://m.espn.go.com/ncf/story?storyId=12114836

tractor57
    Participant

Beware the pat on the back.

StateFans
    Keymaster

I guess it is not weird that he had to come out with this statement in light of Virginia Tech struggles in recent years. I’m sure the fan base is frustrated to see the program fall into the middle as it has.

Nonetheless, and historical look at VPI shows that Frank Beamer is THE Godfather of the only success that they’ve ever had. Of course he deserves to craft his own exit whenever and however he would like (as long as he is meeting a minimum benchmark of success and not running a rogue program).

BassPacker
    Participant

SF, one could substitute two things with your statement and show that is not always the case:

“Nonetheless, and historical look at FSU shows that Bobby Bowden is THE Godfather of the only success that they’ve ever had. Of course he deserves to craft his own exit whenever and however he would like”

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.